• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

My wife's first coin ever - SILVER ROSIE with Vanquish 440

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
Well, as I mentioned in the 200th Silver Coin thread for my friend, my wife and I met up with him on our way home to the Bitterroot Valley here in Western Montana. We did get some detecting in, and while I ran my AT Pro, my wife tried out our new Vanquish 440.

Her first good target was a 29 on the Vanquish, and a 86-87 when I double checked it with the AT Pro. I assumed a clad quarter, but it turned out to be one of those copper washers that ring up really well. As I worked a bit further up the curb strip, she continued to hunt. She has her own Lesche and Garrett Carrot, and after a bit wandered over with her first coin ever, and it was a Silver Rosie! 1952-S! She ended up with a couple of Wheat Cents, a few Copper Memorials, and one clad dime, along with a couple of those copper washer things.

She did better than I did all day, I must have dug 60 coins with at least 20-25 being wheat cents, but just could not get my coil over a shiny coin. I did get a nice Silver Victorian pendant, but will post all my finds from several partial days of detecting in another post, as this is her story and first find, thank you for your interest!

Attachments

• tinners.jpg
    tinners.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 280
  • julie2.jpg
    julie2.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 278
  • julie3.jpg
    julie3.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 280
Congrats to the Mrs. on her first silver and a successful hunt LTS. She has a great teacher so she is already a leg up on others. Continued success to you guys. Mark

Big congrats to your wife and great story. Maybe we'll all get to hunt together sometime. I wonder how many of the detectorists out here would like to have their wives join in on their hunting. Seems to me it would be fun to have the shared experience. Others might chafe at the thought. Wishing you the best of luck ion your future hunts.

Big congrats to your wife and great story. Maybe we'll all get to hunt together sometime. I wonder how many of the detectorists out here would like to have their wives join in on their hunting. Seems to me it would be fun to have the shared experience. Others might chafe at the thought. Wishing you the best of luck ion your future hunts.

Thanks Gale, glad her first coin was a Shiny Dime! Gotta keep that reputation up for finding silvers! I think the hardcore hunts would be with a group of guys or single guy just out detecting till they drop. With the wife, perhaps a shorter hunt and doing some other fun stuff together.

Congrats to your wife, David! Her first coin being a silver is quite an accomplishment; I dug over 700 coins before finding my first silver coin. :D

That is kinda cool. Wonder if she has the bug now. I would have that she would by now based on all your finds you bring home. But if she gets hooked , are you still gonna clean the house ?šŸ¤£

That's great having your wife enjoying the same hobby as yourself!šŸ‘

Thanks metal! She's not a gung ho as I am but now she has her own machine so who knows.... might have some serious competition here in Montana!

That is kinda cool. Wonder if she has the bug now. I would have that she would by now based on all your finds you bring home. But if she gets hooked , are you still gonna clean the house ?šŸ¤£

Hah, thanks KOB! Heck, if she can bring home the shiny coins I may have to do more housework!:lol:

Fun story and good pix. Tell your wife that her next bucket lister is a merc. Then a barber, then a seated, etc.... Bucket-listers will fly past. And within a few years : Any gold coin newer than 1850 will bore her to tears ! :laughing:

Congrats on the silver.

Thanks, will let her know!

Fun story and good pix. Tell your wife that her next bucket lister is a merc. Then a barber, then a seated, etc.... Bucket-listers will fly past. And within a few years : Any gold coin newer than 1850 will bore her to tears ! :laughing:

Thanks Tom! Yep, gotta start with a Rosie and work your way back. Anything Seated or older here in Montana will be a tuff pull.:D

Back
Top Bottom