Electromagnetic interference...

(Heavy)

Elite Member
EMI- this is what it looks like to AM radio, my detectors hate it, the WFI doesnt care for it much and now NetFlicks is being affected on my TV. I think next there will be apparations in the shadows :lol: I have had enough of it now and I would not have ever figued it out until i bought a V3i and it told me. I must apologize to kellyCo for returning their DD coil for the ACE as it wasnt a bad coil.

EMI is making me crazy
untitled.jpg

maybe some of you remember what happen when i put a double D on my trusty ACE 250

I work for a power company and we deal with this all the time mostly due to HAM radio operators.We usually find a bad insulator or a loose connection on the primary side in the neighborhood.But if you live near a substation then there is nothing that will help as all that equipment gives off EMI and it's just the nature of the beast.Good Luck,Ken

I THINK I FOUND IT!... started throwing breakers and it stopped :extrahappy:

now its just a matter of time
images.jpg
thanks Mr. lineman

When I brought my MXT home a few years ago, was getting all kinds of goofy signals, called Whites for advice, first thing the tech asked me is do I have hidden fence pet containment? Doohh!:lol:, Boy did I feel foolish, never even thought about the signal that was giving off. Glad you found your source...Curt:grin:

I spent the day working my own yard for the first time :D If i told you what I found was the source you would'nt believe me and i feel pretty foolish for not systematically shutting down my house first until the EMI stopped. I still can't understand how something so small could cast so much noise over my property. I mean it was the entire home and 20-30 feet beyond my foundations. I will not underestimate the havic electro-magnetic energy can play and AM radio frequency really is a good indication.

welcome to the world of Metal Detecting, EMI, solar flares, sun spots and malfunctioning WII transformers.

Cheif say, "you big dummy"
jackchief.jpg

I tried MD'ing at my sisters house a week or so ago and couldn't!!! the EMI was ridiculous. I looked up in the trees running along her property and it has high power lines running on 2 sides. I just received the 6X10 coil for the V3i and remembered someone on another forum saying that it was great for EMI. I went up there today and put on the 6X10 thinking i wasnt going to be able to even GB it... Boy was I wrong :shock: It ground balanced and was quiet as can be. I was right under the lines and not a peep. I sure love this new coil!!! :D

update

Updating this discovery

Apparently the Wii may not have a faulty transformer it just contantly updates things all the time (acounts for the intermit problem) If you have a Wii and you find you have EMI like what you see in my video's you will have similar problems if you use a double D coil as these are especially sensitive to EMI.

Wii, MD's and double D's don't mix... file this information in your Boso computer and go straight to the Wii if your machines go on the fritz inside or even just outside your home
imagesCAIJZKN4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom