Royal Root Canal

That's great KT !!!!! Some dentists are better than others !

......did your dentist look like this ? :laughing::laughing::laughing:
stooge-dentist.jpg

Glad to hear it went well and painless, good dentist!
I had a wisdom tooth taken out here that was growing straight forward not up in late march, local anesthetic only, no sleepy time gas. They give me 3 shots, first one hurt for a minute, second one I barely felt it at all, third no feeling what so ever. Thy kept me informed the whole time, like ok, now we are going to grind a bit and you will feel some pressure. Then ok, you will feel some more pressure and hear a crack, etc. Took it out in 3 pieces, total 20 minutes start to finish, good dental surgeon is worth his weight in gold!

I’ve had more than a half-dozen root canals, and one rc I had to go back at least 10 times for. I inherited soft teeth and have had several crowns placed, but as far as pain goes, oral surgery to remove a cyst wrapped around my jawbone was the worst. Heaviest pain killers in prescription form didn’t help a bit.

I wilkl bet that he lightened the royal wallet considerably. I had one done back in 64. Had two done since then and the last one did major damage to my bank account.

Glad to hear it went well and painless, good dentist!
I had a wisdom tooth taken out here that was growing straight forward not up in late march, local anesthetic only, no sleepy time gas. They give me 3 shots, first one hurt for a minute, second one I barely felt it at all, third no feeling what so ever. Thy kept me informed the whole time, like ok, now we are going to grind a bit and you will feel some pressure. Then ok, you will feel some more pressure and hear a crack, etc. Took it out in 3 pieces, total 20 minutes start to finish, good dental surgeon is worth his weight in gold!

KT has impacted wisdom teeth both sides lower jaw, but thank the good Lord, it was not affected. Infection around the root of the back right molar was the problem...some antibiotics and the root canal solved the problem for His Majesty. And His Majesty totally agrees, when yer teeth or jaw is hurting, a good dentist is a Godsend!

I’ve had more than a half-dozen root canals, and one rc I had to go back at least 10 times for. I inherited soft teeth and have had several crowns placed, but as far as pain goes, oral surgery to remove a cyst wrapped around my jawbone was the worst. Heaviest pain killers in prescription form didn’t help a bit.

KT was not genetically blessed with strong teeth either, amc rulz. Numerous fillings when a Prince, then several crowns and root canals, then after 2012, the Royal front uppers all abscessed and had to be removed and had the entire uppers bridge veneers for the tidy sum of $10K, no problems with uppers since. This little rc set the Royal Bank Account back $1275.

I Had done about a year or so ago. I think it was 1100. My wife said No you cant get the tooth pulled. At my age i will never get another one done. Too old to get enough use out of a tooth to make it financially reasonable. Nest thing is that many years ago i was the construction supervisor for a home builder. A gentleman that i knew who was a builder decided to go to dental school. Walked into the office and he knew me immediately.

I Had done about a year or so ago. I think it was 1100. My wife said No you cant get the tooth pulled. At my age i will never get another one done. Too old to get enough use out of a tooth to make it financially reasonable. Nest thing is that many years ago i was the construction supervisor for a home builder. A gentleman that i knew who was a builder decided to go to dental school. Walked into the office and he knew me immediately.

Ha ha! Despite knowing the fellow, I bet he gave you no discount!
KT can only chew on the right side due to a faulty cantilevered bridge on the left side that will not stay cemented in, so.... In this instance, saving that tooth was a necessity....not interested in only eating jello and pudding for the rest of My Royal Life! :laughing::laughing:

Nope no discount at all. But he did do a good job. But less than 20 minutes work for that king of a price.

Good to get that taken care if for sure! I just had an older porcelain crown break in half. Second broken crown I’ve had. Got a temp in now till the β€œreal” one is ready. I had them put in gold crowns in the back (2). Have one really old silver looking crown and that porcelain one....

Root canal on the tooth (all my crowns are rooted)...

Good to get that taken care if for sure! I just had an older porcelain crown break in half. Second broken crown I’ve had. Got a temp in now till the β€œreal” one is ready. I had them put in gold crowns in the back (2). Have one really old silver looking crown and that porcelain one....

Root canal on the tooth (all my crowns are rooted)...

KT earlier in life went the gold crown route, and when all that had to be replaced, you should have heard the dentist fuss when KT said he wanted them...who paid for em? His Majesty! Also, gold crowns are 18Kt....they are somewhere deep in the dungeon storage facility nowadays! :laughing::laughing:

The only issues with the one root canal I had were:

1.) Having to hold my mouth open so long it hurt a little afterward,

2.) While doing the procedure, the dentist was discussing an incident where a dentist he knows broke a file in the tooth of a patient with the nurse. Not something your patient wants to think about, doc...

-- Tom

I hads my first root canal done in 1964. Kept having a intermittent severe headache on that side of my head. Navy Corpsman could not figure out what was wrong. NAVY Md Finally said i am sending you to the dentist as you may have an abscessed tooth.

Dentist took X-Rays and confirmed the abscess. Back then they would drill and then fill the inside of the roots. Then take a culture. If it came back positive for bacteria they removed the temp filling. Did some more cleaning, Inserted antibacteria inserts in the canal and tested again in a couple weeks did it all over again. It took two months from the first appointment until the Dentist finally said he would fill the tooth. Now it is a breeze with all the modern equipment and knowledge. But ouch the price.

Back
Top Bottom