multi kruzer or xp orx

jimmy clark

has anyone used both, and which do you prefer? I'm been using a kruzer for a few years, but also am interested in the orx. I'm asking the queston in case I have to sale the m. kruzer to afford the orx.

I have owned both and I really like them. I don't own them anymore however.

ORX is almost 1 lbs. lighter. The ORX depending on the coil used can go as low as 4 kHz and as high as 81 kHz. If you have one of the X35 coils and a white HF coil, you basically have 56 different selectable single frequencies........ It has 2 discrimination modes which are Coin Fast and Coin Deep which are very similar to the original Deus 1 Fast and Deus 1 Deep programs. Unlike the Deus 1 versions, ORX Fast and Deep are extremely limited in audio features so just 3 tones that are not as harmonically rich as the Deus 1 tones so the information that happens on the edges of the tones is very limited compared to Deus 1. Also there are no non-ferrous adjustable tone breaks and no notching. ORX also has two Gold prospecting modes that also work well for deep relic hunting. So for me the ORX is an outstanding gold prospecting detector, excellent relic hunting detector especially in thick iron and just a so/so coin and jewelry detector in modern aluminum trashed sites. Where I hunt, the target ID accuracy and tone bin accuracy deteriorates rapidly on non-ferrous targets deeper than 3 inches due to iron mineralization.

The Multi Kruzer is a really good detector in milder dirt, it's waterproof (ORX isn't) and for underwater use it has that vibrate feature which I really like when I can't see the screen. Where I hunt in moderate to high mineralization, the target IDs were absolutely all over the place on any coin sized or smaller target deeper than 3" no matter what settings I used. Compared to the ORX, it is limited to 3 frequencies which can all get hit pretty hard by EMI where I detect.

So as much as I like the rugged Multi Kruzer, between the two I would pick the ORX.

Between the Multi Kruzer and the ORX for the price I would skip them both and get an Equinox 600 or Nokta Makro Legend but I really need simultaneous multi frequency operation to help deal with moderate to high iron mineralization in my area. You may not have that problem.

Ive owned the Kruzer and now i have the anfibio. Ive owned several of the top players and am waiting for the legend. Im impressed with nokta makro and will likely stop selling and trading once i get my hands on the legend.

I cannot justify spending $1000 on a machine that is not waterproof. I used the Kruzer for 2 seasons loved it. Didn't love the noise...but other than that it was a stellar machine...looked very hard at buying on ORX...in the end just couldn't justify it. I am excited to test a Makro legend as I feel my nox 600 is my best machine. Hoping the legend will compare nicely.

I cannot justify spending $1000 on a machine that is not waterproof. I used the Kruzer for 2 seasons loved it. Didn't love the noise...but other than that it was a stellar machine...looked very hard at buying on ORX...in the end just couldn't justify it. I am excited to test a Makro legend as I feel my nox 600 is my best machine. Hoping the legend will compare nicely.

X2

jimmy clark: said:
has anyone used both, and which do you prefer? I'm been using a kruzer for a few years, but also am interested in the orx. I'm asking the queston in case I have to sale the m. kruzer to afford the orx.
I have also owned both, but it really boils down to what you plan to use a detector for. I don't beach hunt much anymore so the waterproof feature doesn't matter. My time is devoted to urban Coin & Jewelry Hunting as well as rmote3-locswatrion Relic Hunting. Of the two the Multi-Kruzer make the better urban-use device, but I found it to be nose heavy compared against my Racer 2 or White's MX-5 or 7.

The Multi-Kruzer, with a small 5" DD coil, can do well for Iron infested Relic Hunting places, but I have other detectors for that, and in the fringe areas of for 'scouting' I preferred the ORX w/5X9½ HF DD coil.

I have an 'as-new' ORX w/9" X-35 coil that I have used less than 2 hours, and a brand new 5X9½ HF coil with less than 30 minutes use, plus the Mi6 Pinpointer. Going to sell the package, very affordably, because my health is bad and I simply have too many detectors for my hunting needs. Trust me, they can be affordable, and you might consider getting an ORX and hanging onto the Multi-Kruzer, if you need it for water use.

I am a Nokta / Makro fan, owning and using four of them, and I am curious about The Legend and hope they have a decent competitor for the market, but until it is out, and used enough in a variety of applications, we won't know.

Monte

Back
Top Bottom