• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

First vacation

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
I have been a dairy farmer for most of my life, got out of farming and been doing factory work for the last 8 years. Never had the time or money to go on vacation when I was farming and last Friday was the first day that I have took off in the 8 years that I have been doing factory work (it was my daughter's birthday). My cousin used to come up from Albany,New York to the farm and stay with us every summer, I was always close to her. The last time that she was up was when she was 21, then her mother father and her moved to Florida. I have always wanted to go see her and her dad again (her mother has passed away) but never had the time or money to do so. I have lots of vacation time at work and my wife has some time off also, my two kids said that they would chip in on the plane tickets for our birthday and Christmas present (our birthdays are in December). So I got thinking, my Dad always looked forward to retiring and traveling but passed soon after his 56th. birthday and never got a chance to. I am not getting any younger and my uncle is in his 80's and is not in the best of shape so I decided finally go and see them, it has been over 30 years and that is way too long not seeing loved ones. My wife has never been on a plane and has never been to Florida. I am looking very forward to going, my uncle lives in Palm Harbor and my cousin lives in St. Petersburg

My youngest if fixing to head off to law school, so last month we spent 2 days in St. Augustine and then 2 days at Disney. Been a few years since we took a vacation. Renovating a house kept me busy and broke. Hope you have a blast.

Back
Top Bottom