• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Explain your Username

username

Thought this would be interesting for everyone on the forum. Explain what your username or avatar means. My username, Trickworm, is my favorite plastic worm.

my username jackzter, means jack of all trades or some trades :lol: my stepson gave it to me because he would see me working on different things
By the way hello from maryland

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of shoes of any kind. I am barefoot almost all of the time. I run barefoot... and... yes... I have even metal detected barefoot. (Depends on where it is).

I'm not a fan of shoes of any kind. I am barefoot almost all of the time. I run barefoot... and... yes... I have even metal detected barefoot. (Depends on where it is).

:lol: at least you don't have to worry about wearing steel toe boots and wondering why your detector keeps getting a tone for steel :lol:

I often go without socks around the house to let my feet breathe especially during the more humid months, but too much potential to step on sharp stuff outside not to mention fire ants :lol: so I not only wear shoes outside I also pull my socks up over the bottom of my pants legs when detecting or doing yard work just in case I get too close to any fire ants :lol:

I used to live in Michigan's Upper Peninsula (forced to move because of student loans) and I have a Bachelor's of Science degree in Nursing (BSN). Gonna have to change it to YooperMSN here some say soon once I finish up my Masters in Nursing.

Been finding and collecting coins for over 45+ years, my first job as a kid was an old fashion paper boy, and the old lady's on my route would tip me sometimes with silver coins, which started my collection.

My nickname came from 1 particular beach hunt in the 80's. I had told , then showed my finds to a few oldtimer buddies who didn't believe what I found.

During a massive storm at high tide there was about a 12' tall cut , deep into the sand. Targets were falling out of the cut on the sand with each passing wave. Many were either on the surface or just under it. It got to the point where I was ignoring coins. Looking back it was extremely dangerous , I was completely drenched. This hunt lasted for 3 hours before it got just too dark. Amongst all my finds there were 28 rings. 13 of which were gold and 7 of those had stones. One of the guys said "look at all this bling !". Another said " you are the King of Bling !". So after that , when I saw them again they just called me KOB and it stuck.

So that is the story of THE KOB. To this day my best hunt ever.

My nickname came from 1 particular beach hunt in the 80's. I had told , then showed my finds to a few oldtimer buddies who didn't believe what I found.

During a massive storm at high tide there was about a 12' tall cut , deep into the sand. Targets were falling out of the cut on the sand with each passing wave. Many were either on the surface or just under it. It got to the point where I was ignoring coins. Looking back it was extremely dangerous , I was completely drenched. This hunt lasted for 3 hours before it got just too dark. Amongst all my finds there were 28 rings. 13 of which were gold and 7 of those had stones. One of the guys said "look at all this bling !". Another said " you are the King of Bling !". So after that , when I saw them again they just called me KOB and it stuck.

Assuming you were in SoCal at this time? This was before I started detecting, but California have some big storms combined with the right swell/tides during the 80's. Tom has some stories up here on the Monterey Bay during those years!

:shock: neat, thanks for sharing that !

…..after people read that if anyone already has plans on moving somewhere they just might try to get close to a beach after reading that :laughing:

Assuming you were in SoCal at this time? This was before I started detecting, but California have some big storms combined with the right swell/tides during the 80's. Tom has some stories up here on the Monterey Bay during those years!
Yes , it was in So.Cal. At a very popular beachgoers location that even to this day not many will hunt it due to the trash and iron.

:shock: neat, thanks for sharing that !

…..after people read that if anyone already has plans on moving somewhere they just might try to get close to a beach after reading that :laughing:
That was when gold was somewhat cheap and everybody was wearing it. Not anymore , but I do still get gold on this beach. It's been about 6 years since this beach opened up.

My user name comes from aviation jargon. I made a career change to aviation from engineering about 20 years ago, and I’m a civilian corporate pilot now - chief pilot/aircraft manager when I want to sound important :lol: Anyways, “Airmet Tango” is a reference to a special aviation weather report for turbulence and high winds...sort of a warning, ”be advised, there’s likely a bumpy ride ahead”. I like it as a tongue in check metaphor for life in general :lol:

Born in southern Louisiana to a French speaking dad. My grandparents never spoke English. French only. FTR, I know Cajun is not spelled with a K but I like to be different. There is great food from every culture but none as good as Cajun food cooked by a genuine Cajun cook.

Dick Young is a fictional detective I made up in my mind on one of those days I had way to much idle time on my hands.One of the reasons I,m saving up for my detector!

Back
Top Bottom