New Metal Detecting TV

Ricki7

Forum Supporter
Today I found Diggers MDing show on Net Flix ( season 3 ) , I thought it was going to be a great find . Three episodes was all I could take , loved the historical aspect , but they just got too annoying . So does anyone know know of tv shows worth watching ?
HH

Yeah that show is too much to take , like a couple immature loudmouth monkey children hopped up on sugar and caffiene. Just as fake as fake could be. Unfortunately though there just isnt a way to make this hobby interesting for spectators. If it was like real life it would be the most boring tv show ever made.

The show has a good concept ,going to places historical , normally off limits , unearthing relics and donating them . A show adding some information on MD's , featuring other detectorists, many more possibilities about the hobby could work . Maybe I'm not fair judging after 3 episodes.
HH
I'll have to look for that one

Today I found Diggers MDing show on Net Flix ( season 3 ) , I thought it was going to be a great find . Three episodes was all I could take , loved the historical aspect , but they just got too annoying . So does anyone know know of tv shows worth watching ?
HH

Sorry Ricki, there really is no such thing as tv shows worth watching.
The only time I turn my tv on anymore is to watch a movie with the kids, and watch the Green Bay Packers.
Not even exaggerating when I say I watch an hour or less of tv per week:yes:

I agree, i saw it on Netflix the other day so I watched a few episodes. It has got to be the most annoying show ever made and I love MDing. Those slang terms they use for everything annoy me to no end. "Hey Ringy I got civ nectar in the pock" not "hey I found a 3 ringer" I love when they are pulling a fresh coin out of moist soil and it looks as if its been sun baked for a week and dry as a bone. Even Savage Diggers was better. I just enjoy watching an occasional you tube video here and there. I do wish there was a better show out there.

I agree. These guys are annoying, way over the top. They only seem to use a single model and brand detector (AT Pro) with stock coils from what I've seen for every site which gets boring. They never discuss any detecting technology, and seem to know little about their finds. I also hate the slang, it's just stupid IMO. On another note the show "Detectorist" on Netflix is good, though it's a TV series and not a reality show.

Watch them long enough and they grow on ya. I like their own terminology. Nectar in the hole is my favorite. I have Comcast and they have been on for 2 season I believe. From what I understand, these guys are well thought of in their area of the country.

I still watch it when it's on TV.

Watch them long enough and they grow on ya. I like their own terminology. Nectar in the hole is my favorite. I have Comcast and they have been on for 2 season I believe. From what I understand, these guys are well thought of in their area of the country.

I still watch it when it's on TV.
Ageed. Who takes this stuff seriously anyway? It's simple entertainment, and that's it. Too many reruns though.

Ageed. Who takes this stuff seriously anyway? It's simple entertainment, and that's it. Too many reruns though.

That's the problem with low budget shows. They shoot 6-8 episodes and run them for 9 months. Lets hope they get a little more money and we see more nectar in the hole. :laughing:

If you want to watch some interesting detecting show's , just go to youtube . Start with the Silverslingers , or Nuggetnoggin , amongs't some other's . But on TV , there isn't anything worth watching . But if you want real reality TV , look for professional wrestling . :laughing:

If you want to watch some interesting detecting show's , just go to youtube . Start with the Silverslingers , or Nuggetnoggin , amongs't some other's . But on TV , there isn't anything worth watching . But if you want real reality TV , look for professional wrestling . :laughing:

Anyone watch Gold Fever? Not really a MD show, but they do use them once in a while. Talk about a way out there host. I understand his dad was the founder of some sort of Gold Mining Organization.

I've noticed that there have been several short lived detecting series on TV over the past 3 years or so. They don't seem to do very well and usually only last one season. I believe Diggers did the best and was cancelled after its 3rd season last year?

Im still in contact with KG.

You can still find them making videos and on other social media. Cable TV is a thing of the past I fear.

I think the concept was good, just the guys digging are so annoying. I watched two shows and couldn't stand it anymore. I wonder if people think all MDer's act like that. Also couldn't stand the added sounds. Never matched the target dug or location. They should have just hunted without headphones. Anyways it was two hours of my life I'll never get back. :mad::lol:

Maybe if they replaced the diggers with nugget and aquachigger and let them be themselves it would be worth watching. Oh, and stop dubbing in th fake beeping sounds.

I like the show. At first their antics and "civ" and "pock" were a bit annoying, but then I realized they are just a couple of dorks having fun. I try not to let the fake beeping and some of the fake production take away from the fun of their excitement of finding things. I can't say for sure, but everything I have read about them leads me to believe that everything else about the show is real and the guys and the finds are genuine.

".....so , I was going along thinking this has got to be the nectar honeyhole , I mean it has nectar written all over it right ? When I had the awesomest hit. So I kneel down and make a hole , as I was scooping the dirt away from the hole I spot roundness......so I start yelling and running around acting like an idiot , almost stepping on my detector because of the nectar roundness. Oh my gosh its a coin !!! " ................:laughing: That show is an insult ! :roll:

HH

Even Hitler couldn't stand them. Here is some historical footage of his thoughts on metal detecting TV shows

Back
Top Bottom