Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Family Friendly Topics

Old 03-23-2021, 04:38 PM
Supporter

Default A pirate treasure /new series

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv...a-atlantic-spt

Fisher F4 , Bountyhunter Treker IV ,BH discovery 3300, Whites TRX pinpointer, finds mostly clad nothing worth posting , just retired at the end of 2017 ,so hope I can spend a lot more time detecting in the future. Collect Philippines coins as a hobby

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-23-2021, 08:45 PM
Supporter

Another article on it https://www.nytimespost.com/the-lost...sail-atlantic/

Fisher F4 , Bountyhunter Treker IV ,BH discovery 3300, Whites TRX pinpointer, finds mostly clad nothing worth posting , just retired at the end of 2017 ,so hope I can spend a lot more time detecting in the future. Collect Philippines coins as a hobby

Old 03-23-2021, 08:59 PM
Supporter

Talking

Maybe Tom should start a detecting in CA series

John 3:5__Acts 2:38__Acts 19:1-7
Navy Vet

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-23-2021, 10:27 PM
Supporter

Found the listing for the series if any one wants to see it.https://www.netflix.com/title/81035118

Old 03-24-2021, 01:54 AM
Elite Member

Thanks, saw it while browsing through yesterday, will check it out soon I imagine as we are still burning through shows quickly...

Old 03-24-2021, 11:46 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by davidlhyde63366 View post
https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv...a-atlantic-spt

My wife and I watched the first 2 episodes last night and we really enjoyed them. It is brilliantly done . Watching it is a real ride ! Those Pirates were some mean , fearless , crafty , ruthless , horny ,greedy buggers and this series will show you to what extent .
The actors , narrator ( Derek Jacoby) , route maps , ocean battle , Ship and armament scenes and tactics explanation are top notch . WARNING :Some scenes may be a bit much for the faint of heart . Torture , murder , storm scenes etc.

It had me making some comparisons as to what is presently going on in the Philippines with China using semi warships to pirate the fishing on their coast and their plans eventual plans of world dominations .

If you like history , treasure and adventure this series is for you !

Old 03-24-2021, 12:29 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Soil Surgeon View post
My wife and I watched the first 2 episodes last night and we really enjoyed them. It is brilliantly done . Watching it is a real ride ! Those Pirates were some mean , fearless , crafty , ruthless , horny ,greedy buggers and this series will show you to what extent .
The actors , narrator ( Derek Jacoby) , route maps , ocean battle , Ship and armament scenes and tactics explanation are top notch . WARNING :Some scenes may be a bit much for the faint of heart . Torture , murder , storm scenes etc.

It had me making some comparisons as to what is presently going on in the Philippines with China using semi warships to pirate the fishing on their coast and their plans eventual plans of world dominations .

If you like history , treasure and adventure this series is for you !
great review have to watch it.

Old 03-24-2021, 04:36 PM

We finished the series last night. I thought the motorized square riggers were a tad hokey and could have done without the social commentary. I like the history. Somehow the other female pirate, Mary Read, who was also pregnant but contracted a fever and died in prison, fell through the cracks in the floor boards.

Old 03-24-2021, 09:19 PM
Supporter

Another review of the show https://www.usatodaysun.com/the-lost...sail-atlantic/ and https://bestcelnews.com/tv-movies/th...sail-atlantic/

Old 04-02-2021, 08:04 AM

We really enjoyed the show.

Old 04-02-2021, 05:09 PM
Supporter

We watched the complete series and really enjoyed it .

Old 04-02-2021, 05:19 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Soil Surgeon View post
We watched the complete series and really enjoyed it .
Was kicking back and relaxing had a cough and losing my voice so thought it would be a good day to start the series , while daughter and grand daughter wet out. Go to put it on Netflex to watch and found out i needed a code to get in. May be i will get to start it this weekend , usally have to compete with kid programs .