Minelab Go Find Series???

C&SDiggers

I've been thinking about picking up one of the Go-Find Series detectors for my kids. Question is what's you thoughts? Do you have one or have you used one? Are they worth it or should I just get them a vanquish or something similar. I like Minelab products but would be open to other suggestions. I have an Equinox 600 and a CTX 3030. If I get them into it I'm not partial to buying a cheap detector that could end up being a door stop, I would like to start them out with something decent. Not to mention if they don't take a liking to it then I would potentially have another backup.....you cant have to many right?
TIA

Thanks For the reply:
Yea I've read all about them I was just curious if anyone had any personal opinions on them from using or owner any of them. Seems like all the videos of guys using them are in the UK and not a whole lot of videos that I have found.

I'm just curious if they're nothing more than a "name brand" bounty hunter or amazon special?
I don't think they are a rebranded detector, but whether they are worth looking at, I don't know.

A couple of the British channels I saw doing reviews of the GoFind series are what I term notorious pimping channels, in that they plug machines pushed by their sponsors..

Personally, I see the GoFind as a holiday or travel detector when perhaps you don't want to risk taking a better more expensive machine.

I've been thinking about picking up one of the Go-Find Series detectors for my kids. Question is what's you thoughts? Do you have one or have you used one? Are they worth it or should I just get them a vanquish or something similar. I like Minelab products but would be open to other suggestions. I have an Equinox 600 and a CTX 3030. If I get them into it I'm not partial to buying a cheap detector that could end up being a door stop, I would like to start them out with something decent. Not to mention if they don't take a liking to it then I would potentially have another backup.....you cant have to many right?
TIA

Well if they are on the younger side, I would check out the Nokta makro midi & mini. I bought both for my kids, and they are decent enough for the price. If they are a little older, Nokta makro simplex would be and excellent starter machine. Easy to use, learn, and not overly expensive. Also, it gets mid-high levels of depth, unlike others in its price range. If they decide.they like the hobby and want to stick with it, they probably won't feel the need to upgrade right away with the simplex. If they decide this isnt the hobby for them, its not a huge loss. A bounty hunter is fun to use, but within hours I felt I needed more.

Go Finds are based on Minelab single frequency V-Flex tech from the X-Terra series. They are not rebranded from some other planet. They don't have an actual alpha-numeric display. They fold up really well but they are not very comfortable to swing. I gave one to a niece and nephew and they did okay with it but the doorbell audio and jumpy target Icons were not popular with them. These are pre-entry level detectors and detect about as well despite the otherwise excellent V-Flex tech.

Had the Vanquish series been available then I would have given them the 340 or 440. The Vanquish are based on Equinox Multi IQ simultaneous multi frequency tech, have nice features, great displays, excellent target IDs and depth. You can re-arrange the shaft setup to shorten the entire detector to fit just about anybody. The 340 and 440 come with the 10" coil which balances them really well. They are entry level but detect way better than that.

I bought two for some new experimenters (kids) and ended up sending both back because of functional failures. Maybe look for other youth sized detectors of another brand.

Funny thing. I had one on order (the 44)when I spotted this thread. It’s for an 11 yr old. Thinking I may have made a mistake based on comments, when it arrived I decided to take it for a spin. I had my Legend close by to double check some finds.
It actually went pretty well once you get used to the slower recovery speed and not so great pinpointing. Hey it was under $150 US.
I hunted a schoolyard and tot lot. Found clad some kids jewelry, pencils, and the ever present foil and pull tabs plus a hot rock. Not a bad hunt. I think the child will enjoy it.
1a41c84766459c3580f90624c7eb2720.jpg

819c5a96fd0be5d07c921e25b8e18a6b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can get a Minelab Vanquish for only $199. The shaft is VERY adjustable and can be made quite short for a child. Should greatly outperform a Go Find.

hey thanks guys!!I will most likely go with a vanquish but i just wannted to see if anyone had anything to add from what i already suspected. thanks again and happy swinging!

Well if they are on the younger side, I would check out the Nokta makro midi & mini. I bought both for my kids, and they are decent enough for the price. If they are a little older, Nokta makro simplex would be and excellent starter machine. Easy to use, learn, and not overly expensive. Also, it gets mid-high levels of depth, unlike others in its price range. If they decide.they like the hobby and want to stick with it, they probably won't feel the need to upgrade right away with the simplex. If they decide this isnt the hobby for them, its not a huge loss. A bounty hunter is fun to use, but within hours I felt I needed more.

I second this. I actually won the nokta midi in a club hunt and tried to get my kids using it. (they used it for about 10 seconds).

Anyhow I tried it and was suprised at how well it works and its waterproof. In fact it worked way better than the aces i had when I started the hobby.

Back
Top Bottom