Finally! A REAL alien artifact lol.

Diga

Elite Member
I forgot to put a size reference in the picture, but it's about 1"x2" and about 1/8" in thickness. It's also very heavy for it's size. Can anyone identify the markings?

4.jpg

That is a crop circle template from a 1936 flying saucer. Made in Germany[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Well that's as good as a guess as any :D

I think this is the first time that I can't, in one way or another, identify a find.

The back is flat with nothing on it.

The thing on the left kind of looks like a crude light bulb. The thing on the right looks like a crude schematic diagram.

Where in the scale did it ring up? Looks like a plate from some sort of “boutique” item, I have no guesses as to what. It does look as though it was riveted or screwed to something and it got ripped off forcefully from its mount. What type of site did you find this in?

The item was found on a vacant lot. The lot had residential houses on it dating back to about 1880. It ID's on my Legend at a solid 42, and I'm thinking it's lead.

Try as I might, I'm just not seeing a radio dial and speaker :)

I used bings' version of "google lens" ? Came up with a lot of possibilities. interesting find !
Marty

Thanks Marty.

I previously tried a Google image search, and just tried it again. No matter what image I try, or in what browser, I keep getting, "This page isn't working right now", instead of the search results.

I also tried the Bing image search. I got a lot of results, but I didn't see anything that is even remotely similar to the markings on whatever the heck this is :)

I got the Google image search to work, but still, no results even come close to whatever those markings are supposed to represent.

I also posted it on 2 other forums, and no one has a clue. Do any of you ever recall an item posted on FMDF, but couldn't be identified?

My next step is to post it on an electrical forum and/or a general forum that has tens of thousands of members. Someone has to know what the heck this is :)

I also think this could be an old printing block for a radio ad or article. I definitely see a vintage radio there, also the image seems to be reversed like a printing block would be, most radios of that style and time period have the dial and controls on the right and the speaker grill on the left. Here is a similar item on ebay, notice the plate is tacked onto the block just about where this item has holes.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/165309621457

Last edited:
SilverLegacy, Elworm, and HuntinDog,

Sorry, I didn't realize until just now that you three added replies. You all have some good leads that I'll look into...but for the life of me, I still don't see anything resembling a radio or speakers :?:

Back
Top Bottom