F22 or BH Discovery 3300 MD?

Clint in KY

I had convinced myself that the F22 was a good replacement for my long gone F2. Watched a bunch of videos on not just the F22 but other brands as well. I came across a video for the BH Discovery 3300 that was very intriguing. The ability to notch certain elements on the fly looked interesting and useful. I an still using my original TK IV but it lacks a numerical readout that, while not absolutely necessary, adds some very important information.

So since the price point of both machines is very close, is there any down-sides to the Discovery 3300?

Thanks

i would stick to the f-series, myself. fisher is always gonna be a little better than BH imo. :)

I would think the F22 over the Bounty Hunter. But really at that price point I'd be looking at a Nokta Makro Simplex + or a Minelab Vanquich 440. I think there is a lot more value in those models over the Fisher or the Bounty Hunter.

I used to have a F2 and loved it.

i would stick to the f-series, myself. fisher is always gonna be a little better than BH imo. :)

I'm not sure why you would say that. Both Fisher and Bounty Hunter are made by the same company so would share technologies. Fisher may have a better name but BH has made some very capable machines. I still have and use my TK IV which is over 14 years old and the only malfunction I have had is the battery door is a bit loose so I insure I don't lose it I add a small piece of tape.

I would think the F22 over the Bounty Hunter. But really at that price point I'd be looking at a Nokta Makro Simplex + or a Minelab Vanquich 440. I think there is a lot more value in those models over the Fisher or the Bounty Hunter. I used to have a F2 and loved it.

I originally looked at the Nokta Simplex, but I don't care for the enclosed battery. I know I can carry a spare unit but prefer being able to buy standard batteries when I need to.

Also I prefer to buy USA made items when I can.

My BH TK IV has served me well but want to upgrade to a machine with a numeric display to help distinguish between trash and treasure.

My first detector was a Discovery 3300 from Costco a couple years ago for a little over 100 dollars. At that price i think it was a great deal.
Looking online now they seem to sell for 200+.

For that money you might be better served with a Minelab Vanquish 340.

Or for under 300 consider a Vanquish 440 or Simplex+.

But the 330 is very lightweight, has several features other budget machines may lack like manual groundbalance, pinpointing, etc.

I originally looked at the Nokta Simplex, but I don't care for the enclosed battery. I know I can carry a spare unit but prefer being able to buy standard batteries when I need to.

Also I prefer to buy USA made items when I can.

My BH TK IV has served me well but want to upgrade to a machine with a numeric display to help distinguish between trash and treasure.

You might want to look at something like the Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro or Teknetics Eurotek Pro.

Here are a couple on E-bay that aren't too overpriced at the moment.

Land Ranger Pro
https://www.ebay.com/itm/295079945670

Teknetics Eurotek Pro
https://www.ebay.com/itm/325252845971

The Discovery 3300 is an older design similar to the Fisher F2. The Bounty Hunter Pro lineup is their more modern machines. Just watch out as some of the lower end machines don't have a pinpoint function.

^ this. I had a F2 and a Land Ranger pro. The LRP is MUCH better than the F2. The LRP was equal to an AT pro when me an my buddy compared them. If you didn't need submersible then I would rate the LRP above the AT pro.

Back
Top Bottom