RIP Keith Emerson

CTCurt

Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Just found out yesterday he had passed. Was a fan back in the day of Emerson, Lake and Palmer. Sad news.....

Saw them at Cobo Hall in Detroit back in the 70's.
They toured across the country with a full orchestra and I missed it, that cost so much to drag all those people and equipment around that they had to reschedule a bunch of dates and come back across across the country with just them this time to actually make money.
We were running late and barely made it.
As we ran to the big doors that entered the arena I saw it had already gone dark and then I heard...

"Welcome Back My Friends to the Show That Never Ends..."

One of the greatest concerts I ever attended.

"Along with British contemporaries Rick Wright of Pink Floyd, Tony Banks of Genesis, Billy Ritchie of Clouds, Rick Wakeman of Yes, and Jon Lord of Deep Purple, Emerson is widely regarded as one of the top keyboard players of the progressive rock era. Along with British contemporaries Rick Wright of Pink Floyd, Tony Banks of Genesis, Billy Ritchie of Clouds, Rick Wakeman of Yes, and Jon Lord of Deep Purple, Emerson is widely regarded as one of the top keyboard players of the progressive rock era.
AllMusic describes Emerson as "perhaps the greatest, most technically accomplished keyboardist in rock history"

RIP.

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2016/03/15/keith-emerson-gone-but-not-forgotten/

Back
Top Bottom