$2 dollar bill

kats71

just read this today :laughing:

STORY:

On my way home from work, I stopped at Taco Bell for a quick bite to eat.

I have a $50 bill and a $2 bill. I figure with the $2 bill, I can get something to eat and not have to worry about irritating anyone for trying to break a $50 bill.

Me: 'Hi, I'd like one seven-layer burrito please, to go.' Server: 'That'll be $1.04. Eat in?' Me: 'No, it's to go.' At this point, I open my billfold and hand him the $2 bill. He looks at it kind of funny. Server: 'Uh, hang on a sec, I'll be right back.' He goes to talk to his manager, who is still within my earshot.

The following conversation occurs between the two of them:

Server: 'Hey, you ever see a $2 bill?' Manager: 'No. A what?' Server: 'A $2 bill. This guy just gave it to me...' Manager: 'Ask for something else. There's no such thing as a $2 bill.' Server: 'Yeah, thought so.'

He comes back to me and says, 'We don't take these.

Do you have anything else?'

Me: 'Just this fifty. You don't take $2 bills? Why? Server: 'I don't know.' Me: 'See here where it says legal tender?' Server: 'Yeah.' Me: 'So, why won't you take it?' Server: 'Well, hang on a sec.'

He goes back to his manager, who has been watching me like I'm a shoplifter, and says to him, 'He says I have to take it.'

Manager: 'Doesn't he have anything else?' Server: 'Yeah, a fifty. I'll get it and you can open the safe and get change. Manager: 'I'm not opening the safe with him in here.' Server: 'What should I do?' Manager: 'Tell him to come back later when he has real money.' Server: 'I can't tell him that! You tell him.' Manager: 'Just tell him.' Server: 'No way! This is weird. I'm going in back.

The manager approaches me and says, 'I'm sorry, but we don't take big bills this time of night.'

Me: 'It's only seven o'clock! Well then, here's a two dollar bill.' Manager: 'We don't take those, either.' Me: 'Why not?' Manager: 'I think you know why.' Me: 'No really, tell me why.' Manager 'Please leave before I call mall security.' Me: 'Excuse me?' Manager: 'Please leave before I call mall security.' Me: 'What on earth for?' Manager: 'Please, sir..' Me: 'Uh, go ahead, call them.' Manager: 'Would you please just leave?' Me: 'No.' Manager: 'Fine -- have it your way then.' Me: 'Hey, that's Burger King, isn't it?'

At this point, he backs away from me and calls mall security on the phone around the corner. I have two people staring at me from the dining area, and I begin laughing out loud, just for effect.

A few minutes later this 45-year-oldish guy comes in.

Guard: 'Yeah, Mike, what's up?' Manager (whispering): 'This guy is trying to give me some (pause) funny money.' Guard: 'No kidding! What?' Manager: 'Get this. A two dollar bill.' Guard (incredulous): 'Why would a guy fake a two dollar bill?' Manager: 'I don't know. He's kinda weird. He says the only other thing he has is a fifty.' Guard: 'Oh, so the fifty's fake!' Manager: 'No, the two dollar bill is.' Guard: 'Why would he fake a two dollar bill?' Manager : 'I don't know! Can you talk to him, and get him out of here?' Guard: 'Yeah.'

Security Guard walks over to me and......

Guard: 'Mike here tells me you have some fake bills you're trying to use.' Me: 'Uh, no.' Guard: 'Lemme see 'em.' Me: 'Why?' Guard: 'Do you want me to get the cops in here?'

At this point I'm ready to say, 'Sure, please!' but I want to eat, so I say, 'I'm just trying to buy a burrito and pay for it with this two dollar bill. I put the bill up near his face, and he flinches like I'm taking a swing at him. He takes the bill turns it over a few times in his hands, and he says,

Guard: 'Hey, Mike, what's wrong with this bill?' Manager: 'It's fake.' Guard: 'It doesn't look fake to me.' Manager: 'But it's a two dollar bill.' Guard: 'Yeah? ' Manager: 'Well, there's no such thing, is there?'

The security guard and I both look at him like he's an idiot and it dawns on the guy that he has no clue and is an idiot. So, it turns out that my burrito was free, and he threw in a small drink and some of those cinnamon thingies, too.

Made me want to get a whole stack of two dollar bills just to see what happens when I try to buy stuff.

Just think...

those two will be voting soon!!?!

YIKES!!!

Too late, we already have a nation full of them.

Too funny. I've had cashiers at Wally World ask if Kennedy halves were worth a dollar. Two dollar bills might be fun there too. HH. DD

This one is real.
When I was a kid, I worked in a small store with an older cash register.
This was the kind that just added up totals, it didn't tell you the change to give back so I had to do that in my head, or just count the difference back to the customer, but no big deal.

Cut to present.

I am in a McDonalds, made my order, the girl told me the total which was like $4.44 or something like that.
I give her a $10 bill.
She punches in $10 on the machine but just then the whole place had a power outage for just a second.
The drawer opened, but evidently it cleared her screen and there was nothing there to tell her what kind of change to give back to me.
She stood there paralyzed with a look literally like a dear in the headlights.
It was funny as heck!
I innocently asked what was the matter and she said her screen was cleared and she couldn't give me my change back.
I said "you can't give me $5.56?"
She says, "Is that the right change?
"Yep"
Another strange look.
"Here, let me help you count it out...the total was $4.44, give me a penny to make $4.45...a nickel makes $4.50...2 quarters makes $5...and a $5 bill makes $10 and we are through!"
She looks at me and says, "Neat".

I walk away shaking my head.

I used a roll of half dollars to make a purchase at hardware store for a small item. The 18 yr old girl, first picked one up and looked at it real close, then looked around the room as if she did know what they were. :shock: Then decided she would accept them and opened the cash drawer and stood another minute trying to figure out where to put them since there isn't a tray location for half dollars. :?: :laughing:

This one is real.
When I was a kid, I worked in a small store with an older cash register.
This was the kind that just added up totals, it didn't tell you the change to give back so I had to do that in my head, or just count the difference back to the customer, but no big deal.

Cut to present.

I am in a McDonalds, made my order, the girl told me the total which was like $4.44 or something like that.
I give her a $10 bill.
She punches in $10 on the machine but just then the whole place had a power outage for just a second.
The drawer opened, but evidently it cleared her screen and there was nothing there to tell her what kind of change to give back to me.
She stood there paralyzed with a look literally like a dear in the headlights.
It was funny as heck!
I innocently asked what was the matter and she said her screen was cleared and she couldn't give me my change back.
I said you can't give me $5.56?
She says, "Is that the right change?
"Yep"
Another strange look.
"Here, let me help you count it out...the total was $4.44, give me a penny to make $4.45...a nickel makes $4.50...2 quarters makes $5...and a $5 bill makes $10 and we are through!"
She looks at me and says, "Neat".

I walk away shaking my head.

So much for the new math!:wow:

Kids right of school

Can not do math. Unless they have a calculator they are lost. I saw on the news where parents are complaining about the amount of homework that is given. I am thankful for how I was taught. (old school) .

I had the same thing happen when the new dollar coins came out. They had never seen one and didn't know what it was. They change bills all the time to keep them from being counterfeited but they have they out before the government. We don't even know what a real one is supposed to look like anymore.

We don't even know what a real one is supposed to look like anymore.
I remember.

1957ASilverCertificateSnF00000009A.jpg

If your story is accurate as I believe it is, then if you do not email the company CEO then I think you are making a mistake. Be sure to include details. The normal settlement net profit for refusal of service of legal tender caused by stupid people is over a thousand dollars per incident after legal fees. You should have asked for an extra steak taco instead of settling on those cheap crisp things. What kind of meat are their steak tacos made of anyway? I have never ordered them due to the choking hazard. On the other hand the finely ground taco mystery meat is nice and greasy so I digest it well and really fast. Slips along the intestinal trail real nice.

The crisp things are 99 cents and contain too much salt so your heart skips beats after you eat them for about an hour. You can not sue them for that, you have to die first before you can sue. You need more proof. You can not sue them for intestinal pains or gas either. It is important to know your rights!

Lucky you did not do the drive-thru. You have to ASK for sauce now. Screwed again if you don't pay close attention and seek legal council immediately.

!

!

Last edited:
I love this story, I also had some of those bills and some how someone heisted them, hey i work with kids and believe me, some of them are the smartest math whizzes out there but ask them for change - they have no concept of living math - real life situations. Thats why our deficit is 15 trillion.

If your story is accurate as I believe it is, then if you do not email the company CEO then I think you are making a mistake. Be sure to include details. The normal settlement net profit for refusal of service of legal tender caused by stupid people is over a thousand dollars per incident after legal fees. You should have asked for an extra steak taco instead of settling on those cheap crisp things. What kind of meat are their steak tacos made of anyway? I have never ordered them due to the choking hazard. On the other hand the finely ground taco mystery meat is nice and greasy so I digest it well and really fast. Slips along the intestinal trail real nice.

The crisp things are 99 cents and contain too much salt so your heart skips beats after you eat them for about an hour. You can not sue them for that, you have to die first before you can sue. You need more proof. You can not sue them for intestinal pains or gas either. It is important to know your rights!

Lucky you did not do the drive-thru. You have to ASK for sauce now. Screwed again if you don't pay close attention and seek legal council immediately.

!

!

The guy made good on the sale and then some.... Why sue? It just clogs up the courts when no damage has been done.

Too funny (a little sad, but funny). The only perk I ever got from working a cash register was swapping out my plain currency for the wheats, silver coins and currency and other goodies that came in.

In my wife's purse is 2$bill - it's relic here. Seems it's become a relic in US too :D. Thanks for story

So far I have not had problems with spending halves, gold dollars or $2 bills. But sometimes I do get the strange face look or if it's someone that is familiar with me I'll get the sarcastic "OH COME ON NOW!!" :laughing: But they always take it. A lot of times cashiers will take it so they can swap it out with their money and hang onto it themselves.

I do want to encounter one of these morons who don't know about this kind of money. If I'm in a nice mood I'll happily educate them, but if they get me frustrated or I feel a mean streak I'll advise them how stupid they are, without using that term!! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom