• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Ammo shortage

Bill_Ace_350

Elite Member
Good thing i have a decent supply of hunting and plinking rounds.

Almost none to be found around here.

How is the situation elsewhere?

Our local shops always have ammo, although much of it is not range ammo but the better hollow points and such; good prices still. But the big box guys can't keep it in stock. The online sources like the state gun forum and Armslist always have ammo too.

It's pretty much like that everywhere. Hope you can load your own. But primers are also about impossible to find, so you're out of luck if you don't already have some.

Same here, hard to come buy, thankfully I piled high and deep before my state prohibited mail ordering ammo and before they started background checks to purchase ammo. And before prices turned insane. So much for “shall not be infringed”...but no shocker for CA.

All popular calibers of rifle and pistol is virtually non existent in my area. Even shot shells are extremely short supply. The manufacturers are running as hard as they can and with lead having to be imported, the Virus and the demand being higher than ever ammo will continue to be purchased as fast as it hits the stores. I have had to tell my son and grandsons that Grandpa no longer has sufficient ammo for them to go to the range and shoot up two or three bricks of 22.

I was able to hoard a little a couple months ago (SoCal). Happened to stop by the ammo store just after a delivery in August that they ordered in February. Unreal. Priced out the ying-yang too. But I thought I'd better get it while the goings good.

You all must be prepared to do a lot of hunting or target shooting!

I have 1700 rounds of .22lr, several boxes of 12 and 20 gauge shells.
Lots of squirrels, rabbits and deer here.

Same here, hard to come buy, thankfully I piled high and deep before my state prohibited mail ordering ammo and before they started background checks to purchase ammo. And before prices turned insane. So much for “shall not be infringed”...but no shocker for CA.

Smart move . As I see it , it wont belong before you have to have a back round check just to buy toilet paper here in California .

KT echos the same as the other forum members in this thread...can find reasonable volumes of 12 gauge and sometimes .22LR, but other shot shells or pistol/rifle rounds...fergit it! And no 00 buck or slugs!

Better buy a cross bow and some bolts....your apt to need it! KT does have a good quality parang so at the least he can stock up the Castle with some sharp sticks! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom