Funny thing happened to me over the weekend detecting.

cigarmike

So this weekend I went to a local beach spot about 1 hour away. I'm walking the beach detecting and get about 1/2 mile away from where I park and I dig a target (bottle cap) :(, I cover my hole and start detecting again and notice I'm not getting a signal and no humming noise in my headphones. Damn my batteries must of died :no: So I walk 1/2 mile back to the car to get fresh batteries that's when I noticed my headphone came unplugged from the detector. :shock: Plug it back in and everything works perfectly. DOH! Homer Simpson moment. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've got quite a few stories a heck of a lot like that! Happens to the best of us :lol:

I'm going to carry batteries with me when I get too far from the truck from now on. Yesterday my detector was giving me a low battery signal when I was a goodly distance away. I hate wasting time when I'm hunting.

I had 200 bucks left on my school money plan thing and if we don't use it we lose it so I bought a bunch of AA batteries for my detector haha. I would say it was a good way to spend a few dollars.

The other day within 4 hrs...I went to Walmart 4x and Lowes 2x. Good thing there just down the street but still frustrating.

I know it costs more but i have really liked the lithium batteries. and i have found myself in the past swinging after a dig and realizing a few minutes later i bumped the power button great times....

My story is also a Homer moment, but a little different. I dug my plug and scanned with my Propointer, then laid it down and dug some more. I had pinpointed it pretty precisely, so I dug some more out of my hole and used the pinpointer again. Still no tone, so I dug a little deeper. Pinpointer again, still no tone. Dug down a little deeper, and I'm down to about 9 or 10 inches. Scan with the pinpointer again, still no tone. Then I turn it around. Darn thing was off the whole time. My target was about 2" deep, in the plug. There was 10 minutes wasted.

:D :D

The thing I've been doing lately is after filling in my hole, I stand up, not knowing my foot is on the headphone cord, thus yanking my headphones off as I stand up. On one dig it felt like I was doing that with every hole!

Craig

For some reason this morning, before leaving for work, I had enough presence of mind to get downstairs into my closet and get another pair of 9V bats and put them in my pack! Put me up one Gold Star for that action! :lol::lol:

Couldn't find my keys Tuesday after hunting! Was getting dark & thought maybe somehow they were on the towel and went back in a hole! :shock: looked over the same 10 sq yards of grass for 30 min. Before finding them - I'd walked right by them 4 or 5 times & tried scanning rescent plugs.

Same kind of thing happened with my Detector Pro. Hunted 15 minutes before I realized the batteries had died. It doesn't give any warning. I just thought I had hit an extremely clean area of the beach.:D So, what happened to you just sounds normal.:yes:

Back
Top Bottom