For You Smokers Who Want To Quit

Dirty Genu

Forum Supporter
For you smokers who want to quit

I know this has nothing to do with detecting, but if just one person here quits or passes on this info to someone else that quits, it is well worth my time posting it.

I have quit before using every method there is, but this time it's different. After quitting March 30th 2013 I can't hardly stand to be around someone else that smokes. Only smokers understand that it's the addiction to nicotine that makes it so hard to quit. With the E-Cigs you get the nicotine,flavor and the motions of smoking, but you don't get the tar and other chemicals that will kill you.

This kit below is what I use, but there are many more out there. Just Google e-cigs.

http://www.smoktek.com/SmokTek-eGo-...er-E-Cigarette-Kit-with-carry-case_p_480.html

The kit above comes with NO INSTRUCTIONS.
So here is a few tips.

1. Push the button 5 times to turn it on or off . After turning it on just push the button and hold it while you are taking a drag. Just leave it on, the battery is only being used when the button is pushed.

2. To fill the chamber with juice, remove the black tip by un-screwing it and tilt it over to the side a bit and let the juice run down the side and do fill past the white plastic piece. Avoid getting juice in the small center tube.

3. At first take small hits until you get used to it. Give it 2 to 3 days of use and you will be ready to give up the cigarettes.

I buy my juices here. I have tried 3 suppliers and I like this the best.

http://www.mtbakervapor.com/electronic-cigarette-nicotine-juice/

I feel better.:grin:
My energy level is higher and last longer.:grin:
My blood pressure is lower.:grin:
I am getting out and doing more than I have in years.:grin:
I have lost weight.:D
I am saving $80 plus per month not buying cigarettes.:D
The house and cars don't smell like smoke.:grin:
My teeth are not as yellow.:D
I hope to live a lot longer now.:yes:

I am not connected in any way with the web pages above.

Thanks for reading and GL if you try it.
From Clint

Last edited:
I used to smoke and dip...my diving buddy dipped.

After I quit years ago, I used to razz him about the habit and how bad and cancer causing it is but we both just laughed it off.

He was just diagnosed with cancer.

e-cigarettes

One of my co-workers is now using the e-cigarettes , he really likes them and they save him a lot on regular cigarettes. He does not spend as much time out the back door smoking as well so we get more work out of him.He says he feels a lot better now that he is no longer smoking reg.cigarettes .

I quit smoking and switched to e-cigs exactly one year ago this month. No looking back. Heck I don't even miss them. Like the OP said, you still get nicotine and the "feel" of smoking without the tar and deadly chemicals.

I use a ProVari w/Protank and eGo C-Twists with wickless Apollo clearomizers.

Both me and Carol quit analogs about 2 years ago after a thread someone started on this forum about ecigs.

No regrets after the switch, I feel 100% better, it took a while to find a good setup though, I like big 18650 battery mods and even made a few VV box mods. Currently liking my VAMO with a protank.

Some other advantages to E cigs:
Smoke anywhere you want, in the car, on planes, even at work.
No standing outside in the cold or rain.
No looking like a baby when you can't find matches.
Increased respect from your non smoking peers. ( You will be surprised on this one )

I quit about 6 years ago, having a slight heart attack and 3 stents made it easy for me to quit. I have never had an urge to smoke since, actually I can't stand being around it, makes it hard for me to breath and the smell turns my stomach. For all of your that have quit a big thumbs up I know it is hard for some to quit (my wife is one of those people).

How long had you that quit been smoking?

I was a smoker for more than 40 years and quit cold turkey 4 years ago. My body freaked out being cut off after so many years. Had a lot of side effects.

I have mine on a piece of parachute cord hanging around my neck and it's fun watching people you are talking to look at it. Only about a fourth of them will ask what it is. The rest I just let them wonder.

I forgot to mention that I now have no cough and my sinus problems are about 75% better.:D

I was a smoker for more than 40 years and quit cold turkey 4 years ago. My body freaked out being cut off after so many years. Had a lot of side effects.
I've been smoking since I was 15. Today I turned 60. I have quit maybe 7 to 8 times, once for 2 years and could have eaten a cigarette the whole time.

This time it's been 3 months and I just don't want a cigarette. The E-cig totally replaces the cigarettes. I know this seems stupid to someone who has never smoked, but the nicotine is what smokers crave. I don't use the E-cig as much as I did in the beginning, so maybe sometime in the future I can give it up also.

25 years or so, never could quit cold turkey, with ecigs it was real easy to get off analogs.

@SkiWhiz Steve, get your wife an ego kit, I'm sure she would ditch the habit too, I think 90% of people who try it quit.

I've been smoking since I was 15. Today I turned 60. I have quit maybe 7 to 8 times, once for 2 years and could have eaten a cigarette the whole time.

This time it's been 3 months and I just don't want a cigarette. The E-cig totally replaces the cigarettes. I know this seems stupid to someone who has never smoked, but the nicotine is what smokers crave. I don't use the E-cig as much as I did in the beginning, so maybe sometime in the future I can give it up also.

Happy birthday! May you have many more to come!

I never started smoking. When I was a kid my next door neighbor got lung cancer. I was real close to him like a father. After he got cancer they cut him open and closed him back up. I saw him one morning dead in the front yard after he tripped over a garden hose with his insides where they weren't supposed to be. I had nightmares for about 5 years. If you want me to scare you into quitting i'll see if my sister will email me the picture of the inside of my uncles throat. They had to make him a new one with part of his forearm. You still have forearm hair that grows inside your throat. He has to write on a pad to talk. And has been eating through a feeding tube a long time. My sister has to help take care of him. And he can never go outside again. After watching my dad suffer unbearable pain while he was dying, i'd rather avoid going out that way if possible. I still have nightmares watching my dad die a slow painful death from cancer.:no:

I never started smoking. When I was a kid my next door neighbor got lung cancer. I was real close to him like a father. After he got cancer they cut him open and closed him back up. I saw him one morning dead in the front yard after he tripped over a garden hose with his insides where they weren't supposed to be. I had nightmares for about 5 years. If you want me to scare you into quitting i'll see if my sister will email me the picture of the inside of my uncles throat. They had to make him a new one with part of his forearm. You still have forearm hair that grows inside your throat. He has to write on a pad to talk. And has been eating through a feeding tube a long time. My sister has to help take care of him. And he can never go outside again. After watching my dad suffer unbearable pain while he was dying, i'd rather avoid going out that way if possible. I still have nightmares watching my dad die a slow painful death from cancer.:no:
There is no excuse for smoking, but it has been my only weakness. My father was an alcoholic, but I never had a drinking problem. Maybe it was because I saw what it did to the whole family. Nicotine is a very powerful drug and I have read where the Cocaine addicts said it was harder to quit smoking than using Cocaine.
Only the future knows if it's to late for me, but I want to say this to the younger people.
Don't ever start a bad habit and you won't be trying to quit it or dying from it.

Last edited:
I've tried e cigs quite a few times, for some reason they always make me cough... But, they are handy as all get out, on planes, in stores, etc...

I've tried e cigs quite a few times, for some reason they always make me cough... But, they are handy as all get out, on planes, in stores, etc...

Don't try to inhale so hard... I use a ecig now as well... I push the button on mine first to get the heating element working then take a drag its much smoother that way...

got my ejuice from here... its called mint tingle and its smooth...

http://www.virginvapor.com/

Don't try to inhale so hard... I use a ecig now as well... I push the button on mine first to get the heating element working then take a drag its much smoother that way...

got my ejuice from here... its called mint tingle and its smooth...

http://www.virginvapor.com/

Probably what the problem is. My old Boss had the same problem. Where I live they made a law you got to be a certain distance from the commercial buildings. E cigs they can use them behind the parts counter and around a warehouse full of cardboard :yes: They blamed my buddy for almost burning down our warehouse. He only smokes cigars. Turned out it was a cigarette my boss flicked into a bathtub box which caught the foam under the tub on fire. You ought to try working around someone who tried to stamp out a Styrofoam fire all day.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom