Multi silvers, V nickel and Mega clad

Leave-No-Coins-Behind

Forum Supporter
I been eyeballing this old school property for about a year. Every time I arrive there much activity is going on. This location is fair drive to get to so it is hard to check on the conditions that might be going on.

So today, I had the field to myself. And I thought I better find some PA silvers before Mark gets them all....lol. In short, it was a crazy good day. It was one of those rare sites that I could not dig fast enough. And most finds were on the deeper side too.

The ground conditions were perfect. In summary, I found two GWs, 43' & 52', 42' merc. and a 1906 V-nickel in pretty good shape. Plus of course $21.00+ in clad. This brings my FTY silvers to 40.

The past couple of days have been pretty good for me. Yesterday, found a toasted LC which I am bathing in a chemical solution to really kill it. And then another $21,00 in clad too.

Thanks for checking out my latest thread!

Attachments

• IMG_2539.jpg
    IMG_2539.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_2541.jpg
    IMG_2541.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_2542.jpg
    IMG_2542.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 271
UNBELIEVABLE ! 42 Bucks in clad in just 2 hunts. You are the undisputed champion of clad, even Nox dude doesn't come in with those kinda of totals. Great job John.
Congrats on the LC and hopefully it will clean up enough so you can post it, ya know to spite Tom a little bit.
ATTABOY on the triple silver score. 2 silver GWs in one hunt is a rare things these days. Well done. My last 2 outings I couldn't find silver if I tripped over it. Went to 2 city parks and came away with a Buff and a little over a buck in clad and today 2 wheats and a buck and a half.
Back to unbelievable, for you to find so many clad laden spots and dig those kind of totals, well God Bless and by the way if the weather cooperates 50 fty should not be out of the question. Good luck, Mark

Well done Sir! Love those hunts: Clad/target rich area, easy digging, nobody else around, and silvers here and there. My joints hurt just thinking about it too, but back-to-back days like this don't really kill a guy if you're in half-decent shape, and in regular detecting practice. Well done, indeed!

Thank you!

Whoa! My back hurts just looking at this.

Thanks partyofane! The interesting thing is, my back hurts when I am not digging...lol. Thanks for checking the post out.

Sweet v nickel and the silver! That's a killer amount of clad! Good jobđź‘Ť

Thanks metaladdict! It was one of those good kind of days. Hopefully, I will have another one before the end of the year.

Awesome finds!

Thanks crazydigger! I would have been happy with just the clad amount. But with the extras goodies were a nice bonus.

UNBELIEVABLE ! 42 Bucks in clad in just 2 hunts. You are the undisputed champion of clad, even Nox dude doesn't come in with those kinda of totals. Great job John.
Congrats on the LC and hopefully it will clean up enough so you can post it, ya know to spite Tom a little bit.
ATTABOY on the triple silver score. 2 silver GWs in one hunt is a rare things these days. Well done. My last 2 outings I couldn't find silver if I tripped over it. Went to 2 city parks and came away with a Buff and a little over a buck in clad and today 2 wheats and a buck and a half.
Back to unbelievable, for you to find so many clad laden spots and dig those kind of totals, well God Bless and by the way if the weather cooperates 50 fty should not be out of the question. Good luck, Mark

Thanks Mark! You been blazen hot with silvers. I wanted to get some of my share before you and the other PA pirates loot them. I thought this location had good potential, old stone school building converted to offices. Just for kicks, I very quickly hit the large tot lot before departing for home, just to see if this place has been hunted. Yeap, I only found one quarter in the lot. It been crazy as of late, I will many times re-hit some of those old locations that are off the list and tweak the settings and bingo, it's like I never been there before. Nickels and dimes are coming out of everywhere. Thanks again for checking out my thread and your kind words. We still about three weeks to add to the books. GL!

Thats a nice outing Jak. :thumbsup:

Thanks Bajanick! I think I was more lucky this times rather than the other times. But it sure feels good to having a triple silver hunt.

Thank you!

Well done Sir! Love those hunts: Clad/target rich area, easy digging, nobody else around, and silvers here and there. My joints hurt just thinking about it too, but back-to-back days like this don't really kill a guy if you're in half-decent shape, and in regular detecting practice. Well done, indeed!

Thanks Foragist! These kind of hunts it is hard to stop and head home. Honestly, the day before was also a lucrative kind of day that sort of got to me, but once I am up and have breakfast I am ready for another day of digging. I think all this walking and digging keeps me in good shape especially since I squat and don't torture the knees on the ground. Thanks again for your kind words, most appreciated!

Congrats on a great hunt!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Thanks BOZ! Even the semi-local clad locations are drying up. Have to travel out a bit further to find some new old dirt to dig in. What a fun hobby this is!

Wow JAK, great finds! I haven't found any nickels yet but the ones I've seen dug up by other diggers tend to be really crusty. That V is in amazing shape.

thank you!

Nice hunting and congrats on all the finds and silver.

Thanks Jamflicker! Its been so far a good year for me with the clad, silvers and a couple of golds. I will be do my annual tally of them all soon. You had a great year with all those silvers too!

Wow JAK, great finds! I haven't found any nickels yet but the ones I've seen dug up by other diggers tend to be really crusty. That V is in amazing shape.

Thanks MAD Mitch! I am surprised how many clad nickels there are out there. At least on the NOX the numbers can run in anywhere between 10-15. But most often in the 12/13 range. I know I do dig a good amount of pencil eraser bands and pull tab beaver tails as they come in at the same numbers too. GL and HH!

Back
Top Bottom