• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Minelab Equinox 800 - Back to the beach after many years

elskel

Hello all, I am new to the forum. I used to detect with a Whites Surfmaster Pro PI. I did quite well with this detector (still have a cigar box with a bunch of gold in it). I am going to start detecting once again and would like any input on the Minelab Equinox 800. This detector seems like it would be perfect for me.
Thanks for any input / info, Brian

Mine works very well on rust infested beaches!
Recovery speed 5
Sensitivity 25
F2 at 5? I think? Can't remember? At first I ran it at 9 to block out all iron noise!
Beach 1 works well.

I would say for the wet sand or dry sand its great but if your wanting to get into the water exclusively then there are better machines.

I don't have the 800, but the 600 works well for me at the beach. Surprisingly stable in wet and dry conditions...

Hey Amigos, Thank you for the responses. I do not plan to spend much time under water. but in the water for sure. This would be ocean / beach detecting mostly.
brian

Hey Amigos, Thank you for the responses. I do not plan to spend much time under water. but in the water for sure. This would be ocean / beach detecting mostly.
brian

Beach 2 would be your setting of choice for wet sand/water contact. I highly suggest learning the horseshoe mode of the machine. Feel free to pm me when you are into it!

Hello all, I am new to the forum. I used to detect with a Whites Surfmaster Pro PI. I did quite well with this detector (still have a cigar box with a bunch of gold in it). I am going to start detecting once again and would like any input on the Minelab Equinox 800. This detector seems like it would be perfect for me.
Thanks for any input / info, Brian

Pi PRO was my favorite detector... I started with it thought the Dual Field was a upgrade for me it was not... wish I still had the PI PRO...

Thanks, will give you a holler. Yes, that whites machine worked well for me.

Back
Top Bottom