• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Hot pockets...

Turns out this was a loose e cig battery he was carrying around and he probably had keys or coins in that same pocket so...boom!

A good lesson for all of us especially 9v users.
Keep them away from other metal, making connections socially is good...when it comes to batteries not so much.

Don't think E-cigarettes are meant to help you quit. They are more a way for the tobacco companies to keep in business, dodge taxes, public smoking restriction, put more profit in their pockets with higher price, for a more concentrated, addictive product. I don't think casual, or even moderate use of tobacco causes a lot of those health problems we are taught to believe. It's the heavy use, high concentrations. Too much of anything can be deadly, even drinking plain water. Lab rats can get cancerous tumors from most anything, highly concentrated. You'd figure the scientist would stop doing that test after a while, it's not a surprising result, hasn't been for many decades. Maybe they have a mathematical equation, that relates to how long a human can go, before developing similar results.

Those lithium batteries are just dangerous to carry around in your pocket. Moisture, from sweat could cause similar results as well, if it were to get past the seal. Wonder how much the dude will get from his lawsuit, seems he just hit the lottery...

Don't think E-cigarettes are meant to help you quit. They are more a way for the tobacco companies to keep in business, dodge taxes, public smoking restriction, put more profit in their pockets with higher price, for a more concentrated, addictive product.

I quit smoking cigarettes from a post on this forum almost three years ago by using an ecig. And I tried for years by several different methods that none worked.

This happened about a month ago around here, same exact thing...... the guy got 3rd degree burns and needed surgury

Ecigs are the way of the future, or at least some form of carcinogen-free smoking analog. In that, I mean, people will always want feel the way they feel when they smoke, and people will always want to avoid cancer, thus science will bridge that gap.

Perhaps ecigs are dangerous, or maybe they're not. But when the studies are finally done, if it turns out they cause cancer, scientists will create a safer alternative.

I quit smoking cigarettes from a post on this forum almost three years ago by using an ecig. And I tried for years by several different methods that none worked.

You quit, when it's time for you to quit. Lot of people don't need anything else. It's more of a mental decision than anything else. Methods just help keep you focused on the goal. Glad you were successful, and hope you stay off those nasty things...

Don't think E-cigarettes are meant to help you quit. They are more a way for the tobacco companies to keep in business, dodge taxes, public smoking restriction, put more profit in their pockets with higher price, for a more concentrated, addictive product. I don't think casual, or even moderate use of tobacco causes a lot of those health problems we are taught to believe. It's the heavy use, high concentrations. Too much of anything can be deadly, even drinking plain water. Lab rats can get cancerous tumors from most anything, highly concentrated. You'd figure the scientist would stop doing that test after a while, it's not a surprising result, hasn't been for many decades. Maybe they have a mathematical equation, that relates to how long a human can go, before developing similar results.

I believe you are correct now but when it first started it was marketed as a way to quit and that's why the nicotine levels in the juice were stepped down to zero.
I quit my self. Two packs a day for 15 years minus a couple of maybe one week long attempts at quiting over the years. Like you said though my mind was made up and I was going to do it. But still I went electronic for a couple months and got off the nicotine first. So for me it was a valuable tool to kick the chemical addiction first. Been a little over a year now and one of the best things I did.

I think when a proven, safe, smoking-like product finally hits the market, it will be largely maligned by folks who love to judge.

I love smoking. But I also love high intensity workouts, not smelling like smoke, not coughing all the time, and not getting lung cancer. The ecig allows me to live an active lifestyle, precisely control my nicotine intake, help me eat less, and be able to "smoke" indoors.

Will I get cancer? Maybe. But I firmly believe humans will find a way to make smoking enjoyable and safe - that's what we do!

E cigs and their batteries are not dangerous. Stupid is dangerous.

Putting a high voltage li-ion battery loose in your pocket with other metal objects is stupid. He probably scratches an itch in his eyebrow with scissors too.

Whenever I read of a ecig blowing up it is always a mod, a high and sometimes variable voltage chunk of heavy pieces of metal screwed together from various parts. They put high voltage batteries in these things and tweak sketchy circuit boards to get even more power.
I don't care if you took shop class twice if you contain a high voltage battery in a metal capsule there is a good chance you will blow your face off.

Rant over. I use and have used an e cig and the battery that was meant for it for years without starting any fires or blowing my face off.

This reminds me of those hunting hand warmers they used to have that used lighter fluid, people would slip them into the same pocket they had their ammo in, Darwins law takes over

So I quit smoking cigarettes with a big mechanical vape. The Hades with a single 26650 battery. I still vape on it every day, all day. https://vapormods.com/hades-mod-v2/

The trick is to find safe batteries that have shorting protection in them so they don't explode. The cheap chinese batteries will pop when shorted.

That being said, this guy carrying cheap batteries in his pocket with change and keychains etc. is foolish. Just for fun, carry a 9 volt battery in your pocket with change and keys and see what happens. Vaping is safe, period. Numbskulls are not.

I clicked on this post thinking it was about hot, delicious Hot Pockets. Now i'm both bummed out and hungry.

I clicked on this post thinking it was about hot, delicious Hot Pockets. Now i'm both bummed out and hungry.

Sorry...
Here ya go...don't ever let it be said I am not a good host.

Attachments

• hotpockets1.jpg
    hotpockets1.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 175
Back
Top Bottom