💰💰💰 THE LAW AND PRACTICE REGARDING COIN FINDS Treasure Trove Law in the United States. 💰💰

https://www.inc-cin.org/assets/pdf/articles/laws-usa.pdf

Very detailed legal info, if you think you may be close to finding a few million $ treasure, and if you can keep it!

Wouldn't it be a real PAIN to report it? I mean the paperwork would be astounding. The number of people you would have to repeat your story to. Surely someone would LIE and say you didn't even find it and keep it for themselves.

Nope, I think if you find millions in gold you should just keep quiet and cash it in $20 at a time. Little by little and one Latte at a time you could foil them. I mean REALLY who are THEY to tell YOU what you can and cannot do?

After all you don't even carry a License because it's such a hassle. I doubt the government will have to worry about you hauling out thousands of pounds of gold.:haha:

.... if you think you may be close to finding a few million $ treasure, and if you can keep it!

Why restrict this article to the big-ticket-treasures worth millions ? I see nothing in the article that restricts the conversation to *only* super-valuable finds. Or perhaps I missed some dollar value criteria there ?

On the contrary, they use examples of a motel maid that might find something of value left by a guest. Well gee, that's talking about stuff like their wedding ring left on the nightstand, etc.... Eh ? So the stuff in this article can likewise be said to apply to us.

Thus by all means, let's apply this article to our md'ing fumble fingers stuff. And I can see a "rush" of md'rs here, on this forum, who are fretting themselves silly about all these distinctions and laws, eh ? :roll:

This is all very similar to the L&F laws of all 50 states. But more focused on cache-type finds of antiquity (where, obviously ..... the original person is long gone). But in other ways, similar to the L&F issue.

Interesting link MITW.

If someone wants to "fret themselves silly" , they can try to apply all of this. But at some point, we have to differentiate realistic vs technical.

Why restrict this article to the big-ticket-treasures worth millions ? I see nothing in the article that restricts the conversation to *only* super-valuable finds. Or perhaps I missed some dollar value criteria there ?

On the contrary, they use examples of a motel maid that might find something of value left by a guest. Well gee, that's talking about stuff like their wedding ring left on the nightstand, etc.... Eh ? So the stuff in this article can likewise be said to apply to us.

Thus by all means, let's apply this article to our md'ing fumble fingers stuff. And I can see a "rush" of md'rs here, on this forum, who are fretting themselves silly about all these distinctions and laws, eh ? :roll:

This is all very similar to the L&F laws of all 50 states. But more focused on cache-type finds of antiquity (where, obviously ..... the original person is long gone). But in other ways, similar to the L&F issue.

Interesting link MITW.

If someone wants to "fret themselves silly" , they can try to apply all of this. But at some point, we have to differentiate realistic vs technical.

Why big ticket? No one's going to hire an attorney over a $5,000 find. Now, if you find something worth $80,000 on my property.. I'll probably call my attorney.

You have to wonder what Parada's motive is. No one in their right mind would expel any sizable time or $ looking for a treasure... just to many people would have claim to it, before you.

.... You have to wonder what Parada's motive is. .....

The "motive" is the same as O.I. (which I hope you can agree is total nonsense too) . The motive is : Everyone wants to believe in a treasure. Treasure stories are SO fun. No one wants to apply skeptical critical thinking, "lest they be left out". Or "lest they be laughed at all the way to the bank". Every one loves excitement, supposed conspiracies, and riches. Why not ?

THAT is your answer to "what Parada's motive is".

.... No one in their right mind would expel any sizable time or $ looking for a treasure .....

Not true. Otherwise seemingly rationale people do stupid stuff all the time. So the "sizable time & $" have no bearing on how true the story might be.

Ie.: where there's smoke does not always mean fire. In this case, the smoke was of Dennis' OWN making. Spending years screaming that he'd "found" (past tense) a treasure. And beating on scores of media outlet doors begging for attention. And beating on various govt. agencies doors screaming that he'd found a treasure. So all the "sizable stuff" you see is nothing more than Dennis' own doing.

People will expend lots of time & energy doing foolish stuff. So the amount of time & energy has no bearing on how-true-something is or isn't.

The "motive" is the same as O.I. (which I hope you can agree is total nonsense too) . The motive is : Everyone wants to believe in a treasure. Treasure stories are SO fun. No one wants to apply skeptical critical thinking, "lest they be left out". Or "lest they be laughed at all the way to the bank". Every one loves excitement, supposed conspiracies, and riches. Why not ?

THAT is your answer to "what Parada's motive is".

Not true. Otherwise seemingly rationale people do stupid stuff all the time. So the "sizable time & $" have no bearing on how true the story might be.

Ie.: where there's smoke does not always mean fire. In this case, the smoke was of Dennis' OWN making. Spending years screaming that he'd "found" (past tense) a treasure. And beating on scores of media outlet doors begging for attention. And beating on various govt. agencies doors screaming that he'd found a treasure. So all the "sizable stuff" you see is nothing more than Dennis' own doing.

People will expend lots of time & energy doing foolish stuff. So the amount of time & energy has no bearing on how-true-something is or isn't.

If I was Elon Musk, I would go hide $500 Million of gold somewhere, let Dennis find it, just to drive you crazy? :)

https://www.inc-cin.org/assets/pdf/articles/laws-usa.pdf

Very detailed legal info, if you think you may be close to finding a few million $ treasure, and if you can keep it!

Why do you waste your time on this topic? Personally I don't care what is said in these articles...

I didn't get in the hobby to find pennies and pulltabs...

You enjoy these topics have at it but a big waste of time...

And no I haven't read any of these threads... its a big nothing burger...

Why do you waste your time on this topic? Personally I don't care what is said in these articles...

“Big nothing burgers” are standard fare in his particular case.:lol: He might want to count the number of spammers you’ve banned…and you might know this went on across the road.

Whats wrong with pennies? Relatively speaking, none of the things we find justify the time and expense we put into the exploration.

I remember the first thing I found with my detector was a chunk of junk. I was thrilled! I found something!

Back
Top Bottom