Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Family Friendly Topics

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 08-05-2017, 03:22 PM
GKL's Avatar
GKL GKL is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Winnsboro, South Carolina
Posts: 7,766
Default

Originally Posted by thefinder View post
Gary,I'm driving a 140 hp John Deere with a 21 ft. mower,animals totally ignore me.
.....I guess they feel less threatened by a large slow moving vehicle than if they seen an actual person standing there

__________________
Gary
Minelab Equinox 800, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Lesche hand digger, Sampson 31" T-Handle Shovel, Cen-Tech Pinpointer
hobbies: astronomy, rockhounding, fluorescent minerals and UV lights, green screening
John 3:5__Acts 2:38__Acts 19:1-7
Navy Vet

Reply With Quote


  #102  
Old 08-05-2017, 04:03 PM
thefinder's Avatar
thefinder thefinder is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 137
Default

Originally Posted by GKL View post
.....I guess they feel less threatened by a large slow moving vehicle than if they seen an actual person standing there
Exactly,I don't trigger 'Fight or Flight' in them.

__________________
Ever wonder where your thoughts come from?

Reply With Quote


  #103  
Old 08-05-2017, 11:23 PM
JPTX's Avatar
JPTX JPTX is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Uvalde, TX
Posts: 16
Default

Originally Posted by thefinder View post
JPTX,or is it lone star..sorry,couldn't help myself.

What do you use for a body and glass??

GOD Bless

Chris
Sorry Chris, Just saw this and I'm not getting email notifications. I use a 7DMk2 and several lenses. 400 5.6L, 70-200 2.8L, 24-70 2.8L, 1022mm
God bless you too sir..

__________________
www.flickr.com/centavo

Reply With Quote


  #104  
Old 09-03-2017, 07:04 PM
thefinder's Avatar
thefinder thefinder is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 137
Default

Here's a few more from the turf farm I mow,it's called the Meadows and it is a wildlife sanctuary as far as I'm concerned..wild life city.

GOD Bless

Chris
Attached Images
     

__________________
Ever wonder where your thoughts come from?

Reply With Quote


  #105  
Old 09-06-2017, 05:46 PM
~Alan~'s Avatar
~Alan~ ~Alan~ is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: S.E.England
Posts: 4,882
Default

I wonder if anyone here has bought the new Tamron 18-400mm yet ?
If all of the reviews are to be believed, it's a very good lens.

__________________
Tecknetiks T2 with 13" Detech Ultimate coil.
Nikon Z7ii Mirrorless Camera

Reply With Quote


  #106  
Old 09-09-2017, 06:32 PM
thefinder's Avatar
thefinder thefinder is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 137
Default

Originally Posted by JPTX View post
Sorry Chris, Just saw this and I'm not getting email notifications. I use a 7DMk2 and several lenses. 400 5.6L, 70-200 2.8L, 24-70 2.8L, 1022mm
God bless you too sir..

I checked out your flickr..Very NICE photographs!

__________________
Ever wonder where your thoughts come from?

Reply With Quote


  #107  
Old 09-09-2017, 06:43 PM
thefinder's Avatar
thefinder thefinder is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 137
Default

More coyotes mowing..

GOD Bless

Chris
Attached Images
   

__________________
Ever wonder where your thoughts come from?

Reply With Quote


  #108  
Old 09-10-2017, 03:07 AM
~Alan~'s Avatar
~Alan~ ~Alan~ is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: S.E.England
Posts: 4,882
Default

Lovely photos Chris. they "look" more friendly than some of the dogs that
people keep as pets. Your Eagle picture is beautiful.

__________________
Tecknetiks T2 with 13" Detech Ultimate coil.
Nikon Z7ii Mirrorless Camera

Reply With Quote


  #109  
Old 09-10-2017, 08:09 AM
thefinder's Avatar
thefinder thefinder is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 137
Default

Originally Posted by ~Alan~ View post
Lovely photos Chris. they "look" more friendly than some of the dogs that
people keep as pets. Your Eagle picture is beautiful.
Every once in awhile auto focus is dead on(eagle).

__________________
Ever wonder where your thoughts come from?

Reply With Quote


  #110  
Old 09-10-2017, 08:55 AM
Sven's Avatar
Sven Sven is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 703
Default

Air Show yesterday, radio control.
Just previewed my post and the pictures have been compressed a bit by the forum. They actually are clearer when looking at them non compressed.
Attached Images
    

__________________
Putting fun back into Treasure Hunting.
Cruz'in with the Nokta/Makro Simplex for 2020.

Metal Detector Downloads, Catalogs, Tips and How-to's visit----- http://treasurelinx.com/

Reply With Quote


  #111  
Old 09-10-2017, 12:10 PM
Camp68 Camp68 is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Copperopolis Ca
Posts: 164
Default

Beautiful photos. Thank you!!
Reply With Quote


  #112  
Old 09-10-2017, 12:45 PM
~Alan~'s Avatar
~Alan~ ~Alan~ is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: S.E.England
Posts: 4,882
Default

Nice photos, some lovely models there

__________________
Tecknetiks T2 with 13" Detech Ultimate coil.
Nikon Z7ii Mirrorless Camera

Reply With Quote


  #113  
Old 09-10-2017, 03:46 PM
GKL's Avatar
GKL GKL is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Winnsboro, South Carolina
Posts: 7,766
Default

Originally Posted by thefinder View post
More coyotes mowing..

GOD Bless

Chris
Neat pics, do the coyotes cause any problems ?

I would imagine you wouldn't want to leave any pets outside unless you were with them.

I'm fairly sure I saw a couple coyotes in our yard within the past year but they were not close enough to get a really good look.

A couple nights ago we heard what I am fairly sure were coyotes howling. We have a lot of deer that go thru our yard, I wonder if that attracts coyotes ?

__________________
Gary
Minelab Equinox 800, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Lesche hand digger, Sampson 31" T-Handle Shovel, Cen-Tech Pinpointer
hobbies: astronomy, rockhounding, fluorescent minerals and UV lights, green screening
John 3:5__Acts 2:38__Acts 19:1-7
Navy Vet

Reply With Quote


  #114  
Old 09-10-2017, 03:50 PM
GKL's Avatar
GKL GKL is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Winnsboro, South Carolina
Posts: 7,766
Talking

Originally Posted by Sven View post
Air Show yesterday, radio control.
Just previewed my post and the pictures have been compressed a bit by the forum. They actually are clearer when looking at them non compressed.
Nice pics ! I used to work on the old F4 Phantom jets back in the early 1970's.

Many of us kids never grow up, our toys just get larger and more expensive

__________________
Gary
Minelab Equinox 800, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Lesche hand digger, Sampson 31" T-Handle Shovel, Cen-Tech Pinpointer
hobbies: astronomy, rockhounding, fluorescent minerals and UV lights, green screening
John 3:5__Acts 2:38__Acts 19:1-7
Navy Vet

Reply With Quote


  #115  
Old 09-11-2017, 08:03 AM
thefinder's Avatar
thefinder thefinder is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 137
Default

Originally Posted by GKL View post
Neat pics, do the coyotes cause any problems ?

I would imagine you wouldn't want to leave any pets outside unless you were with them.

I'm fairly sure I saw a couple coyotes in our yard within the past year but they were not close enough to get a really good look.

A couple nights ago we heard what I am fairly sure were coyotes howling. We have a lot of deer that go thru our yard, I wonder if that attracts coyotes ?
No problems down the Meadows with them they do a good job of cleaning up ANYTHING they see as food.

They even kindly leave a pile of poop marking their territory.

__________________
Ever wonder where your thoughts come from?

Reply With Quote


  #116  
Old 09-11-2017, 08:16 AM
~Alan~'s Avatar
~Alan~ ~Alan~ is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: S.E.England
Posts: 4,882
Default

Originally Posted by GKL View post
Nice pics ! I used to work on the old F4 Phantom jets back in the early 1970's.

Many of us kids never grow up, our toys just get larger and more expensive
Turkish F4's are scheduled to remain in service till 2020. I'm not sure if the Greeks still have any ?
You see the smoke before you see the aircraft

__________________
Tecknetiks T2 with 13" Detech Ultimate coil.
Nikon Z7ii Mirrorless Camera

Reply With Quote


  #117  
Old 09-11-2017, 11:33 AM
GKL's Avatar
GKL GKL is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Winnsboro, South Carolina
Posts: 7,766
Talking

Originally Posted by thefinder View post
No problems down the Meadows with them they do a good job of cleaning up ANYTHING they see as food.

They even kindly leave a pile of poop marking their territory.


Living next to woods out back I thought about maybe later on finding an inexpensive trail camera with night vision that automatically takes pics when it detects motion, it would be interesting to see all what creatures roam thru my yard at night while I'm sleeping

__________________
Gary
Minelab Equinox 800, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Lesche hand digger, Sampson 31" T-Handle Shovel, Cen-Tech Pinpointer
hobbies: astronomy, rockhounding, fluorescent minerals and UV lights, green screening
John 3:5__Acts 2:38__Acts 19:1-7
Navy Vet

Reply With Quote


  #118  
Old 09-11-2017, 11:39 AM
GKL's Avatar
GKL GKL is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Winnsboro, South Carolina
Posts: 7,766
Default

Originally Posted by ~Alan~ View post
Turkish F4's are scheduled to remain in service till 2020. I'm not sure if the Greeks still have any ?
You see the smoke before you see the aircraft
Wow, considering they first entered service in 1960 that is some longevity for a model of aircraft.

This link includes info about the various countries that have used the F4 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonn...F-4_Phantom_II

__________________
Gary
Minelab Equinox 800, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Lesche hand digger, Sampson 31" T-Handle Shovel, Cen-Tech Pinpointer
hobbies: astronomy, rockhounding, fluorescent minerals and UV lights, green screening
John 3:5__Acts 2:38__Acts 19:1-7
Navy Vet

Reply With Quote


  #119  
Old 09-12-2017, 06:22 AM
~Alan~'s Avatar
~Alan~ ~Alan~ is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: S.E.England
Posts: 4,882
Default

Originally Posted by GKL View post


Living next to woods out back I thought about maybe later on finding an inexpensive trail camera with night vision that automatically takes pics when it detects motion, it would be interesting to see all what creatures roam thru my yard at night while I'm sleeping
I bought a couple of Acorn trail cams and they seem to work very well, either on AA batteries or plug-in power supply (not included).

I may have already posted this ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDeubUqzYl4

__________________
Tecknetiks T2 with 13" Detech Ultimate coil.
Nikon Z7ii Mirrorless Camera

Reply With Quote


  #120  
Old 09-12-2017, 07:29 AM
thefinder's Avatar
thefinder thefinder is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 137
Default

Originally Posted by Sven View post
Air Show yesterday, radio control.
Just previewed my post and the pictures have been compressed a bit by the forum. They actually are clearer when looking at them non compressed.
Those air shots look real.

__________________
Ever wonder where your thoughts come from?

Reply With Quote


Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.