Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Family Friendly Topics

Old 08-21-2021, 11:36 PM
Official Tot Lot King

Default Early morning visitors at the Castle! Update!

The Queen, always an earlier riser than His Majesty, captured these two visitors to the Castle's back yard 3 days ago. Then we had a report from a neighbor that this morning they were grazing on the front lawn! Just added another picture that the Queen gave me.

This spring's fawn and its doe...last year the Queen spotted an 8 point buck in the Castle's back yard, but before His Majesty could get out of his Royal Lounge Chair and look out the window, he had slipped into the adjacent woods!
Attached Images

Last edited by KingTotsalot; 08-22-2021 at 11:55 AM.

Old 08-22-2021, 01:51 PM

Looks tasty!

Old 08-22-2021, 03:05 PM
Official Tot Lot King

Originally Posted by jordanmills View post
Looks tasty!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-22-2021, 06:05 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by jordanmills View post
Looks tasty!
Yes, they do. Wait ‘till they’re bigger.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-22-2021, 06:25 PM
Official Tot Lot King

Originally Posted by amc rulz View post
Yes, they do. Wait ‘till they’re bigger.
yep, much bigger! LOL This spring the Queen saw an 8 point buck in almost the exact same place in the Castle back yard. Perhaps this is his family?!

Old 08-23-2021, 08:27 PM
Elite Member

When still living on our farm, I could open my front door and watch deer walk across about less than 100 yards from me. They must have had a path they followed.

Old 08-23-2021, 10:33 PM
Official Tot Lot King

Originally Posted by Silversmith45 View post
When still living on our farm, I could open my front door and watch deer walk across about less than 100 yards from me. They must have had a path they followed.
KT certainly understands. His Majesty believes the deer here enjoy munching on the tender new grass shoots that spring up after the grass is mowed! KT's uncle had a dairy farm and every opening day he would simply open the back screen door to his house and shoot a nice buck out of his pasture. They were constantly mingling with his dairy cows, so he would take his pick!

Old 08-24-2021, 08:20 AM
Elite Member

Before I moved there was a water tower about 1/4 mile behind my house I would walk up to and detect in the evenings, found some goodies up there. There always used to be between 5-10 of them wandering around on the hill with me. Whenever I would get down to dig a plug they would come up to within about 20-25 feet and just watch. When I got up they would back away some but seem quite content trying to figure out what I was doing.

Old 08-24-2021, 09:57 AM
Official Tot Lot King

Originally Posted by T-Man View post
Before I moved there was a water tower about 1/4 mile behind my house I would walk up to and detect in the evenings, found some goodies up there. There always used to be between 5-10 of them wandering around on the hill with me. Whenever I would get down to dig a plug they would come up to within about 20-25 feet and just watch. When I got up they would back away some but seem quite content trying to figure out what I was doing.
Sounds like some kids KT encountered on some of the Totlots His Majesty used to hunt! Very curious they are! Perhaps trying to see what plants they thought you were eating?!

Old 08-24-2021, 11:39 AM
Supporter

KT, hope you don’t mind if I add this photo to your thread, this was taken at my aunt’s house although they look through the window at my home also.
Attached Images

Old 08-24-2021, 03:53 PM
Official Tot Lot King

Originally Posted by amc rulz View post
KT, hope you don’t mind if I add this photo to your thread, this was taken at my aunt’s house although they look through the window at my home also.
KT does not mind at all! HA HA For them to look through the bay window of the Castle, they would have to be giraffes! LOL