Multi silvers, V nickel and Mega clad

Congrats on a great hunt! For me, that sounds like a perfect scenario. Lots of coins with a chance for silver every dig! I'd probably go at it till I dropped over - wouldn't know how to quit.

Thank you!

It is crazy...we work all our lives for money and it is no big deal. I find an old nickel and I go crazy...lol.

What a haul!!! That place was worth the wait and drive,

Thanks Florida Tabdigger! And I know this place has been hit before just like most places. An interesting thing about that silvers, is that they all were coming in at a much lower vdi number than usual. That is probably how come I found them too.

Thanks you!

Congrats on a great hunt! For me, that sounds like a perfect scenario. Lots of coins with a chance for silver every dig! I'd probably go at it till I dropped over - wouldn't know how to quit.

Thanks CallMeGrey! I found all those coins in a five hour hunt. The silver coins were found in the outlining areas of the field. No sooner I was standing up, it was time to go down and dig again. I would of stayed longer but it was getting dark and colder. Thanks again for your good comments!

I been eyeballing this old school property for about a year. Every time I arrive there much activity is going on. This location is fair drive to get to so it is hard to check on the conditions that might be going on.

So today, I had the field to myself. And I thought I better find some PA silvers before Mark gets them all....lol. In short, it was a crazy good day. It was one of those rare sites that I could not dig fast enough. And most finds were on the deeper side too.

The ground conditions were perfect. In summary, I found two GWs, 43' & 52', 42' merc. and a 1906 V-nickel in pretty good shape. Plus of course $21.00+ in clad. This brings my FTY silvers to 40.

The past couple of days have been pretty good for me. Yesterday, found a toasted LC which I am bathing in a chemical solution to really kill it. And then another $21,00 in clad too.

Thanks for checking out my latest thread!

The clad is incredible. That is a ton of dug coins very impressive. A v nickel is something I would love to find. A large cent is just not attainable for me till I travel to hunt. Congrats on crushing it.

It is crazy...we work all our lives for money and it is no big deal. I find an old nickel and I go crazy...lol.
/QUOTE]

Yeah the search and discovery is what makes it valuable. I buy worn coins off eBay all the time but my dug coins are the ones I cherish and want to pass on to my kids lol.

I been eyeballing this old school property for about a year. Every time I arrive there much activity is going on. This location is fair drive to get to so it is hard to check on the conditions that might be going on.

So today, I had the field to myself. And I thought I better find some PA silvers before Mark gets them all....lol. In short, it was a crazy good day. It was one of those rare sites that I could not dig fast enough. And most finds were on the deeper side too.

The ground conditions were perfect. In summary, I found two GWs, 43' & 52', 42' merc. and a 1906 V-nickel in pretty good shape. Plus of course $21.00+ in clad. This brings my FTY silvers to 40.

The past couple of days have been pretty good for me. Yesterday, found a toasted LC which I am bathing in a chemical solution to really kill it. And then another $21,00 in clad too.

Thanks for checking out my latest thread!

Looks like a fun day..
The multi silver days in public Areas are getting rare!!!..probably other silvers still hiding there!!

Thank you!

The clad is incredible. That is a ton of dug coins very impressive. A v nickel is something I would love to find. A large cent is just not attainable for me till I travel to hunt. Congrats on crushing it.

Thanks DiggingThePNW! Clad kind of started semi-slow for me in the very beginning of the year, but then it picked up like crazy. What I like about the clad, it has no sentiment value to me, and easy to get rid of. Thanks again for your kind words!

Looks like a fun day..
The multi silver days in public Areas are getting rare!!!..probably other silvers still hiding there!!

Thanks goldendreams! You are so right about those buffet style all you can dig kind of locations. But the icing on the cake were those silvers and the "V". When the timing is right I will hit that location again.

Congrats on the silver and on the amazing amount of clad!

Thanks turtlefoot! My next challenge is to find another location like this again. Nothing like coming home with a pouch full of clad and a couple of extra goodies to go with it.

So you had to tolerate a "toasted" one for once , eh ? Oh the indignity ! :sissyfight: :laughing:

Tom, just for you I will post it! I think if I use some Navy jelly on it, it will look like mint fresh again. :laughing:

Attachments

• IMG_2546.jpg
    IMG_2546.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 34
Back
Top Bottom