Ammo shortage

This is true about American manufacturers running flat out with their existing equipment, but even with them doing that, the new million or so gun buyers in 2021, are making demand go through the roof, therefore, on the retail level, the price goes up when demand goes up. Supply and demand.

Some of what KT has bought recently is obviously Russian made...white bears is is called in .380 semi-auto...bought just a few to see how they run in my pistol and how dirty they are. Black steel cases with cast lead bullets. The other day, KT had the choice of buying some additional rounds of that caliber and chose a box of American made ammo, same caliber. Brass casings with copper wash bullets. A better, cleaner firing product!

You're not wrong. If some manufacturer had the sense to set up a couple more production lines 18-20 months ago, they would probably have them in production and paid for by now. But that's hindsight working for you.

You're not wrong. If some manufacturer had the sense to set up a couple more production lines 18-20 months ago, they would probably have them in production and paid for by now. But that's hindsight working for you.

We would all be wise rich folks if we all had great hindsight, or the proverbial crystal ball to foresee the future! :D:D

The good news is that the gang bangers ain't smart enough to realize that with all the miscellaneous shootin' at nothin' they do every night, their stash of Blazers ain't gonna feed those HiPoints forever.

Went to Wal-Mart yesterday. First time since November.

Not a single rifle,shotgun or any ammo.

Walmarts around here stopped selling popular calibers a while back. 12g is all you can find on the shelf at other places unless you happen to get lucky on restock days. Farm and Fleet is the only retail place where I can sometimes get a couple boxes of 9mm for a respectable price of around $0.31cpr. I refuse to pay range prices.

As far as ordering online, there are so many bots looting websites in seconds it's not even worth trying right now. Inventories will get better eventually but I doubt we'll see full shelves for many, many months.

Walmarts around here stopped selling popular calibers a while back. 12g is all you can find on the shelf at other places unless you happen to get lucky on restock days. Farm and Fleet is the only retail place where I can sometimes get a couple boxes of 9mm for a respectable price of around $0.31cpr. I refuse to pay range prices.

As far as ordering online, there are so many bots looting websites in seconds it's not even worth trying right now. Inventories will get better eventually but I doubt we'll see full shelves for many, many months.

I check F&F as often as I can (McHenry county here) and they never have it in stock. I'm fairly well stocked myself, but I'd like to grab a few boxes more strictly for range use

I check F&F as often as I can (McHenry county here) and they never have it in stock. I'm fairly well stocked myself, but I'd like to grab a few boxes more strictly for range use
Is anyone ever fully stocked? My dad has so much ammo he's running out of room.

I have occasional luck at mine (I have two in town, Winnebago County). Two box limit but the price for 50 9mm rounds of Winchester White Box for $15.99 is a hell of a deal. The hard part is double dipping the limit because they keep the ammo locked up on my hood side of town by work. Across town it's just open and on the shelf. My last two victories were for two 100 round boxes of Winchester and a big score of two 200 round boxes of 5.56 ammo for my dad.

Every day online I see of stock hitting a site and gone within minutes. You just can't beat the bots.

I get to Marengo Guns once in a while. Love checking out the inventory there but their ammo prices are damn near criminal.

Is anyone ever fully stocked? My dad has so much ammo he's running out of room.

I have occasional luck at mine (I have two in town, Winnebago County). Two box limit but the price for 50 9mm rounds of Winchester White Box for $15.99 is a hell of a deal. The hard part is double dipping the limit because they keep the ammo locked up on my hood side of town by work. Across town it's just open and on the shelf. My last two victories were for two 100 round boxes of Winchester and a big score of two 200 round boxes of 5.56 ammo for my dad.

Every day online I see of stock hitting a site and gone within minutes. You just can't beat the bots.

I get to Marengo Guns once in a while. Love checking out the inventory there but their ammo prices are damn near criminal.

Good point....you're never FULLY stocked :) I just won't shoot much now, if at all, since it's so hard to replace.

I actually was at Marengo Guns Sunday...I picked up a gift certificate (200 bucks) that I won in their FB contest last weekend. That's my second win there, so I have 400 bucks to spend....just don't know what I want to get, I sure as heck won't buy ammo at those prices :)

KT visited his local high priced ammo pawn shop, saw 1 25 round box of American made 12 guage bird shot, for less than 40 cents a round, bought it. Would have bought more, but it was the last box of American made 12 guage they had. Heck, KT cannot reload for that price! Glad to get it...may be able to afford to bust some bunnies and squirrels this fall! :lol::lol:

I went to my accountant, he's also a FFL dealer, in March. We were talking about guns of course and the ammo shortage. He had a lot of guys asking for ammo so he called his distributor and asked what it would take to get some 5.56 and 9mm. He was told that he had to order 50,000 round of each caliber, there was a 4-6 month backorder and the price was stupid high. He told the customers if there was enough buyers interested he would make an order. They would have to pay the stupid price, buy in lots of 1000 rounds, wait for backorder and pay upfront. He sold 250,000 rounds in just a couple weeks! I have no clue how many he's sold by now.

show off

show off.jpg

Back
Top Bottom