• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

ran across a real smart man

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
There are a lot of smart men in the world I suppose, but it is not often that I run into one. This one is a neighbor, but didn't know him because our area is a huge neighborhood of about 1,000 homes in North Atlanta. I know it is true because I watched his plan come about since I drove by his back yard several times a day to get in and out of my neighborhood. His name is Jim.

This I heard from another neighbor who knew Jim the details of his plan. His wife and daughter came to him with their plan for their only daughter's upcoming wedding. It was to be at an exclusive golf resort on the ocean beach. The cost was $75,000.00.

What to do? He came up with a plan for a backyard wedding and back yard reception. The really smart part was that he was able to convince his wife and daughter that this was a good idea.

Soon his fence in his back yard was being torn down. Next came a crew that ripped up his existing pot luck lawn, you know the one with five kinds of grasses and twenty types of different weeds. next out came all the shrubbery as well as the old concrete patio.

Next came a crew that built a new and larger flagstone patio, then some really nice shrubbery that was a mature 4-5 feet tall. Following that came some beautiful flower beds with great flowers. Next came a 20 x 40' in-ground Koi fish pond just next to a nice outdoor kitchen Pergola. The Pergola included a cooking area and lounging area, bar and huge flat screen TV above the bar.

Lastly came an 18 wheeler flatbed with about 7,000 square feet of beautiful Zoysia sod. Then an 8 foot privacy fence for the whole back yard. Then following the fence were the tents and other wedding vendors.

So you see, Jim not only got his daughter married (his first dream) but he also got an absolutely beautiful back yard that he is enjoying to this day which was his second dream. Sometimes Jim's back gate will be open, and as I drive by I see Jim and his friends at the Pergola at the bar with drinks watching football.

Jim is a mighty smart man. Tell me about some smart men that you have come across in the past.

Last edited:
Thats a much better use of the $$$. Increased his property value as well, so they may be able to get a financial return one day along with the personal enjoyment.

Back
Top Bottom