• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Some type of Wrench

Popdigz

Found this last week under my deck. Was about 4 inches deep. Not very familiar with antique tools but the closest thing I could find to this was old wratchet sets from the 20's. The thing is this doesnt seem to be a wratchet style wrench. It looks to me that the socket was permanently attached...but maybe The rust bonded the 2 parts permanently. .

Attachments

• 20220711_140008.jpg
    20220711_140008.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 521
  • 20220711_140029.jpg
    20220711_140029.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 506
Looks like an old spark plug wrench...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Closest I came in my researching photos is that it may be a flathead wrench for a Harley but not sure. Still haven't seen one that looks exactly like mine.

looks more like a cheapie Chinese spark plug wrench that came in the box with a new chainsaw or string trimmer in the 1980s or 90s. Fell through the cracks on day one and was never seen again...until now.

It is not a lug wrench. The walls of the socket are too thin to withstand the torque required for lug nuts. With the way it is manufactured, it should be old enough to be before the introduction of the gas string trimmer. Pre 1970's. I am guessing McCullough or Homelite. It could even be a Model A or Model T spark plug wrench.
My guess is a spark plug wrench included with a chainsaw.

I'd agree definitely too small for lugs. It's only about 5 inches long. More than likely a spark plug wrench. Thanks for all the help everyone.

I have one similiar, but it has a screw drive on one end to tighten a chain on my chainsaw. Use the socket to loosen two nuts, adjust chain, then retighten nuts.

Don't you have servants to do that kind of stuff for you? :)

Back
Top Bottom