Minelab started something

pan4au

Elite Member
Just got an Email fro Wal-Mart...... saying that you can Pre-Order the Galaxy S9/S9+. Now everyone will having something that you can PRE-ORDER. lol

Down with Pre-Orders!

Just got an Email fro Wal-Mart...... saying that you can Pre-Order the Galaxy S9/S9+. Now everyone will having something that you can PRE-ORDER. lol

Unfortunately, this mostly started with the video game industry. EA were about the first to do it on a major scale. They figured out if they could get the community to do most of their final QC for them by running invite only Beta tests, people would freak out wanting in. They make sure the ones getting in are all about the new game, spread it on forums and among friends and the next thing you know, they've got a rabid customer base ready to plop down that dough!

Most of the time, the game drops are a slew of problems and most of the people who Pre-bought are aggravated by the time they get their product, which rarely lives up to the hype.

I thoroughly feel that paying for things you haven't seen or tried puts the manufacturers in complete control of the situation and is terrible for us, the consumer. Let's keep them honest and prove that they've put in the work to earn our hard earned dollars and cents!

I'll step down off my soapbox since my batteries are charged and there's shiny stuff in them there yards! HH! :digginahole:

I love me a pre-order

Unfortunately, this mostly started with the video game industry. EA were about the first to do it on a major scale. They figured out if they could get the community to do most of their final QC for them by running invite only Beta tests, people would freak out wanting in. They make sure the ones getting in are all about the new game, spread it on forums and among friends and the next thing you know, they've got a rabid customer base ready to plop down that dough!

Most of the time, the game drops are a slew of problems and most of the people who Pre-bought are aggravated by the time they get their product, which rarely lives up to the hype.

I thoroughly feel that paying for things you haven't seen or tried puts the manufacturers in complete control of the situation and is terrible for us, the consumer. Let's keep them honest and prove that they've put in the work to earn our hard earned dollars and cents!

I'll step down off my soapbox since my batteries are charged and there's shiny stuff in them there yards! HH! :digginahole:

I think this has been somewhat outdated by the fact that everything is online and realtime now. When I get a video game now adays regardless of order/pre-order time there is an INSTANT patch to download with all sorts of fixes to launch content.

Pre-ordering a video game now generally gets you the "Collector's Edition" or "Day One Edition" that comes with the complete, patched ready to go game as well as extras like bonus in game currency, exclusive in game items and sometimes physical items like statues, T-Shirts, knick knacks. etc.

One of the coolest video game pre-orders I've gotten had the soundtrack and game score on vinyl LP's.

Actually, Garrett started this with the AT Max, lol

Well no matter who started it we all are on the benefiting end in my opinion. The challenge has been made and the gauntlet lay at the detector manufacturers feet.

Reminds me of the current horse power wars going on in the auto industry right now. Manufacturers are producing insane muscle cars at a price the average Joe can afford..

I Like it!

Back
Top Bottom