Posting pictures help (with graphic examples)

GKL

Forum Supporter
If you have the photos on the hard drive of your computer here is how to add them to your posts -

adding_pics_1.jpg

after you click on the paper clip, then "browse", search for the folder on you computer where you stored the photos and choose the photo you want to upload. (also notice the maximum file size chart)

adding_pics_2.jpg

you can upload 5 photos at a time after you browse and choose each one individually

adding_pics_3.jpg

close that window after you see all photos have uploaded

adding_pics_4.jpg

now you're ready to add the photo(s) to your post -

adding_pics_5.jpg

adding_pics_6.jpg

IF you need to resize your photos, you need to do so before choosing and uploading them, I use the "Paint" program that is built into Microsoft Windows, if you don't use Microsoft Windows you'll need to use a similar program.

resize_1.jpg

resize_2.jpg

If you want to just use part of a photo -
(if you need to both resize and crop, I would crop first, then see if you still need to resize)

crop_1.jpg

Last edited:
This is what I call a top notch thread.
Congrats to the op.
You are one of the folks that make this forum great.

Thank you Gary!
I went ahead and stickied it :thumbsup:

Thanks Vlad, it is appreciated as some have indicated it was a big help to see actual "how to" pictures instead of just written instructions alone.
(I know I learn things faster that way myself :lol: )

I didn't want to put you on the spot requesting it be stickied as I can understand you might want to avoid having too huge a number of stickies, so I appreciate you doing so !

Orientation of pics solved...LOL. On your computer, open with Paint, re-size, rotate, or manipulate as you see fit and then save, When you post it should post in the correct orientation. Did a few tests and it seemed to work...HH

Orientation of pics solved...LOL. On your computer, open with Paint, re-size, rotate, or manipulate as you see fit and then save, When you post it should post in the correct orientation. Did a few tests and it seemed to work...HH

That's great, thanks for letting us know you got it to work ! :thumbsup:

If your pics are still over the size limit try to save them as a jpeg that reduces the size quite a bit and usually works.

This particular post is NOT about uploading a picture, but about how to save a picture that is not available with the usual "save as" method.

For those who want a way save a copy of a section of whatever is on their computer screen this can be of help to you

There are some things that are difficult or impossible to save a copy of the normal way so I found a free program called "PicPick" where you can choose an area to copy and save as a photo.

You can find it on the Cnet download site or the direct site, the version for personal at home use is free -

http://ngwin.com/picpick/download

see this on the above link -

PicPick1.jpg

When you install it make a desktop icon you can click on whenever you need to use it.

Open the program first, then put whatever you want to copy a section of (web page, ect.) on your computer screen, then at the bottom of your screen the program icon should be in the taskbar, click on it to bring it on top so you can select the "region" option, then the program page disappears and a "crosshair" appears, I usually start in the upper left corner of the area I want to copy and hold down the "left click" button and drag it open to cover the area you want to copy, the let up on the "left click" button and then choose "file" then "save as" then I usually choose the JPG format, and name it whatever you want to name it.

PicPick2.jpg

Posting Videos

This is help for posting videos -

If it is not a YouTube video, upload the video into YouTube to get a YouTube URL then do the following -

adding_video.jpg

Usually an easy mistake to make when not having used this feature before is to try to use the entire YouTube URL instead of just the part at the end.

Thanks Gary. I might have more stuff coming. The wife bought some BALUT. I wll show and tell when I get the pictures.. KEN :D

Glad it was of help Ken !

As far as the "BALUT" I just looked it up to see what it is :shock: and I think I'll stick to eating regular chicken eggs :lol:

Looking forward to having fun with more pics you post though :lol:

Back
Top Bottom