• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Royal Dejection

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Today KT went to a local Chinese Buffet and had a wonderful lunch, trying many different dishes, all delicious. And conversation with a long time friend, who met His Majesty there.

Well, afterwards KT decided to swing by the Royal Pawn Shop and pick up a couple of more boxes of 00 buck...:shock::shock: The remaining 10 boxes were GONE! Vanished off the shelves forever!

So much for being a nice King! :foottap::foottap::sissyfight::pullhair::pullhair:

KT has come to the sad reality of the present situation. Oh well, having been a nice King is a thing of the pass...whenever KT sees ammo He is looking for, He will purchase what He needs, and if it leaves none on the shelves for anyone else, tough! They can be the ones upset, not KT because He will be sitting on his Royal Ammo Hoard.

However, one good thing of all this...the Royal Friend mentioned that her father had more ammo than he could ever use and might be willing to sell me some!

KT has been looking for more .410 shells, 20 gauge #4 shot, additional .380 pistol rounds, and more 12 gauge 00 buck, and some 12 gauge #4 shot, a bit more .38 special. Have plenty of .357 and .38, .22lr, 12 gauge bird shot, .45 acp, etc.

More on this situation as it develops!

On a separate note, KT just got the fog lamps replaced on the Royal Chariot and let me tell you, at night, it is like having two mini-suns shining out from the front of the Chariot when KT turns them on! Can hardly tell the headlights are on, on low beam.

You know the old saying... "Nice kings finish last!"

Good to see you change your strategy. You'll be happier and no one else will be the wiser (unless pawn shop peep rats you out).

You know the old saying... "Nice kings finish last!"

Good to see you change your strategy. You'll be happier and no one else will be the wiser (unless pawn shop peep rats you out).

:laughing::laughing: Well, if KT finds and buys a motherload of what He is searching for...it will get listed on the md forum so you all will know! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Good luck obtaining more from your friend’s pop and BP! I thought I was sitting pretty on the ammo until I bought a 22mag revolver :lol: that’s the only cal I don’t have a substantial hoard of! So I’m on the lookout for 22wmr! I’m very glad I stacked ammo over the past few years.

fog lights

Today KT went to a local Chinese Buffet and had a wonderful lunch, trying many different dishes, all delicious. And conversation with a long time friend, who met His Majesty there.

Well, afterwards KT decided to swing by the Royal Pawn Shop and pick up a couple of more boxes of 00 buck...:shock::shock: The remaining 10 boxes were GONE! Vanished off the shelves forever!

So much for being a nice King! :foottap::foottap::sissyfight::pullhair::pullhair:

KT has come to the sad reality of the present situation. Oh well, having been a nice King is a thing of the pass...whenever KT sees ammo He is looking for, He will purchase what He needs, and if it leaves none on the shelves for anyone else, tough! They can be the ones upset, not KT because He will be sitting on his Royal Ammo Hoard.

However, one good thing of all this...the Royal Friend mentioned that her father had more ammo than he could ever use and might be willing to sell me some!

KT has been looking for more .410 shells, 20 gauge #4 shot, additional .380 pistol rounds, and more 12 gauge 00 buck, and some 12 gauge #4 shot, a bit more .38 special. Have plenty of .357 and .38, .22lr, 12 gauge bird shot, .45 acp, etc.

On a separate note, KT just got the fog lamps replaced on the Royal Chariot and let me tell you, at night, it is like having two mini-suns shining out from the front of the Chariot when KT turns them on! Can hardly tell the headlights are on, on low beam.
I drive a older truck (1989 Toyota pickup, used to be my dad's has a little over 200,000 miles on it ) The original lights from then just aren't as bright as modern car and truck lights. I had a light bar for fog attached to the front bumper really light up the road , wish i would of added it years ago , also got the front and side windows tinted what a improvement that makes.

Well, Bass Pro had nothing...in fact not even an aisle for ammo now! That is ridiculous! Saw a guy there buying a 9 mm semi-auto, and thought to myself, now you get to hunt....for ammo!:laughing::laughing:

Anyway, as KT headed south towards Benton, He decided to stop in at the local High Priced Gun Shop on I-30. They had some 12 gauge and after some looking around I found a few boxes of 2 3/4" slugs, and found out why they had em....limit 2 boxes of any one gauge! So KT picked up His Royal Limit, paid and was out the door, glad to find them. Pictured below. Did find some boxes of 12 gauge tapered rifled slugs, but at twice the price, KT stuck with the old tried and true. At a distance of 20 yards or less, the typical home defense distance, rifling won't make any difference! :lol::lol:

Drove on down to Benton, ate Mexican food for lunch and watched a soccer game while eating and back to the Castle. Now to see that the firewood is properly arranged for next week as the arctic blast is supposed to be coming through on Wednesday! BRRRR!

Attachments

• 12 gauge slugs 02 06 21.jpg
    12 gauge slugs 02 06 21.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 217
I drive a older truck (1989 Toyota pickup, used to be my dad's has a little over 200,000 miles on it ) The original lights from then just aren't as bright as modern car and truck lights. I had a light bar for fog attached to the front bumper really light up the road , wish i would of added it years ago , also got the front and side windows tinted what a improvement that makes.

KT had already replaced the headlight assemblies a couple of years back on the 2006 Chariot due to severe frosting of the plastic lens coverings. KT's Chariot now has 205K miles on it. Just gonna wait until the original paint finally looks crappy and then spend about $40 in rattle can camo paint and fix it up nice! :lol::lol: When KT bought this Chariot, it already had tinted windows and a tondeux cover, but KT could not carry much in the small bed, so He opted for a camper cap instead.

I was in Cabelas in Fort Mill Sc last week and i could not even find a display of Any Ammo Of any kind. Manufacturers claim they are running at max capacity but people are purchasing as fast as it hits the stores.

I may have to take up reloading again.

I was in Cabelas in Fort Mill Sc last week and i could not even find a display of Any Ammo Of any kind. Manufacturers claim they are running at max capacity but people are purchasing as fast as it hits the stores.

I may have to take up reloading again.

Good luck on the reloading, georgeinsc! KT has heard primers of all types are way to expensive and nearly as rare as hen's teeth! KT reloaded for a few winters so He has enough in reserve of some calibers but not of others. Still plenty of some 12 gauge shot shells around here, and although KT has a couple of shotguns that can take 3" shells, He prefers all 2 3/4" shells so no matter what His Royal Guards grab, they have shootable ammo!

So you are the guy causing the ammo shortage. I know you are intelligent enough to see your actions, along with others like you, are why all those with personal protection and hunting guns are not able to enjoy the sport and protect their family.

Neat.

So you are the guy causing the ammo shortage. I know you are intelligent enough to see your actions, along with others like you, are why all those with personal protection and hunting guns are not able to enjoy the sport and protect their family.

Neat.

Hmmmm. Have you been noting the quantity KT has been purchasing? One box here and 2 boxes there? And not buying...9 mm, .45acp, 38 special+p, or any rifle rounds? Sorry, but your assumption is incorrect. Those causing the shortage are more likely the 1 million or so new gun owners that purchased in 2020, and are now trying to get ammo to learn how to shoot.

So, don't go blaming His Majesty for this problem. He sees the same shortage and high prices as anyone else! If you have watched any of the manufacturers videos in the past 6 months you will find out that presently demand overrides production capacity. Someone up the line in the food chain is definitely hoarding, like when the Hunt Brothers tried to corner the silver market a few years ago. For awhile it caused a significant rise in the price of silver!

:laughing::laughing: Due to the two box limit at the local over priced gun store, today KT found they still had plenty of boxes of 12 gauge slugs, so KT got two and commented to the salesman....I bet you would have already been out of these, but for your 2 box limit...answering he said, yes, in fact today a customer bought two and complained as to why he could not buy all of them! Ha ha, KT told the salesman, well, I would not have been able to get any if that happened. He said, so folks just don't understand how to be nice to others in this situation.

KT smiled as He went out the door with His Designated 2-box limit! :lol::lol:

Good luck on the reloading, georgeinsc! KT has heard primers of all types are way to expensive and nearly as rare as hen's teeth! KT reloaded for a few winters so He has enough in reserve of some calibers but not of others. Still plenty of some 12 gauge shot shells around here, and although KT has a couple of shotguns that can take 3" shells, He prefers all 2 3/4" shells so no matter what His Royal Guards grab, they have shootable ammo!

KT i have a hall closet full of stuff. Primers, Powder, bullets etc. Havent done any reloading to speak of since my friend passed away a number of years back. . He and i would spend an entire day at an outdoor range shooting anything and everything. Going shooting by ones self is not nearly as much fun.

We would buy black powder a case at a time. Split the case and the cost and make a lot of smoke. We would make trips up north to hunt groundhogs with small caliber muzzle loaders. Getting within 30 yards of one of those creatures took some stalking skills.

When he passed away his son gave me two of his smoke poles. Both flintlock. I can not shoot them worth a dang as the flash in the pan makes me duck.

The problem with getting old is that a lot of your friends do accompany you in that process.

:laughing::laughing:, if ya need a whipping boy, guess Old KT be yer boy!:laughing::laughing: Folks always need someone to blame their problems on!

See His Majesty's answer to JAY-in-PA above, MuddyMo.

Your words, not mine.

KT i have a hall closet full of stuff. Primers, Powder, bullets etc. Havent done any reloading to speak of since my friend passed away a number of years back. . He and i would spend an entire day at an outdoor range shooting anything and everything. Going shooting by ones self is not nearly as much fun.

We would buy black powder a case at a time. Split the case and the cost and make a lot of smoke. We would make trips up north to hunt groundhogs with small caliber muzzle loaders. Getting within 30 yards of one of those creatures took some stalking skills.

When he passed away his son gave me two of his smoke poles. Both flintlock. I can not shoot them worth a dang as the flash in the pan makes me duck.

The problem with getting old is that a lot of your friends do accompany you in that process.

Welp, KT fully understands your situation and is sympathetic for you, georgeinsc.

Many of KT's good friends were older than His Majesty, and nearly all have moved on to their final rewards. Those that have survived are mostly in nursing homes now...its a very frustrating situation. KT has made new younger friends, but due to their younger age, 20-30 years younger, they tend to either view KT as either a wise olde Sage or an olde guy pretty much out of touch with the world! :laughing::laughing: KT would just rather be viewed as a regular friend.

And unfortunately a lot of friends pass away along that journey if you are lucky enough to live a long time. KT remembers his Father, who lived to be 81. For years, he had a private real estate office in Hot Springs, AR. And every morning he would make a beeline from home to visit with his old cronies and friends at Frankie's Cafeteria in the downtown district, to visit and drink coffee. KT does not have that as the distance from the Castle to anywhere is significant and from his work days, his retired co-workers are either dead or essentially home bound.
Oh, well, His Majesty cannot wallow around in a pity party! Just have to flow with the times and remember: It is GOOD to be KING! :kingdances::kingdances::toofunny::heartylaugh:

Welp, KT fully understands your situation and is sympathetic for you, georgeinsc.

Many of KT's good friends were older than His Majesty, and nearly all have moved on to their final rewards. Those that have survived are mostly in nursing homes now...its a very frustrating situation. KT has made new younger friends, but due to their younger age, 20-30 years younger, they tend to either view KT as either a wise olde Sage or an olde guy pretty much out of touch with the world! :laughing::laughing: KT would just rather be viewed as a regular friend.

And unfortunately a lot of friends pass away along that journey if you are lucky enough to live a long time. KT remembers his Father, who lived to be 81. For years, he had a private real estate office in Hot Springs, AR. And every morning he would make a beeline from home to visit with his old cronies and friends at Frankie's Cafeteria in the downtown district, to visit and drink coffee. KT does not have that as the distance from the Castle to anywhere is significant and from his work days, his retired co-workers are either dead or essentially home bound.
Oh, well, His Majesty cannot wallow around in a pity party! Just have to flow with the times and remember: It is GOOD to be KING! :kingdances::kingdances::toofunny::heartylaugh:

KT I am just on the southside of 50 but I consider you a good friend! Enjoy your pursuits of silver and slugs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom