Father-In-Law Passed Away

Grumpa

Elite Member
My wife's father passed away last week. He was 90 years old and had an accident on his tractor. He drove it off a 12' ditch bank and it rolled over at least once on top of him. He had multiple broken ribs on both sides, a punctured lung, crushed kidneys, and several blood clots in various places. The family kept him on life support for almost a week and a half then decided to pull the plug. He went almost instantly.

The thing is, I'm not sad. In fact I hope when my time comes I can go like that. I don't mean in a tractor accident, but doing what I love. He started his small pecan farm in southern NM in 1948 and lived and worked there ever since. He came from less than nothing and was very proud of what he had built for himself and his family. I never met a harder working man in my life. He loved his farm and having to leave it to move in with family or to a home would have been the worst thing ever for him. Even at 90 years old he lived by himself.

I think the only thing he might have preferred to dying the way he did might be to have been shot by a jealous husband. :lol:

RIP Isaac, you lived a full life and died the way you lived, working hard on your beloved farm.

May he R.I.P. Agree he lived and died as man in control of his life . He never had to shed is dignity even at the age of 90 that is amazing .
Prayers for the family who were blessed to have him all those years .
HH

Sorry to hear this. Sounds like he was a good man, and that he was an inspiration to many. RIP Sir.....(When my time comes, I hope to die with my boots on also)

God bless him. Thanks for sharing, and I'm sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss . A 2 war veteran , built up what he did to raise his family . Those old timers were a breed all there own . I could listen to the stories from these guys all day . Definetly a generation of men and women that shaped this country for years , to bad todays generation doesn't respect or garner that ambition . My condolences to you and the family .

Prayers as always for any family loss. Seems like he was a stellar man. To keep working the fields at 90 is a true blessing. Hope peace for you and your family.

I'm sorry to hear that. At least you can celebrate that he really loved and enjoyed his life instead of being afraid of life like many people are...

Back
Top Bottom