• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Visiting American Filipino family accepts KT's invitation!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
KT had gotten word of a Family of Filipino silver coinage, 80%ers, in the Royal Realm, so His Majesty extended an invitation to them to visit and have a Royal Dinner with the Royal Family. They were so taken by the Castle and the Royal Hospitality they were anxious to spend more time within the Castle's Walls. So KT asked them if they would like to stay permanently.....to which KT heard a resounding YES! :laughing::laughing:

They allowed the Royal Photographer to take their pictures and have now settled in for good..There is the head of the household at 50 centavos, then a 20 and 10 centavo each, and a non-silver 5 centavo, equivalent of our nickel in size. The dates are 1945 for the 50 centavo and 1944 for the other 3 members of the family. They will be kept together and are in very fine condtion!

Enjoy both the obverse and reverse images!

Attachments

• Not CRH 07 10 2020 USA Philipines coin family obverse.jpg
    Not CRH 07 10 2020 USA Philipines coin family obverse.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 184
  • Not CRH 07 10 2020 USA Philipines coin family reverse.jpg
    Not CRH 07 10 2020 USA Philipines coin family reverse.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 190
Philippines/American coins

KT had gotten word of a Family of Filipino silver coinage, 80%ers, in the Royal Realm, so His Majesty extended an invitation to them to visit and have a Royal Dinner with the Royal Family. They were so taken by the Castle and the Royal Hospitality they were anxious to spend more time within the Castle's Walls. So KT asked them if they would like to stay permanently.....to which KT heard a resounding YES! :laughing::laughing:

They allowed the Royal Photographer to take their pictures and have now settled in for good..There is the head of the household at 50 centavos, then a 20 and 10 centavo each, and a non-silver 5 centavo, equivalent of our nickel in size. The dates are 1945 for the 50 centavo and 1944 for the other 3 members of the family. They will be kept together and are in very fine condtion!

Enjoy both the obverse and reverse images!
If you like them check out the 1903-1906 Philippines peso stamped on the same blank as the Morgan dollar , the 1907-1912 are a little smaller but still good size. I collect Philippines coins and have a pretty good size collection. I started a thread here on the Mint in the Philippines that started producing in 1920 and was destroyed in the retaking of Manila during World War 2. http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=254152 a good source of information on them is this site.https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces4712.html

Last edited:
If you like them check out the 1903-1906 Philippines peso stamped on the same blank as the Morgan dollar , the 1907-1912 are a little smaller but still good size. I collect Philippines coins and have a pretty good size collection. I started a thread here on the Mint in the Philippines that started producing in 1920 and was destroyed in the retaking of Manila during World War 2. http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=254152 a good source of information on them is this site.https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces4712.html

KT is going to have to see if He can locate one of those 1 Peso largees to add to the Royal Stash! Royal Thanks, davidhyde6336;3239883!
And KT will enjoy reading more about them, so thanks for the links!

Large Philippine/American Peso

KT is going to have to see if He can locate one of those 1 Peso largees to add to the Royal Stash! Royal Thanks, davidhyde6336;3239883!
And KT will enjoy reading more about them, so thanks for the links!

Very beautiful coin , there are lots of them on E-bay just type in Philippines coins . You can still pick them up pretty cheep as well as the 50 centavo and lower denomination coins. I usally shop the auctions and have picked up some great deals some near uncirculated . Be sure to shop around and don't over pay. If you have any questions on Philippines coins just send me a message and I will try to answer it. I have a collection ranging from Spanish rule to American rule , to current times. There are a lot of rip offs on E-bay asking sky-high prices looking for a sucker to over pay not knowing the true value. You should be able to pick up a nice coin more common date like1907, 1908, and1909 for a little under $20.00 , I have seen many go for way less on their auction. You can often find some at coin shows in their foreign coins as well.

Last edited:
Philippines /American coins

Royal thanks, zeemang. KT does too! Always like seeing a Lady Liberty, but seeing one wielding a hammer of Justice, reminds KT of some ancient Roman coin symbolic designs. We have sure had some great designers down through the years at the US Mint!

A good article on the coinage and explains the design https://coinweek.com/dealers-companies/wings-company/philippine-coinage-u-s-administration/ the volcano on the coin is the same one that erupted a few years back.

Back
Top Bottom