MDT gold

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
I got out Monday and did a few hours in the water. Just not feeling well enough yet to do a lot of days in a roll. This one is a Georg Jensen white gold. I thought at first it was a SS puzzle ring. But turned out to be 18K.... and yes i tested it. New they run around $1500.... unless you get both sides, then double it. Weighed 5.6 grams. It was a good 10" down in some loose sand setting on the shell hard pan.

I received a call from Dimatar the designer and owner of the Tarascci today. Seems hes working on another machine. He asked me a question..... how long do i keep my box underwater. I told him on a 5 hour hunt easily 3 hours or more im out there waist deep to neck deep. We talked about his changes to the MDT like the battery box with longer threads made of aluminum. So curious i asked him will you now do one waterproof if someone wants one he said yes. He also said Phil Meyer now sells um in Tampa and that he was using one.

some other odd finds were about a half dozen buffalo nickels. Some one decided to throw them all over the beach some where about Sept and we have been cleaning them up sense. I can tell.... the ones i found were very deep. But hey if someone wants to throw their coin collection in the water .... im will to dig it.:laughing:

Attachments

• IMG_0612.jpg
    IMG_0612.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 422
Cool 18k and some Bucks!!

Nice one Dew! Yet to see any MDTs here. Nox seems to be the machine to have, no excals seen either, and odd I seen a couple new CTX's this year in the water. Could be land hunters looking for that gold I guess.

I don't ever see myself doing more the 5 hours anymore, most now are 3 hours. .. old age has kicked in.. I'm just Happy to be around still. :yes:

Congrats on the gold!

Water machines need a higher waterproof rating than you'd think because it's not a static load, it's dynamic.

So far the excal has served me well but I'd take a deeper hitting machine all day long if tarasacci can do a machine good for say 10m depth.

Nice one Dew! Yet to see any MDTs here. Nox seems to be the machine to have, no excals seen either, and odd I seen a couple new CTX's this year in the water. Could be land hunters looking for that gold I guess.

I don't ever see myself doing more the 5 hours anymore, most now are 3 hours. .. old age has kicked in.. I'm just Happy to be around still. :yes:

It’s a unique machine Joe… not for everyone for sure there is a learning curve. People like Nox reasonable priced and good warranty….. and most can use it right out of the box. But that box in the water isn’t proving to be very waterproof. Great all around machine. But I wouldn’t say it’s better than the Xcal in PP mode. The only reason I’m not using an Xcal is repairs….. constant.

Never seen a ring like that. Looks like junk if not for the stamp , and I would have tested it too. About 2 years ago it was either a representative or Mr.Tarasacci himself came out to one of our beaches with a couple hunters I know to show how his detector works. The beach has very mineralized black sand and loaded with garbage. He couldn't get it to work for some reason. The people I know said there was no way they would even consider buying one based on that demonstration. I would have to ask my buddy on the specific details , but this is what he told me.

:dingding: I thought for a minute it was one of those rings the engagement ring sets into. GREAT find!

Tarssacci's are great especially in black sand i think many people would be surprised by the pi like depth

I got out Monday and did a few hours in the water. Just not feeling well enough yet to do a lot of days in a roll. This one is a Georg Jensen white gold. I thought at first it was a SS puzzle ring. But turned out to be 18K.... and yes i tested it. New they run around $1500.... unless you get both sides, then double it. Weighed 5.6 grams. It was a good 10" down in some loose sand setting on the shell hard pan.

I received a call from Dimatar the designer and owner of the Tarascci today. Seems hes working on another machine. He asked me a question..... how long do i keep my box underwater. I told him on a 5 hour hunt easily 3 hours or more im out there waist deep to neck deep. We talked about his changes to the MDT like the battery box with longer threads made of aluminum. So curious i asked him will you now do one waterproof if someone wants one he said yes. He also said Phil Meyer now sells um in Tampa and that he was using one.

some other odd finds were about a half dozen buffalo nickels. Some one decided to throw them all over the beach some where about Sept and we have been cleaning them up sense. I can tell.... the ones i found were very deep. But hey if someone wants to throw their coin collection in the water .... im will to dig it.:laughing:

Looks like a ring to open beer bottles Dew... :yes:

Ive got several of those bottle opener rings......youd be better off using your teeth than this ring......:laughing:

Nice find

Dew , as much as you hunt , I am waiting for some 1715 fleet gold , I am sure it's under 100 miles to get their , check Buell Rides post , gold is gold , if you get badgered to much Dew , send it to me , I could use a new beer bottle opener 😉:laughing: , you know how it is on the water forum :fmdfwelcome::rofl2: , just no credit , were credit is deserved 😉 ps get that all the time, Felix said come to , MIAMI he will clean the beach free of zinc , you have 1st . Dibs on the gold .:laughing::thumbsup:

Nice hunt...congrats! I don't submerge my Tarsacci when beach hunting. The deepest I go is knee deep. With that said, every machine has it's strengths and weaknesses-the Tarsacci is no different, but when it comes to hunting the beach, I almost always choose the MDT over my Nox. Both are good machines, but for different reasons...just my two cents...

Last edited:
Great ring!
That's cool you talked directly with the maker and they seem open to doing some special factory mods for you, hard to get that attention from other shops...

Zee …. He’s not a one man show, but rarely can you chat or have a designer call you. He wants to sell and make machines. He just sold one guy the machine and shaft because he already has one MDT. I’m not special he talks to a lot of the guys who owns um looking for ideas.

I agree there is no perfect machine, but thus far the serious hunters I know with them aren’t leaving them in the closet.

Dew that machine does you well,,,,I have seen the deep gold you have dug with it,,,,I just don't have the patience or time to learn one of those right now,,,,Oh, by the way,,,,,right after you pulled out of my drive last week that excal starting jumping all over the place again and hasn't stopped since,,,,like you said, constant repairs,,,,,If I were hunting like I used to, I could only imagine the amount of repairs I would be having,,,,sweet gold,,,definately worth more than melt but might be hard to find a buyer for such a unique piece,,,,GL HH

Tim you do great with those Xcals….. I like the simplicity of them and they just plain work. Murphy’s law hasn’t been kind to you lately thou. Got to hunt to pay for repairs…. Or take up golf 😂 😂.

Back
Top Bottom