Last Paycheck...

Well if they are all Zincolns he's screwed. But there just might be a good key date tucked in that pile somewhere. As far as that being his pay, very childish indeed.

Agreed this is a d!&% move on the part of the employer, but we don't know if this employee was a jerk and "had it coming." Maybe he gave the boss' truck an oil change on the interior before he left. I think there's more to this story.

This employee should go buy a key date penny and claim he found it in this mess, stick it to the man!!!

I think he can demand another form of "money" for what he is owed.

This may be because it was the City Parking Department here, but a guy tried to pay his parking tickets (multiple) with buckets of pennies and they refused to take them! A judge sided with the City. Maybe if he had them all rolled up might have been a different story!

The story sadly is from Georgia! Can we go back to being the state known for peaches and Coca Cola?! We’ve had a lot of bad press lately and this isn’t the kind of ppl we’re proud of!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pennies are legal tender...but I'd like to think there's something he can do.
Maybe he can serve them with a "cruel and unusual payment" subpoena!

Seriously, I wonder if there's something he can do to force them to give him a check instead of causing him unnecessary hardship.

Agreed this is a d!&% move on the part of the employer, but we don't know if this employee was a jerk and "had it coming." Maybe he gave the boss' truck an oil change on the interior before he left. I think there's more to this story.

This employee should go buy a key date penny and claim he found it in this mess, stick it to the man!!!

Yeah I want to hear more before I decide who is in the right on that one.

But I'm inclined to say the former employer is in the wrong. The guy may or may not have had that prank coming, but damaging his land with an oil spill is probably overboard. But what's really bad is that the oil (which I'm assuming is motor oil, probably used) will leech into the ground and run off into the creek, which will contaminate the water table and wells.

There's probably more to the story, but it's still a childish move on the part of the employer. Just try showing up with a wheelbarrow full of oily pennies and trying to buy something with them. A business would refuse to accept them. This guy should keep track of his time invested in cleaning and rolling and send an inflated bill to the employer for time and materials.

Related,

https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2017/0...mpt-to-pay-270-fine-in-pennies/2221496853466/

So from what I "heard" was he had to get off work earlier because his child care place was closing earlier because of the 'corona'. Who knows if that's true?
I would think if the oil was bad he could call the EPA or better yet the Georgia Karen's.

I would have to use the $900+ in pennies to pay for my bail... I've been in his shoes, in construction I worked hard just to have my checks bounce and a few employers refuse to pay... One owed me over $1000 and after getting the labor board invloved he told the LB that his business had failed agreed to pay me $20 a week till it was resolved... I later found out he just renamed it and put his wife on as owner... let's say after some investigative work, I got even... and the news report made it impossible for him to get any business. Karma man, karma!

There's probably more to the story, but it's still a childish move on the part of the employer. Just try showing up with a wheelbarrow full of oily pennies and trying to buy something with them. A business would refuse to accept them. This guy should keep track of his time invested in cleaning and rolling and send an inflated bill to the employer for time and materials.

Related,

https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2017/0...mpt-to-pay-270-fine-in-pennies/2221496853466/

Agreed. Seems like a complicated hairsplitting case legally. I wonder how many lawyers would even take his case?

Back
Top Bottom