Nice collection of Bens!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
While roaming around on eBay, KT came across a complete collection of Ben Franklins in an old folder. As no one had bid on them because the minimum bid was nearly $10/coin, I bid their minimum bid. Surprisingly, no one else bid so His Majesty won the collection. One thing, when looking at the pictures of the album pages, no one could tell the quality of these coins. When it arrived at the Castle, KT was shocked! :shock::shock: Almost everyone was uncirculated, or almost unc! Only one shows a bit of pocket wear, but it should grade fine to VF. So KT ordered a new folder to put them in. It came in over the weekend so Sunday afternoon, KT moved all of them over to the new album. KT thinks this was an estate sale find.

So here are 3 pictures showing the Album Title, Page 1 and page 2 of the obverse of the 35 Bens!

This ranks right up there with the completely uncirculated and proofs Ike Dollar set KT purchased a few years back.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Not CRH 09 19 2022 half dollar album front.jpg
    Not CRH 09 19 2022 half dollar album front.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 325
  • Not CRH 09 19 2022 Franklin Half Collection, pt. 1.jpg
    Not CRH 09 19 2022 Franklin Half Collection, pt. 1.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 306
  • Not CRH 09 19 2022 Franklin Half Collection, pt. 2.jpg
    Not CRH 09 19 2022 Franklin Half Collection, pt. 2.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 310
Nice coins KT. A good investment in the face of rising inflation. Congrats!

Royal Thanks, Soil Surgeon. Hopefully some day in the distant future, this will pay off for Prince John since He will inherit all the Royal Coinage.....UNLESS, suddenly silver jumps to some crazy high value over night and people start paying 40 to 50 times face value! If that happens, KT will cash it ALL out! His Majesty might be crazy about silver coinage, but not when it comes to making LOTS of money off of it! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Just a few years back, KT purchased a totally unc set of Ike Dollars, including Proof and silver issues...for $175. Just the other day, KT looked up these sets on eBay and the cheapest nice set was $250, so if KT needed the cash that was a decent investment, but like with any gamble, KT can afford to "let it ride" in the hope that Prince John will greatly profit by it years down the road!

KT is hoping that the Kennedy halves issue will soon end, as that would make the sets rise in value, but who knows. They have stopped making Ken halves this year due to high demand of lower denomination coins like dimes, quarters, and nickels. At least those are taken in vending machines! Half dollars are now dinosaur coins, with no machines using them and the present generation having never seen one! :lol::lol:

Royal Thanks, Soil Surgeon. Hopefully some day in the distant future, this will pay off for Prince John since He will inherit all the Royal Coinage.....UNLESS, suddenly silver jumps to some crazy high value over night and people start paying 40 to 50 times face value! If that happens, KT will cash it ALL out! His Majesty might be crazy about silver coinage, but not when it comes to making LOTS of money off of it! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Just a few years back, KT purchased a totally unc set of Ike Dollars, including Proof and silver issues...for $175. Just the other day, KT looked up these sets on eBay and the cheapest nice set was $250, so if KT needed the cash that was a decent investment, but like with any gamble, KT can afford to "let it ride" in the hope that Prince John will greatly profit by it years down the road!

KT is hoping that the Kennedy halves issue will soon end, as that would make the sets rise in value, but who knows. They have stopped making Ken halves this year due to high demand of lower denomination coins like dimes, quarters, and nickels. At least those are taken in vending machines! Half dollars are now dinosaur coins, with no machines using them and the present generation having never seen one! :lol::lol:

Not quite my lord. The vending machines at my old college AND my new job both readily accept half dollars. I've used them many a time.

Not quite my lord. The vending machines at my old college AND my new job both readily accept half dollars. I've used them many a time.

KT bets that out of 1000 coins put in any of those vending machines now days, it averages 1 or less for a 50 cent piece. No one I know carries even one in their pocket as a curiosity show and tell example!

KT bets that out of 1000 coins put in any of those vending machines now days, it averages 1 or less for a 50 cent piece. No one I know carries even one in their pocket as a curiosity show and tell example!

I suppose so my lord. I seem to be the one odd ball who uses half dollars as change regularly. I'm all out now unfortunately the banks haven't been getting any lately.

While roaming around on eBay, KT came across a complete collection of Ben Franklins in an old folder. As no one had bid on them because the minimum bid was nearly $10/coin, I bid their minimum bid. Surprisingly, no one else bid so His Majesty won the collection. One thing, when looking at the pictures of the album pages, no one could tell the quality of these coins. When it arrived at the Castle, KT was shocked! :shock::shock: Almost everyone was uncirculated, or almost unc! Only one shows a bit of pocket wear, but it should grade fine to VF. So KT ordered a new folder to put them in. It came in over the weekend so Sunday afternoon, KT moved all of them over to the new album. KT thinks this was an estate sale find.

So here are 3 pictures showing the Album Title, Page 1 and page 2 of the obverse of the 35 Bens!

This ranks right up there with the completely uncirculated and proofs Ike Dollar set KT purchased a few years back.

Enjoy!
nice catch, sometimes you can score on Ebay on things others overlook. i have bought small groups of coins just to get a hidden treasure inside that others didn't catch like a low mintage coin .

Back
Top Bottom