• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Our Pond may soon be a skate Park!

medicchief

Forum Supporter
Apparently we're about to get blasted with an artic front! I took a pre-storm picture today and we'll see what it turns into next week. If it freezes over thick enough, I'm sure we'll have a few folks over!

Attachments

• IMG_1786.jpg
    IMG_1786.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 312
Yep the ice here is finally thick enough to go fishing on.

Ice here ya need an extension on your auger to get through it. We've had actual air temps past 40 below zero. This morning was 31 below. Where is global warming when ya need it:laughing:

Tell them it’s a grand formal affair and to where there most extravagant jewelry under their gloves.... :lol:

Stay warm!

Thanks GroundSweeper! The jewelry thing is funny, but I like it. The only thing I've found so far on our 12 acres is shot shells, but they're oldies!

Ice here ya need an extension on your auger to get through it. We've had actual air temps past 40 below zero. This morning was 31 below. Where is global warming when ya need it:laughing:
OOOOOOOOOO Yooper please keep that stuff up there. I'm no stranger to real bad cold, but the older I get, the less I like or can handle it. Man, dat dare be cold so's it is.:cold::cold::cold:

Any fish in there?

Yes, Bass and Bream. No catfish, I want to keep the water clean. I was fishing for bream with my ultra-light last Fall and caught a small one, when I was about to pull it out of the water a big bass took the bream and my Rebel Rattlin Cricket too! Popped my 4lb test like it was nothing...I was not happy! I've been catching and releasing the bass I catch, but I need to start eating some of them....getting a little too many. They'll average 4-6 pounds.

This will be our first major snowfall in over 800 days! The daily daytime and nighttime low temperature records will probably be broken......global warming my donkey!

It'll be interesting to see a picture from the same spot on Monday! Probably take some more pictures tomorrow, for a 48 hour comparison. We have a nice creek on the opposite end of the property, that should be really pretty if it freezes up.

OOOOOOOOOO Yooper please keep that stuff up there. I'm no stranger to real bad cold, but the older I get, the less I like or can handle it. Man, dat dare be cold so's it is.:cold::cold::cold:

This was a very mild winter until this big cold front. But it really has to go so i can play with my new toy for the big deep float. GPX 5000

Ouch! Been awhile since its been like that here.
Incredibly lucky so far this year with temps and snow.

Stay warm.

This will be our first major snowfall in over 800 days! The daily daytime and nighttime low temperature records will probably be broken......global warming my donkey!

If there is too much carbon dioxide in the atmosphere just plant more plants. Duh! Don't the scientists know this? Plants remove CO2 , just don't burn the forests.

Back
Top Bottom