• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Who owns a camper?

Yikes

ALWAYS clean roof with a UV blocking cleaner and caulk roof joints with the correct BUTYL rubber only caulk. Keep the roof from leaking and most of the battle is won. All campers are built like $h!t. Have fun

Will do - nothing worse than a leaky roof! Thanks!

Congratulations on joining the RV community. My wife and I own a 31ft Jayco Greyhawk motorhome. We love it. A couple things you may want to think about purchasing are 1. a good surge protector. Some RV parks have some questionable electrical hookups. This will protect your investment from a miswired pedestal or electrical surges. 2. A water pressure regulator. Some water pressures can be high and a regulator will drop the high ones down to 50 to 60 psi to keep from damaging your water lines. Those are just a couple of the items that will help protect your investment. Good luck and enjoy!

Congratulations on the new canoe. We bought a 2006 keystone a few years ago. We really enjoy it. I would suggest two water hoses and a extra extension cord for your power. Some spots I have been I needed both. I have seen several people have battery powered small leaf blowers to blow there big rugs off that lay on the ground. I do it the cheaper way I keep a broom in our camper. I was a nervous wreck my first time setting up the camper. But honestly it was pretty easy. We are members at a small lake that has camp sights so we camp several times a year there. Every time you camp you will get another idea or be like oh we need this or that the next time. The main thing is have fun and enjoy your time with family and friends. The

Buy one of those wands that squirt 4 directions to stick in black tank thru the toilet. It will break up the pyramid that builds itself. I used mine about every two weeks. I also left my grey tank valve open, so it would flush the sewer hose out.
Dawn dish soap in a squirt bottle keeps the spiders and bugs down, I squirt it on everything touching the ground, on plug and wiring leading inside, leveling jacks, wheels. Had my camper at a slight tilt to the drivers side for drainage. I lived in it pretty much myself so tilt didn’t bother me. Wife didn’t care for it.

Back
Top Bottom