Covid dilemma?

I was thinking a lot along the same lines and am beginning to believe a mask mandate should be in place for anyone over a certain BMI. It should remain in place until they get under that BMI with maybe a hole large enough to eat meals through a straw and prevent cheese burgers and other food that lead to heart disease. Covid should be mostly behind us in another year or 2 but heart disease will go on killing millions more then Covid ever will. Time to ban McDonalds.

I'd argue about using BMI since it's a poor indicator at extreme ends of the spectrum (which I was in for a long time, being into powerlifting). But I'm with you on the general idea. THAT kind of masking could be effective!

Now THAT'S rich, Faux news talking about lying...:lol::lol::lol:
Show me any other network that legally has to state "for entertainment purposes only" at the beginning of it's shows...

Last edited:
My part-time job puts me in contact with the general public. We have a city mandate that masks are required in public. Our store has a big sign that states a mask is REQUIRED to enter the store. Unfortunately, the store owner(s) put $$$ over customer safety and allow the public to ignore the signs and shop without a mask putting everyone else at risk. Many people take the misuse of masks and or not following the proper CDC guidelines as proof they don't work.

Masks do work when used properly, and social distancing and handwashing also work, but it takes all three to properly protect yourself and others. You can have 100 people in the store and 99 of them wearing masks. All it takes is 1 not wearing a mask to start infecting the other 99. I see people that refuse to wear a mask just walk right in and ignore warnings that a mask is required because they don't care about themselves or others.

It is going to take the vaccination to take these pudding heads out of the equation and get the virus under control.

Thanks for the support. Well I tested positive but the testing facility won't test my kids because they don't have symptoms. I feel relieved that I tested positive because in a few days I will be a free man able to go where I want and do what I please. No more fear!

How are you doing? Hopefully symptoms are mild.

People are so quick to follow what the lame stream media tells them, its sad and pathetic....

...Grow some balls people, start acting like Americans.

More proof you can't believe the "experts" ....
Sen. Marco Rubio: Dr. Fauci lied about coronavirus to manipulate our behavior — that's appalling

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/dr-anthony-fauci-coronavirus-marco-rubio

Finally something we can all agree on, and I'll go a step further and ask why we care what a politician has to say about this, or any, virus.

I really don't care what any Senator or Governor has to say about the coronavirus, regardless of whether there's a (D), (R), or (I) after his name. I also don't really care what Fox News, CNN, or any other media outlet has to say about coronavirus.

If you get a cancer diagnosis, do you check to see what CNN or Fox News has to say about it? Do you check what Marco Rubio or Chuck Shumer's opinion on cancer is, or if they've issued a fact sheet on cancer? Of course not. You get your information from your doctor. Maybe you supplement that information with other reliable, authoritative sources such as the Mayo Clinic, Johns Hopkins, etc.

You're right, people should start acting like Americans and look at things objectively and evaluate the real evidence on their own. Anyone basing their opinion about COVID-19 solely on what they're hearing from their one and only, inherently biased news source, Facebook group, or from an equally biased politician with an agenda, is behaving like a mindless sheep...which is exactly what politicians and the media want you to be.

Last edited:
Finally something we can all agree on, and I'll go a step further and ask why we care what a politician has to say about this, or any, virus.

I really don't care what any Senator or Governor has to say about the coronavirus, regardless of whether there's a (D), (R), or (I) after his name. I also don't really care what Fox News, CNN, or any other media outlet has to say about coronavirus.

If you get a cancer diagnosis, do you check to see what CNN or Fox News has to say about it? Do you check what Marco Rubio or Chuck Shumer's opinion on cancer is, or if they've issued a fact sheet on cancer? Of course not. You get your information from your doctor. Maybe you supplement that information with other reliable, authoritative sources such as the Mayo Clinic, Johns Hopkins, etc.

You're right, people should start acting like Americans and look at things objectively and evaluate the real evidence on their own. Anyone basing their opinion about COVID-19 solely on what they're hearing from their one and only, inherently biased news source, Facebook group, or from an equally biased politician with an agenda, is behaving like a mindless sheep...which is exactly what politicians and the media want you to be.

x2 I've gave up believing what I hear on TV a long time ago, get a new story from every channel. Try to base what I know on the only thing I can trust which is personal experience. Know at least a dozen people who tested positive for it now, some were sicker then others, some stuck in bed for a week, some never would of even known they had if they hadn't been tested. A lot of them had many other medical issues, some otherwise healthy. All of them are doing just fine right now. Not saying don't take precautions against just like I wouldn't tell someone to walk out into a busy highway without looking both directions first. Use common sense, If I go in a store, I wear a mask, If I'm out for a morning jog at 7am or driving down in the street in my car there is no point in wearing it.

My part-time job puts me in contact with the general public. We have a city mandate that masks are required in public. Our store has a big sign that states a mask is REQUIRED to enter the store. Unfortunately, the store owner(s) put $$$ over customer safety and allow the public to ignore the signs and shop without a mask putting everyone else at risk. Many people take the misuse of masks and or not following the proper CDC guidelines as proof they don't work.

Masks do work when used properly, and social distancing and handwashing also work, but it takes all three to properly protect yourself and others. You can have 100 people in the store and 99 of them wearing masks. All it takes is 1 not wearing a mask to start infecting the other 99. I see people that refuse to wear a mask just walk right in and ignore warnings that a mask is required because they don't care about themselves or others.

It is going to take the vaccination to take these pudding heads out of the equation and get the virus under control.

Don't be so quick to bash your boss. He is being put in a very precarious position by being forced to enforce the city mandate.

Imagine for a moment the liability that would ensue if an individual with a lung disorder, which reduces the individual's ability to aspirate, is not allowed to enter the establishment, because he/she cannot wear a mask. This is called discrimination.

When Public entities, including your city, write settlement checks for this type of discrimination - which happens frequently - in the amount equal to which precludes their Stop Loss insurance from kicking in, they write the check with taxpayer money. If your boss is sued for discrimination, he writes the deductible check out of his own money and then watches his insurance sky rocket. This is often the death knell for small business owners.

Many big businesses - Rite-Aid comes to mind - have instructed their employees not to confront individuals not wearing masks inside their stores. The liability is too great in the litigious society that we have created.

The day you open your own business and undertake the liability risk that your boss takes on, on a day to day basis, should be the day you start taking the moral high ground.

Don't be so quick to bash your boss. He is being put in a very precarious position by being forced to enforce the city mandate.

Imagine for a moment the liability that would ensue if an individual with a lung disorder, which reduces the individual's ability to aspirate, is not allowed to enter the establishment, because he/she cannot wear a mask. This is called discrimination.

When Public entities, including your city, write settlement checks for this type of discrimination - which happens frequently - in the amount equal to which precludes their Stop Loss insurance from kicking in, they write the check with taxpayer money. If your boss is sued for discrimination, he writes the deductible check out of his own money and then watches his insurance sky rocket. This is often the death knell for small business owners.

Many big businesses - Rite-Aid comes to mind - have instructed their employees not to confront individuals not wearing masks inside their stores. The liability is too great in the litigious society that we have created.

The day you open your own business and undertake the liability risk that your boss takes on, on a day to day basis, should be the day you start taking the moral high ground.

OK look at it from the other view. What if the patrons that wear a mask catch COVID-19 from the ones we let in without? Couldn't they also be sued for endangerment? If you have a medical reason for not wearing a mask, the mandate says to have someone else run your errands and stay home. Why do all other stores, including the same store as I work but with a different owner, will not let people in without a mask? If they are not going to enforce their own mandate then they're just lying to customers to get their money. The people I let in are led to believe they're safe and all shoppers are wearing masks. That is the lawsuit waiting to happen.

I feel ok, I lost my appetite for 2 days and now I am eating massive amounts and I really want to go do something. I feel bad for my two elementary kids because they tested negative even though we gave them a few days to get infected. They hate doing distance learning over their iPads and now they are going to be out of school for a couple of weeks. Over a foot of snow here so no detecting for a long time.

OK look at it from the other view. What if the patrons that wear a mask catch COVID-19 from the ones we let in without? Couldn't they also be sued for endangerment? If you have a medical reason for not wearing a mask, the mandate says to have someone else run your errands and stay home. Why do all other stores, including the same store as I work but with a different owner, will not let people in without a mask? If they are not going to enforce their own mandate then they're just lying to customers to get their money. The people I let in are led to believe they're safe and all shoppers are wearing masks. That is the lawsuit waiting to happen.

You seem to be missing my point. The City can discriminate all they want, such as telling a disabled citizen that they can't go shopping, because the City's only risk is writing a check with taxpayer money. Your boss would be risking his livelihood, as well as part of your livelihood, if he were to discriminate against a disabled individual.

Local governments will be writing tens of thousands of those checks before this is all said and done. The ADA hasn't been suspended and a City Council mandate doesn't supersede the ADA. The law - an actual law - states that you cannot ask an individual why they are disabled.

I suggest that you tread lightly while you are at work.

Last edited:

The store only puts the sign up because the city or state governor said to, not because they want to. Anyone with a medical condition can NOT be discriminated against, and they don't have to tell anyone what their problem is. As far as running errands for someone, some things have to be done in person. You can't send someone to renew your drivers license or plates for a vehicle.

Remember people, your Rights end when they conflict with mine. The only reason, in my opinion, this virus has killed so many is the lack of people to understand why they're being told they can't walk across an 8 lane Interstate at rush hour. You have no God-given Right to endanger thousands of innocent people because you feel the government is telling you what to do.

DONE! this is a no-win debate.

There are two specific reasons for the death toll.

(1) Modern Medicine

With advances in modern medicine, we are now able to keep very ill and very weak individuals alive for many, many years longer than at any point in human history. We pack these individuals into large facilities, like sardines, and when these facilities get exposed to a novel virus, these very weak human beings succumb in large numbers. Some initial decisions made at these facilities - some decisions forced upon them by "the government" you make reference to - caused a large number of fatalities.

(2) Obesity

Our national adult obesity rate has risen by 26% since 2008, making the current obesity rate 42.4%(aged 60 and over is 43.3%). Heavy people have a difficult time breathing, because the human lungs were not designed to expand against 50+ lbs. on the front of the human torso, so respiratory illnesses are particularly dangerous for them. According to the CDC, 94% of the deaths can be attributed to obesity or obesity related illnesses.

As a nation, we need to learn from this. Wearing masks is futile. The virus will spread and mutate, like all other viruses.

Mother nature is going to bring us another novel respiratory virus in the future and when the obesity rate is 75%, COVID-19 will look like child's play.

Last edited:
There are two specific reasons for the death toll.

(1) Modern Medicine

With advances in modern medicine, we are now able to keep very ill and very weak individuals alive for many, many years longer than at any point in human history. We pack these individuals into large facilities, like sardines, and when these facilities get exposed to a novel virus, these very weak human beings succumb in large numbers. Some initial decisions made at these facilities - some decisions forced on them by "the government" you make reference to - caused a large number of deaths.

(2) Obesity

Our national adult obesity rate has risen by 26% since 2008, making the current obesity rate 42.4%(aged 60 and over is 43.3%). Heavy people have a difficult time breathing, because the human lungs were not designed to expand against 50+ lbs. on the front of the human torso, so respiratory illnesses are particularly dangerous for them. According to the CDC, 94% of the deaths can be attributed to obesity or obesity related illnesses.

As a nation, we need to learn from this. Wearing masks is futile. The virus will spread and mutate, like all other viruses.

Mother nature is going to bring us another novel respiratory virus in the future and when the obesity rate is 75%, COVID-19 will look like child's play.

Well Gee Whiz, those are cheery thoughts for the New Year!

In the paper here they post the deaths daily, age of person and what else they had. Over 90% had either obesity, high blood pressure or diabetes, or a combination of those.

In the paper here they post the deaths daily, age of person and what else they had. Over 90% had either obesity, high blood pressure or diabetes, or a combination of those.

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change.” — Charles Darwin

These folks no longer get a pass due to advanced medicine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom