Dream Hunt

KOB

Forum Supporter
Hoping this brings a smile and hope to those who have been in the dumps and slumps to what's been going on in this world and the tragic Scuba news. This is a recent hunt that I debated on whether to post or not but it brought back memories and a couple of happy tears.

Worked the high tide out to the early morning low. A gradual slope leading way out to a slightly raised sandbar that had a steeper 20' slope into the crashing surf. About 250' long. Access to this popular beach was about 4 hours before the tide pushed me out. This particular spot is not well known to hunters and has produced before. It was nonstop digging with lots of iron , sinkers , stakes and junk jewelry. I dug everything and emptied my bag once , which is rare.

As I was done walking off the beach , I knew I had some good finds and thanked the Lord as OBN does. That very next night I went back exhausted. It was over , the sandbar was gone. Some finds , but not like the night before. In a 24 hour span , I hunted about 15.

Totals : 10.5 rings. Some silver and junkers. 4 pieces of gold , both 10k and 14k for 8 grams. A 12 gram "brick pattern" PALLADIUM ring , which is a bucket lister for some. ( my 4th in 3 years). My search shows this goes for around $4k retail. $13 in clad , iPhone and knife. A lock that I know nothing about.

I have MAYBE 2 or 3 hunts like this a year. Back in the day it was far more common. I pray for all of you to have good enough health to enjoy life , don't give up and "live life to the fullest"... 20210727_072257.jpg20210727_072321.jpg20210727_072234.jpg20210727_072210.jpg20210727_072336.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I pray for all of you to have good enough health to enjoy life , don't give up and "live life to the fullest".

Amen Brother!

Heck of a 15 hour run! A Great memory too! Love the treasures! We come across a spot like this and it is such a rush it's even hard to sleep.

Sweet hunt with lots of goodies, congrats on 4 palladium in three years, I found one 2 years ago, thought it was a junker until I got back to the truck and looked at it with my loupe. Never thought I find one of those. I like the lock too looks super old. You've located a nice spot, hopefully it continues to produce in the future!

:dingding: So you've been holding back on us? ;) Great finds!!!

What's Palladium,lol....Yea, that's how many I've found in the last 12 years
Nice grouping of finds. WTG
DL

I had never heard of palladium until someone posted that they had found one. Two weeks later i found my first and only one.

That palladium is worth considerable more than the same weight gold ring. Congratulations of the outstanding hunt and finds.

Great post. Congratz on the goodies. And that's amazing how a wet-sand zone on a beach can have non-stop targets like that. But crazy how 24 hrs. later, hardly anything ! Mother nature can add or remove several feet of sand in a single tide cycle.

Thanks for the comments guys ! Yes , my sleep pattern is way off as I hunt more at night and sleep during the day now. So peaceful , so serene ! My best hunts have ALWAYS started at HIGH TIDE. I have watched 4' cuts being made and disappear in 30 minutes right in front of me. The lock looks to be of a very old design , but there isn't really alot of rust on it , which seems odd to me. Might make a good restoration project because it's in excellent condition. From what my pawn and jewelry sources tell me , Palladium is a hard sell. Many are skeptical of the (Russian) mined metal....only way to truly test it is with a special analysis machine or gun. They are in the $10k-$20k range and many don't have them. The hallmarks can be readily faked for such an expensive metal. The volatility of the market on Palladium scares dealers. And some refuse to pawn or buy as scrap. This imposes a certain amount of risk and the % of payout as scrap is generally lower than what you would get for gold or platinum. The last 2 days hunting have produced both silver and gold. My body is telling me to take a break. It's crazy guys cause my gold count has doubled in less than a month from what I found in the previous 6 months combined. Which says I wasn't doing very good on the gold ! Still a longshot to reach my goal of 100 for the year. It's out there and others are finding it too. GL.....

Kob

Ring Daddy title up 4 grabs , when the treasure is present , jump on that opertunity , conditions change , you know , go get some , I was on the moon last night till 3am , the views were great , happy hunting bro . Great hunt again:thumbsup:

A dream day for sure!! I like to wear any good rings on whatever finger they'll fit on for the ride home so I can check them out, that's quite a few fingers worth there! lol

Hoping this brings a smile and hope to those who have been in the dumps and slumps to what's been going on in this world and the tragic Scuba news. This is a recent hunt that I debated on whether to post or not but it brought back memories and a couple of happy tears.

Worked the high tide out to the early morning low. A gradual slope leading way out to a slightly raised sandbar that had a steeper 20' slope into the crashing surf. About 250' long. Access to this popular beach was about 4 hours before the tide pushed me out. This particular spot is not well known to hunters and has produced before. It was nonstop digging with lots of iron , sinkers , stakes and junk jewelry. I dug everything and emptied my bag once , which is rare.

As I was done walking off the beach , I knew I had some good finds and thanked the Lord as OBN does. That very next night I went back exhausted. It was over , the sandbar was gone. Some finds , but not like the night before. In a 24 hour span , I hunted about 15.

Totals : 10.5 rings. Some silver and junkers. 4 pieces of gold , both 10k and 14k for 8 grams. A 12 gram "brick pattern" PALLADIUM ring , which is a bucket lister for some. ( my 4th in 3 years). My search shows this goes for around $4k retail. $13 in clad , iPhone and knife. A lock that I know nothing about.

I have MAYBE 2 or 3 hunts like this a year. Back in the day it was far more common. I pray for all of you to have good enough health to enjoy life , don't give up and "live life to the fullest"...View attachment 487800View attachment 487801View attachment 487802View attachment 487803View attachment 487804

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Congrats on the assortment of metal rings! Thanks for sharing!

Makes my mouth water. I long to try my luck at a beach someday.

I have done quite well in the dirt. It wasn't until around 2006 I got the bug to try tot lots and schools for gold. It was like candy land. Having never ever been hunted before, it was normal to leave a tot lot with 5-6 pieces of gold each hunt. I did that for a good 3 years before I had cleaned them out to just recent drops. But man those 3 years!!!

Back
Top Bottom