• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

PM prices falling again

its the powers that be that "manipulate" pms.....I firmly believe they control exactly where pms go....at least as long as they can they will....till the dollar and the Ponzi sceme holding it up all comes tumbling down.... :laughing:

its the powers that be that "manipulate" pms.....I firmly believe they control exactly where pms go....at least as long as they can they will....till the dollar and the Ponzi sceme holding it up all comes tumbling down.... :laughing:

But , where do we need to be when the ponzi falls . Have our cash stashed , or holding these metals ? How much would an individual need to have on hand to carry him thru some roughtimes ? Can holding gold and silver really get you thru an economic collapse ? I'm not holding a major amount , just need to know if I should start picking up a little more .

But , where do we need to be when the ponzi falls . Have our cash stashed , or holding these metals ? How much would an individual need to have on hand to carry him thru some roughtimes ? Can holding gold and silver really get you thru an economic collapse ? I'm not holding a major amount , just need to know if I should start picking up a little more .

In a total economic collapse neither PMs or cash will be worth anything. Rice, beans, and bullets will be the reigning currency.

These are the folks in Greece who don't have any Gold or silver. They believed in a system they worked their whole lives for.
Their Ponzi has failed.

zzz.jpg

zzzzz.jpg

Well , I've got the Beans , bullets , water , alternate heat source , another power option , a non computerized vehicle , for those dreaded EMPs . I'll start stashing some cash at the house so I won't have to stand in those lines , I hate standing in lines . Thanks for the comments .

In a total economic collapse neither PMs or cash will be worth anything. Rice, beans, and bullets will be the reigning currency.
Ridiculous! PM's will have value in collapse, and history has already proven the fact. PM's have always had value, and always will.

Ridiculous! PM's will have value in collapse, and history has already proven the fact. PM's have always had value, and always will.

True, precious metals will hold value, but invest in the day to day necessities first, like food, water, toilet paper, hygiene products, fuel, etc., anything that you consume on a daily basis. Once you have a year or two of that set aside, then you can think about having some funds in precious metals. Be sure to have plenty of coins, both precious metal and clad, because paper money will likely be worthless.

ETA: Don't forget the guns and ammo, too. ;)

True, precious metals will hold value, but invest in the day to day necessities first, like food, water, toilet paper, hygiene products, fuel, etc., anything that you consume on a daily basis. Once you have a year or two of that set aside, then you can think about having some funds in precious metals. Be sure to have plenty of coins, both precious metal and clad, because paper money will likely be worthless.

ETA: Don't forget the guns and ammo, too. ;)
Well said!

I cashed in a buncha clad at my banks coin machine yesterday and headed off to buy some silver coins. When I got to the store, and mind you I know the owner, he wouldn't sell me any cull coins due to the silvers price going bonkers as of late. He would have sold me collector grade coins, but that's not what I wanted. I told him I just wanted silver to hoard. He said he was doing the same. I said I'll stop by on Monday in case he changes his mind. Otherwise I'll go elsewhere

I cashed in a buncha clad at my banks coin machine yesterday and headed off to buy some silver coins. When I got to the store, and mind you I know the owner, he wouldn't sell me any cull coins due to the silvers price going bonkers as of late. He would have sold me collector grade coins, but that's not what I wanted. I told him I just wanted silver to hoard. He said he was doing the same. I said I'll stop by on Monday in case he changes his mind. Otherwise I'll go elsewhere

Gold to silver ratio right now is at a very high point so silver bugs and especially Gold silver ratio traders everywhere are loading up on silver. Ratio traders will load up on underpriced silver and then down the road when the ratio swings down around 40:1 they will trade all the silver for Gold.

It takes 83.285 ounces of silver to equal the value of 1 ounce of Gold today. The GSR usually hangs around the 50 to 70:1 range.

As you can see the ratio has not gone into the 80+:1 range very often in the last 40 years. Precious metals folks are getting excited. :grin:

gsr2-16.jpg

Gold to silver ratio right now is at a very high point so silver bugs and especially Gold silver ratio traders everywhere are loading up on silver. Ratio traders will load up on underpriced silver and then down the road when the ratio swings down around 40:1 they will trade all the silver for Gold.

It takes 83.285 ounces of silver to equal the value of 1 ounce of Gold today. The GSR usually hangs around the 50 to 70:1 range.

As you can see the ratio has not gone into the 80+:1 range very often in the last 40 years. Precious metals folks are getting excited. :grin:

View attachment 343540

Hence why he's reluctant to sell huh?

Back
Top Bottom