• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Washington and an Ugly Old Merc

Lee1968

Elite Member
I went to a local park that has been pretty good for silver this morning. I was fortunate enough to get over a couple of silvers that make 19 and 20 fty. I usually set a modest goal of 20 silvers per year, but last year I found 36, and I have reached my goal for this year. So it has been a good couple of years. The quarter is a 1962 and the Merc is a 1919 D. I thought I had a 3rd silver but it turned out to be an Ivory Flakes Token. Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

1962 Quarter.jpg

1962 Quarter1.jpg

Merc Dime 1919.jpg

Merc Dime.jpg

Ivory Flakes Token.jpg

Congrats on the GW and Merc. No way is she ugly, maybe a little rough but she's still beautiful. I hope I look that good at 102. lol Good luck, Mark

I went to a local park that has been pretty good for silver this morning. I was fortunate enough to get over a couple of silvers that make 19 and 20 fty. I usually set a modest goal of 20 silvers per year, but last year I found 36, and I have reached my goal for this year. So it has been a good couple of years. The quarter is a 1962 and the Merc is a 1919 D. I thought I had a 3rd silver but it turned out to be an Ivory Flakes Token. Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

View attachment 487724

View attachment 487725

View attachment 487726

View attachment 487727

View attachment 487728

I have a couple mercs in alot worse shape than that one!!

It all melts the same if it were to come to that!

I don't know what it is about those 1919 mercs but they seem to come out of the ground with great details, though maybe a little scratched up.

I have a couple mercs in alot worse shape than that one!!

Yeah some of them definitely show their age!

It all melts the same if it were to come to that!

Very true!

There's no such thing as an ugly Merc.

well maybe ugly was harsh - how about "well worn"?

I don't know what it is about those 1919 mercs but they seem to come out of the ground with great details, though maybe a little scratched up.

It is the first 1919 I have found, but you are right. If it weren't for the scratches, it wouldn't be a bad looking coin!

I like the '62 quarter; it's in pretty good shape! And, great job meeting your goal for the year. Way to go! :thumbsup:

I've yet to uncover a silver coin while metal detecting, but I would love for my first to be a Washington quarter. :grin:

Nice finds, including the token.

Thanks!

Congrats on the neat finds! That merc looks great for being a 1919. :D

Thanks! It definitely has character!

I like the '62 quarter; it's in pretty good shape! And, great job meeting your goal for the year. Way to go! :thumbsup:

I've yet to uncover a silver coin while metal detecting, but I would love for my first to be a Washington quarter. :grin:

Thanks Princess! Good luck on finding your first! I hope it comes soon!

Back
Top Bottom