Amazing find

beepsticker

I have only been at this hobby for a little over two years. But, I guess I should quit now. The pics are a little blurry, you can blame it on the phone, or my shakey as heck hands. But , it truly is a 1794 Liberty Cap one cent. With fully read-able "on hundred for a dollar" around the rim. 10" down , 15 feet off a busy highway, 30 yards from a pre-1850's house.

Attachments

• 1794 Obverse.jpg
    1794 Obverse.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 644
  • 1794 reverse.jpg
    1794 reverse.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 656
I would like to clean it up a little , but I'm terrified that I will lose the features. Not overly worried about the patina. it would be nice to achieve both... cleaner and keep patina

Toothpick it, no water or chemicals. Could ruin detail. Awesome save. If you need help with that sight just send me the coordinates and I'll be there tuit sweet:lol: Good luck, Mark

Great find, I agree with no water or chemicals. It seems that dry brushing works best for me, but don't be too aggressive.

Well since you're from PA (right ?), we expected NOTHING LESS from you, other than coins pre-dating 1800. So .... even though the 1700's coins are spilling out of every sand box there, congratulations nonetheless :sissyfight:

Well since you're from PA (right ?), we expected NOTHING LESS from you, other than coins pre-dating 1800. So .... even though the 1700's coins are spilling out of every sand box there, congratulations nonetheless :sissyfight:

Penny. You better believe it !!!

Amazing find - updated pics

My old phone crapped out , so I had to get a new one. These are the best i can do. I don't know if it is just my photographic abilities or what. I will try to improve. These don't seem much, if any, better. I will need to work on improving my efforts.

Attachments

• IMG_0245 (1).jpg
    IMG_0245 (1).jpg
    29 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_0242.jpg
    IMG_0242.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 410
A very scarce coin. I managed to find one last year or the year before, and it had a hole right through the middle of it :no: congrats on the old copper!

Wow! Congrats on an awesome find, with nice details as a bonus!

As tempting as it might be, I wouldn't clean it beyond rinsing with water and *maybe* the lightest touch with a toothpick - that's a scarce coin.

Back
Top Bottom