My son's clock scared me again

TandTmrh

We got my son a really cool clock for Christmas last year. It's a clock with 12 different Ford Mustangs on it. Every hour it goes off and it has the actual engine sound and tires peeling out of the particular Mustang. When all is quiet in the house, it startles me sometimes when I hear a car peeling out coming from his bedroom. Totally random post, but just wanted to share. :roll:
51DcRFblRTL._SY300_.jpg

Out at our family hunting lodge in the middle of nowhere we have had some issues with break ins and the thieves taking anything and everything they can fit into their ride. Usually on the weekends, I'm the first one their so along with that comes the responsibility to do an initial security sweep of all the cabins and lodge. Couple months ago I got there after dark and you have to walk across the lodge to hit the light switch (poor design). As I'm fumbling through the dark one of those singing fish goes off and I screamed like a little girl and ran out. It scared the #%$@ out of me. I pulled all the batteries from those things, never again.

LOL. Billy Bass!!
latest

Thats the one. My dad has a collection of them. For some reason he gets kick out of them, hes got all different kinds of them everywhere as some sort of backwoods security system. Well it sure worked on me. Ya those strange noises can spook you sometimes.

My dad said that was the one thing about growing old. Losing your hearing has a lot of down sides, but not being scared by sudden noises is great.

A few years back. I was walking through the woods to get to a fishing hole. It was around 3 am. I had with me a battery op lantern, fishing poll, and a thermos. I get about half way there about 1 mile in. And all the sudden a screech owl let out a screech. The lantern went one way and the thermos went the other way. Have you ever heard a screech owl. It sounds like a female screaming.

A few years back. I was walking through the woods to get to a fishing hole. It was around 3 am. I had with me a battery op lantern, fishing poll, and a thermos. I get about half way there about 1 mile in. And all the sudden a screech owl let out a screech. The lantern went one way and the thermos went the other way. Have you ever heard a screech owl. It sounds like a female screaming.

:laughing::laughing: know what you mean !!
HH

Setting here reading your post and the public message warning started blaring on the TV I about came out of the chair.

:laughing::laughing:

Maybe should have got him the Plymouth Volare clock with the 225 slant six engine? Every one of them had a nice peaceful little ticking noise from the knocking lifters! Good little engine though...easy to work on...
Mud

I get the jitters whenever I hear that sound from the radio or TV in the summertime. We live in a heavy thunderstorm, tornado, hurricane area in the summertime.

That is the coolest clock, where did you get it?
My son has his temps and we are in search of a 2005 or 2006 Stang for his first car.:D

Take the batteries out of the clock

It will still be right twice each day.
HH,
John Morton

Out at our family hunting lodge in the middle of nowhere we have had some issues with break ins and the thieves taking anything and everything they can fit into their ride. Usually on the weekends, I'm the first one their so along with that comes the responsibility to do an initial security sweep of all the cabins and lodge. Couple months ago I got there after dark and you have to walk across the lodge to hit the light switch (poor design). As I'm fumbling through the dark one of those singing fish goes off and I screamed like a little girl and ran out. It scared the #%$@ out of me. I pulled all the batteries from those things, never again.

:lol: good story, thanks for sharing

Back
Top Bottom