A pirate treasure /new series

Thanks, saw it while browsing through yesterday, will check it out soon I imagine as we are still burning through shows quickly...

My wife and I watched the first 2 episodes last night and we really enjoyed them. It is brilliantly done . Watching it is a real ride ! Those Pirates were some mean , fearless , crafty , ruthless , horny ,greedy buggers and this series will show you to what extent .
The actors , narrator ( Derek Jacoby) , route maps , ocean battle , Ship and armament scenes and tactics explanation are top notch . WARNING :Some scenes may be a bit much for the faint of heart . Torture , murder , storm scenes etc.

It had me making some comparisons as to what is presently going on in the Philippines with China using semi warships to pirate the fishing on their coast and their plans eventual plans of world dominations .

If you like history , treasure and adventure this series is for you !

My wife and I watched the first 2 episodes last night and we really enjoyed them. It is brilliantly done . Watching it is a real ride ! Those Pirates were some mean , fearless , crafty , ruthless , horny ,greedy buggers and this series will show you to what extent .
The actors , narrator ( Derek Jacoby) , route maps , ocean battle , Ship and armament scenes and tactics explanation are top notch . WARNING :Some scenes may be a bit much for the faint of heart . Torture , murder , storm scenes etc.

It had me making some comparisons as to what is presently going on in the Philippines with China using semi warships to pirate the fishing on their coast and their plans eventual plans of world dominations .

If you like history , treasure and adventure this series is for you !

great review have to watch it.

We finished the series last night. I thought the motorized square riggers were a tad hokey and could have done without the social commentary. I like the history. Somehow the other female pirate, Mary Read, who was also pregnant but contracted a fever and died in prison, fell through the cracks in the floor boards.

We watched the complete series and really enjoyed it .

Was kicking back and relaxing had a cough and losing my voice so thought it would be a good day to start the series , while daughter and grand daughter wet out. Go to put it on Netflex to watch and found out i needed a code to get in. May be i will get to start it this weekend , usally have to compete with kid programs .:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom