• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Yep, the word got out!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Well, well, 9 more older ladies have arrived at the Castle's Gate this morning, and they were welcomed in by the Guards, as instructed by His Majesty. One of them is actually 104 years old!

They were very expectant when given a Royal Audience with KT, and were definitely relieved and not disappointed that they would not have to continue to make their own way in the outside world! They were given a Royal Tour of the Castle, and had many questions that the Royal Guide, His Majesty Himself patiently answered. Satisfied that the Castle was not only a safe but joyful place to reside, they happily gave up their worldly wanderings, and agree that this was the place for them! The oldest one, dating from 1918 was their spokeslady and gave a stirring speech on behalf of His Majesty's generosity, resulting in an invite to live out their remaining years in KT's growing silver community!

This led the Royal Guard to lead a HIP HIP HURRAH cheer for His Majesty, happiness being the Royal Word of the Day by KT's Decree!

They all posed for a group picture before retiring for the evening!

Enjoy the picture!

Attachments

• Not CRH 11 03 2022 9 Walkers.jpg
    Not CRH 11 03 2022 9 Walkers.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
You may or may not enjoy this KT...

Running errands this morning I wanted to stop at bank and cash in change I had cleaned up from beach hunting... wasn't much around $45

The bank manager was going through a bag of 50 cent coins... he told me he he paid a thousand dollars for it... he saw silver halves... I am friendly with him and I pointed out the bag was loaded, he had stacks of silver halves when I counted the piles he had 15 piles 10 coins in each pile I looked in bag it was still loaded silver, not 40%ers Barber, Walking Liberty and Franklin halves... He most likely will have a couple hundred at least....

Why someone would bring them to the bank to the coin machine beyond me... they should have gone to a coin dealer... I was drooling and the bank manager was very happy... I should have taken a picture but I left my phone in car and wasn't going out for it...he said he would tell me how many he got after he was finished with bag... he was about a third thru it...

Those are some beautiful Silver Ladies!

Thats a good story Craig! Like to know the final tally..

Years ago when I was a teen, I worked at a little grocery story, IGA. We had two old lady checkers up front, I use to go bag for them when they needed help. The one called me up front and said some one had paid there bill with silver dollars. I ended up buying 6 of them and her (Erma) and Ida got the other 6.

You may or may not enjoy this KT...

Running errands this morning I wanted to stop at bank and cash in change I had cleaned up from beach hunting... wasn't much around $45

The bank manager was going through a bag of 50 cent coins... he told me he he paid a thousand dollars for it... he saw silver halves... I am friendly with him and I pointed out the bag was loaded, he had stacks of silver halves when I counted the piles he had 15 piles 10 coins in each pile I looked in bag it was still loaded silver, not 40%ers Barber, Walking Liberty and Franklin halves... He most likely will have a couple hundred at least....

Why someone would bring them to the bank to the coin machine beyond me... they should have gone to a coin dealer... I was drooling and the bank manager was very happy... I should have taken a picture but I left my phone in car and wasn't going out for it...he said he would tell me how many he got after he was finished with bag... he was about a third thru it...

Yes, that is one smart bank manager! Enjoyed your story! One day KT had been to his dump bank, and finished up. While on the way back to the Castle, he got a call from His favorite bank teller, someone had brought in $110 in halves, did not want to bother with the coin machine, so KT told the teller that I would take them all. So, turned around and hotfooted it back to the bank! Walked in, no tellers were busy, so the one who called me waved KT over, I gave him the cash and took the 220 halves to the coin machine…sorted them there, dumping the non-silver. If memory serves KT correct, there were 12 40%ers and 6 90%ers, a tidy profit for such a short hunt! Cashed the halves ticket out and got most of my cash back! :laughing::laughing:

Yes, that is one smart bank manager! Enjoyed your story! One day KT had been to his dump bank, and finished up. While on the way back to the Castle, he got a call from His favorite bank teller, someone had brought in $110 in halves, did not want to bother with the coin machine, so KT told the teller that I would take them all. So, turned around and hotfooted it back to the bank! Walked in, no tellers were busy, so the one who called me waved KT over, I gave him the cash and took the 220 halves to the coin machine…sorted them there, dumping the non-silver. If memory serves KT correct, there were 12 40%ers and 6 90%ers, a tidy profit for such a short hunt! Cashed the halves ticket out and got most of my cash back! :laughing::laughing:

When I went to bank I asked the manager how many silver half dollars did he pull... He didn't count but he told me, he also checked the dollar gag and there were Morgans in that bag so he told me between the halves and dollar coins he had $600 in face... I told him hold onto them do sell right now silver is low.... I also asked him for a breakdown of what he found... hopefully he will let me know...

When I went to bank I asked the manager how many silver half dollars did he pull... He didn't count but he told me, he also checked the dollar gag and there were Morgans in that bag so he told me between the halves and dollar coins he had $600 in face... I told him hold onto them do sell right now silver is low.... I also asked him for a breakdown of what he found... hopefully he will let me know...

Is it within the banks policy for the manager to “buy” these at face value for himself?!? Often wondered what rules/laws bank employees fall under??

Is it within the banks policy for the manager to “buy” these at face value for himself?!? Often wondered what rules/laws bank employees fall under??

I don't see why not... if regular people can why shouldn't he be able to?

What I’ve found over the last decade or so of roll hunting is that each bank sets it’s own policies, which can even vary from branch to branch of the same bank. Some banks even refuse deposit of known collector coins.

Nice little harem of ladies out walking KT!

What I’ve found over the last decade or so of roll hunting is that each bank sets it’s own policies, which can even vary from branch to branch of the same bank. Some banks even refuse deposit of known collector coins.

Nice little harem of ladies out walking KT!

Royal Thanks, amc rulz! They are sure pretty to Olde KingTotsalot, too! :laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom