any writers here?

Max houser

Writers, authors, ect...

I have led an interesting 55 year old life so far, I have many, many amazing or funny stories to tell...some stretched a bit, but all true;) I have been thinking lately about recording them somehow for my family to enjoy down the road.
here is my issue... while a great (or not so great) story teller, I cannot type too well and my grammer is horrible, sometimes dyslexic. I'm a two finger keyboardist who's arthritis is only getting worse...
is there a computer program I can talk into and have it put everything to words and correct my bad habits? thanks

I have dabbled in poetry, but that's about it. I have actually thought about writing a condensed biography, but it would be crazy! I fully intended to keep a journal while I spent a year in Iraq as an Army Medic, but it lasted about a week..... There are several voice to text apps out there. Here is a link to the top eight:
https://www.thebalancesmb.com/best-voice-to-text-apps-4583053
Fortunately I took typing back in high school (mid 70's), before there was such a thing as keyboarding. That said, I can hit 40 WPM on a good day!!

Haven't seen him in awhile..........
but he is perhaps the funniest and best, and every-ones favorite,
writer on the forum........ Muddpuppy

Last edited:
i have tried writing a western using language like they might have talked. Not proper English with a lot of 'ain'ts' and other things that probably wouldn't pass a publisher. I could probably break what I have so far into five or six books. I honestly doubt if I could write it again but I enjoy reading it again and making minor changes to it. I doubt it anything will ever come from it.

i have tried writing a western using language like they might have talked. Not proper English with a lot of 'ain'ts' and other things that probably wouldn't pass a publisher. I could probably break what I have so far into five or six books. I honestly doubt if I could write it again but I enjoy reading it again and making minor changes to it. I doubt it anything will ever come from it.

Study Louis LaMour and Zane Gray to learn to write Western Novels! KT has read every western written by LaMour and about half of Zane Gray's work. I liked LaMour's descriptions of the countryside in the American West, and the stories had enough action to keep my attention. Gray's works are a bit less descriptive of the terrain, but more involved in the human condition. Could have been set in New York, Chicago, or San Francisco...ie location not so important. Just a little bit more tedious to get through. Both were hailed as the greatest western writers of their day!

I have read hundreds of westerns including Zane Gray and LaMour. I don't really enjoy most of those by Zane Gray. Neither one of them are close to what I have written. I wrote most of it during free time while I was still working. My ex-boss couldn't wait to see what I had wrote that day. I haven't written much since I retired but I constantly go back and read it again sometime making minor changes. It's almost like someone else wrote it.

I have been a lyricist for about 40+ years... telling stories via music. some were actually foresight and fit a later issue.
I'm gonna try and start simple , a daily journal maybe, or as memories come.. lay it down... I don't know yet. this is my first attempt. I have Never read abook cover to cover, I am the guy who reads the first few pages and forgets what he reads... No reading comprehension.. If I watch a movie it's in ther forever, but I read something and it's gone before i turn the page..

Back
Top Bottom