First 45 minutes of the day a once in a lifetime find…. Then nothing but junk all day.

DiggingThePNW

Forum Supporter
So I haven’t posted in a bit. However I have been getting out about 12hrs per week. Before yesterday I was at 55 silvers, 4ihps, 85 wheats and such. Well we went to a spot where my hunting buddy last time we were there got a wheat and a ihp. It’s a old homesite that recently was burned down on purpose and then they leveled it. We confirmed it in the killer dog tag find from 1898 that the place was at least that old. Hopefully DirtFishingDan will post his end of the day he crushed it wheat, ihps, old key, dog tax tag and a couple mercs. Well the first 45 minutes in I found a find of a lifetime. I called Dan over to swing his mxt over it he felt strongly it was a silver dollar. It was tight and very bright as well as loud. We almost did a video of me digging it but didn’t. After popping it we did as it was being removed from the plug. That video is on my Instagram @diggingthepnw so doubt I would ever find this but not only was it a Morgan silver dollar (my first silver dollar) it is a 1892 Carson City. I have decided to send it in to pcgs to have it restored and placed in a case. Without further ado my Morgan

Attachments

• 76007CC0-E97A-487D-ABFE-E92ED8C709AE.jpg
    76007CC0-E97A-487D-ABFE-E92ED8C709AE.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 770
  • 5B41DD00-57C9-408B-964E-D2E881ED9E53.jpg
    5B41DD00-57C9-408B-964E-D2E881ED9E53.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 753
  • B1E74D4F-99A7-40ED-A5D0-1A2CD7AC812C.jpeg
    B1E74D4F-99A7-40ED-A5D0-1A2CD7AC812C.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 769
  • 414E07B8-1EE2-4F20-B2E3-040E0A5FE9AC.jpeg
    414E07B8-1EE2-4F20-B2E3-040E0A5FE9AC.jpeg
    192.6 KB · Views: 755
  • 22885C78-721A-4D26-BD1D-F3C7F2DE55AE.jpeg
    22885C78-721A-4D26-BD1D-F3C7F2DE55AE.jpeg
    149.6 KB · Views: 743
  • 61517F5E-40D1-427A-A5C3-25EAA4915662.jpeg
    61517F5E-40D1-427A-A5C3-25EAA4915662.jpeg
    154.1 KB · Views: 759
Last edited:
I know it isn’t that important to have it restored or even sent to pcgs but I want it to look good in my burgeoning collection.

I found nothing but old iron there the rest of the day as my buddy crushed it. I think all my luck was used in that first 45 minutes. It was my fifth target. First three were old mason jar lids and fourth was a nail then bang that lady. We moved spots about 6 hours later and I only found clad and trash at the new spot. We are gonna go back and hit around the old leveled structure with small coils as it appears these finds well some were in the fire then pushed.

Welcome to the Barber half club, have a big glass of Pepsi and sit in our leather chair!:drink::hide: ...this is the only chair cartoon.:lol:

Welcome to the exclusive and elite "silver dollar club". Membership rules are quite simple : You send me $100, ok ? (I accept paypal :cool3: )

Very nice find! It goes to show once again that indeed, they are still out there! A CC Morgan nonetheless! Beautiful find good sir!
Pro tip….If you think you have a silver dollar and so does your friend…film.;)

Congrats on the low-mintage find! What kind of signal did you get on the Equinox?

Apparently if I ever want to dig a morgan, I need to move to WA :laughing: seems like almost every week someone out there finds one. I often wonder why that is? Settlers cashed in their small silvers for a bunch of big ones to save space possibly? I've only heard of one being found in my state, that's it. Obviously there has to have been more, but they are scarce to say the least. HUGE congrats!!!!!

So I haven’t posted in a bit. However I have been getting out about 12hrs per week. Before yesterday I was at 55 silvers, 4ihps, 85 wheats and such. Well we went to a spot where my hunting buddy last time we were there got a wheat and a ihp. It’s a old homesite that recently was burned down on purpose and then they leveled it. We confirmed it in the killer dog tag find from 1898 that the place was at least that old. Hopefully DirtFishingDan will post his end of the day he crushed it wheat, ihps, old key, dog tax tag and a couple mercs. Well the first 45 minutes in I found a find of a lifetime. I called Dan over to swing his mxt over it and he too felt strongly it was a silver dollar. It was tight and very bright as well as loud. We almost did a video of me digging it but didn’t. After popping it we did as it was being removed from the plug. That video is on my Instagram @diggingthepnw so doubt I will ever ever too this but not only was it a Morgan silver dollar (my first silver dollar) it is a 1892 Carson City. I have decided to send it in to pcgs to have it restored and placed in a case. Without further ado my Morgan

First off, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Welcome to the Silver Dollar Club! Saw your post on FB and was very surprised a CC came to Washington:shock:. Regardless it was a special hunt and a big congratulations to you and your partner! I fully expect to see your signature reflect your find appropriately....

Apparently if I ever want to dig a morgan, I need to move to WA :laughing: seems like almost every week someone out there finds one. I often wonder why that is? Settlers cashed in their small silvers for a bunch of big ones to save space possibly? I've only heard of one being found in my state, that's it. Obviously there has to have been more, but they are scarce to say the least. HUGE congrats!!!!!

Hey Cellr, I would trade one of my Morgans to find a few Seated quarters that seem to pop out of the East Coast like wheaties in Washington.. :p. Just kidding.....

First off, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Welcome to the Silver Dollar Club! Saw your post on FB and was very surprised a CC came to Washington:shock:. Regardless it was a special hunt and a big congratulations to you and your partner! I fully expect to see your signature reflect your find appropriately....

Hey Cellr, I would trade one of my Morgans to find a few Seated quarters that seem to pop out of the East Coast like wheaties in Washington.. :p. Just kidding.....

Haha I'll give you 100 large cents? :laughing:

Not on Facebook so Dan did show it excellent. I will never beat this. Would love to meet up with you guys maybe on a trip east of the mountains this coming summer.

This state is very odd. First two years no silver. And my first was a seated half. However the trash to coin ratio is huge. I have filled 3/4 of a 20 gallon tote each year in old !!!! iron. The loggers and settlers did drop stuff though just lots and lots of work. I have over 2500 hours on my nox and 2490 of that is junk

Congrats on the low-mintage find! What kind of signal did you get on the Equinox?

Was a solid 38. However I have had a half ring as high. So initially I thought half until we both passed over it again. And Dan has detected five times as long as me so after he confirmed I wasn’t shocked he was right.

Very nice find! It goes to show once again that indeed, they are still out there! A CC Morgan nonetheless! Beautiful find good sir!
Pro tip….If you think you have a silver dollar and so does your friend…film.;)

I do have a video right as plug was flipped. But I said maybe live dig it. We don’t YouTube as it would take up a ton of hunting time and just not our thing but I do have it a little on that Instagram

Back
Top Bottom