Covid dilemma?

Country Dirt Kid

Elite Member
If I get tested and comeback positive then my kids have to stay home from school for 14 days. If I wait for them to start showing symptoms to have them tested by that time I will be over it and test negative. I will have to stay home from work for 14 days even though I probably already had it. Its strange to catch myself thinking, "I hope we all test positive for this deadly pandemic at the same time so we can go back to work and school sooner."

Good Luck - I just had a cousin die of Covid, he was 74 with some health issues. My older brother (72) got it a couple weeks ago, but didn't have serious symptoms. He had the loss of smell and taste, a slight fever, and cough. He also has a couple issues which make him high risk, but I guess he was lucky. My wife is a nurse, she gets the vaccine tomorrow.

I guess I’ll take the family in to get tested. I’ve had a cold for the last few days and my beer taste like seltzer water. If this is it then I can say that my seasonal allergies are much worse.

It’s strange how this virus effects everyone differently. I tested positive on December 11th. It started as minor cold symptoms then progressed to being pretty awful about 6 days in. Then I started feeling better on about the 9th day. Got retested on the 12th day and tested negative. So I was thinking all is good. I go to my doctor today and she does some chest X-rays. She told me that I have pneumonia and could still be contagious, so back to quarantine I go. Lovely.

I hope you guys test negative and avoid it altogether. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone needs to be tested 365 times a year forever.
If you have the common flu you test positive.
Have you noticed the flu count is down.
And you wonder why we are being locked down it’s because know one gets the flu anymore.

Thanks for the support. Well I tested positive but the testing facility won't test my kids because they don't have symptoms. I feel relieved that I tested positive because in a few days I will be a free man able to go where I want and do what I please. No more fear!

Thanks for the support. Well I tested positive but the testing facility won't test my kids because they don't have symptoms. I feel relieved that I tested positive because in a few days I will be a free man able to go where I want and do what I please. No more fear!

Hope you have a very mild case of it. Stay hydrated. Good luck.

And you wonder why we are being locked down it’s because know one gets the flu anymore.

Having the Flu won't make you test positive for Covid. Flu cases are down because of the social distancing measures everyone is taking during the pandemic. IMHO, anyone who thinks this is all a big hoax is kidding themselves.

The Flu count is down because of mask wearing...

My dilemma is getting covid or possibly bels palsy for the rest of my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Flu count is down because of mask wearing...

Many areas are seeing increasing(all time highs) spread of Covid, while Influenza counts are way, way, way down in the same area. This is occurring with mask mandates in place. The masks are almost entirely stopping Influenza, but are performing poorly at reducing the spread of Covid. :?:

Private and Public sector entities/agencies taking advantage of Federal grant money, doesn't mean that Covid isn't a dangerous virus to at-risk individuals. They are not mutually exclusive.

As a former Federal government employee and retired Local government employee - from a Local government that operates a large General Hospital - who spent a dozen years publicly fighting a wide variety of taxpayer abuse by these same entities, I can say the following with an extreme amount of certainty. If you were to incentivize Influenza reporting, with Federal grant dollars, there would be an immediate spike in cases reported.

Welcome to the 21st Century.:gettinmoney:

Many areas are seeing increasing(all time highs) spread of Covid, while Influenza counts are way, way, way down in the same area. This is occurring with mask mandates in place. The masks are almost entirely stopping Influenza, but are performing poorly at reducing the spread of Covid. :?:

Private and Public sector entities/agencies taking advantage of Federal grant money, doesn't mean that Covid isn't a dangerous virus to at-risk individuals. They are not mutually exclusive.

As a former Federal government employee and retired Local government employee - from a Local government that operates a large General Hospital - who spent a dozen years publicly fighting a wide variety of taxpayer abuse by these same entities, I can say the following with an extreme amount of certainty. If you were to incentivize Influenza reporting, with Federal grant dollars, there would be an immediate spike in cases reported.

That is true but when one wears a mask it should be worn over the the nose not under it like many I see.. they should wear safety glasses the virus can infect through the eyes... Just today I saw a UPS driver in a drug store I was shopping without a mask on obviously he doesn't care about anyone but himself... isn't the first time I have seen that..

Many of the masks people are wearing are not medical grade masks... neck gators, bandanas will not stop the spread of the virus... these homemade masks are better than nothing but should have a filter in them as well and worn properly. The need to fit the face... most I see on people are loose fitting with gaps.. no wonder people are getting sick...

That is true but when one wears a mask it should be worn over the the nose not under it like many I see.. they should wear safety glasses the virus can infect through the eyes... Just today I saw a UPS driver in a drug store I was shopping without a mask on obviously he doesn't care about anyone but himself... isn't the first time I have seen that..

Many of the masks people are wearing are not medical grade masks... neck gators, bandanas will not stop the spread of the virus... these homemade masks are better than nothing but should have a filter in them as well and worn properly. The need to fit the face... most I see on people are loose fitting with gaps.. no wonder people are getting sick...

All those variables would effect both viruses equally and offers no explanation for the discrepancy in the numbers.

As long as the incentive money is awarded for "Covid-like symptoms", we will never know the true numbers.

Also, your "medical grade masks" are marginally effective, even when worn properly. Google what a virologist looks like while working.

What we are dealing with is a very nasty respiratory bug and it will wreak havoc on those individuals who are more susceptible to respiratory illnesses. I believe the last reliable CDC numbers put the percentage of Covid deaths that were attributed to obesity and/or obesity related preexisting conditions at 94%. 50 years ago we wouldn't be having a pandemic.

The wifey is a retired microbiologist, so she's very familiar with the smallest of things.

Exactly. From what I see, it looks like the influenza counts are down because there has been no hype over getting a flu test like there has been for a rona test. And many people are refusing to seek treatment for many ailments until they become very serious.

It's becoming clear that the masks do little to nothing. The CDC quietly walked back its mask wearing guidance and is now saying that anyone who has had close contact with an infected person for more than a few minutes should quarantine, regardless of what kind of mask they were or were not wearing.

People are so quick to follow what the lame stream media tells them, its sad and pathetic. If the media told them to jam a finger up there butt and cluck like a chicken, a lot of people would follow suit.

FEAR - False Evidence Appearing Real

Grow some balls people, start acting like Americans.

I believe the last reliable CDC numbers put the percentage of Covid deaths that were attributed to obesity and/or obesity related preexisting conditions at 94%. 50 years ago we wouldn't be having a pandemic.

I was thinking a lot along the same lines and am beginning to believe a mask mandate should be in place for anyone over a certain BMI. It should remain in place until they get under that BMI with maybe a hole large enough to eat meals through a straw and prevent cheese burgers and other food that lead to heart disease. Covid should be mostly behind us in another year or 2 but heart disease will go on killing millions more then Covid ever will. Time to ban McDonalds.

^^^ 😄😄😄 Sooo politicly incorrect, love it. No one can say wearing a mask is the reason there's less flus being reported when there's less socializing going on and finally more people are paying attention to the spread of germs etc. There are many legitimate studies showing the ineffectiveness of mask wearing. Are they helpful, probably a little bit not much if any compared with people doing the right thing as far as staying apart when sick, covering there mouth when coughing, washing hands etc.

Back
Top Bottom