• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Surgery Done so Here I Come

GLASSHOPPER1955

Elite Member
Well, just got out of Indiana University Hospital from my 6th (and hopefully final) Intestinal surgery. I look like the lace part of a football and man, is it sore. I don't anticipate any more of these and after a nice long recuperation and healing, I should be ready to get out there swingin' and diggin' for old glass. 2 and a half years of this is enough and I am ready to Rock and Roll! :digginahole::detector:

Last edited:
Glad everything went okay, now just be careful to heal completely first, don't rush things and hurt yourself !

There'll still be old glass waiting for when after you recover !

Hopefully you are finished with surgeries! Glad detecting is in your near future. Don’t rush it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great! Wonderful news old Pal! I bet it hurts when you laugh? Better steer clear of Garys photoshopping on Kens posts! Some of them are pretty painful to look at even without surgery! :laughing:

I have heard that of the tactics for recovery that does not work they say that alcohol seems to be the most popular.:shock:

Sounds like the worst of it is over. Prayers the recovery is fast and easy.

Glad everything went okay, now just be careful to heal completely first, don't rush things and hurt yourself !

There'll still be old glass waiting for when after you recover !

Thanks Gary. You bet I will go slow and let healing happen. I didn't a couple of times and it recurred. BTW your funny photoshops on this forum really brightened some of my dark days when I was hurting. Things are coming along fine now.:yes:

Great! Wonderful news old Pal! I bet it hurts when you laugh? Better steer clear of Garys photoshopping on Kens posts! Some of them are pretty painful to look at even without surgery! :laughing:

Thanks Gary. You bet I will go slow and let healing happen. I didn't a couple of times and it recurred. BTW your funny photoshops on this forum really brightened some of my dark days when I was hurting. Things are coming along fine now.:yes:

I'm at the point now that I'm ok to laugh at those funnies of his because he sure cracks me up with 'em.

......yeah, don't laugh so hard you'll hurt yourself :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Glad they could give you a laugh, while I have done many on some of Ken's threads, they do show up on other threads occasionally too, so no one is safe :lol:

Over 25 knee surgeries here. With time it just becomes a memory that fades away. Congrats for getting thru it all !

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Question: My midline scar is 7.25 " long and is closed by 22 metal staples (which ache constantly). It is starting to get red by each staple. My questions are twofold: 1) Is that redness normal? They are to come out March 8th. 2) I know they will use some kind of plier tool that bends the staple and straightens the ends so they come out easier. How much pain should I expect when they remove these? Should I load up on painkillers before they remove them? The doctor/surgeon said I should do a lot of walking and moving around, but not to lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk. I did finally get out a little in the beach trails today since it was 63 degrees in February I did manage to spy the Old Colony "steinie" bottle lying in the weeds dated 1938. So it was a good day today.

Attachments

• SS854938.jpg
    SS854938.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 42
Back
Top Bottom