Metal detected playground at the park . . .

Pennyfinder

Elite Member
this morning for about an hour or so. The park recently removed all of the wood chips and have a BIG pile to put back on there with brand new wood chips. I bet a lot of coins and stuff went bye-bye with the old wood chips. But I was able to find about $0.73 in change -- had to dig for it all in the dirt and old wood chips. No pictures. I got out before it got up to 93 today. It was still in the upper 70's when I went to metal detect at the park today.

Good luck everyone happy hunting! Stay cool!

Those playground hunts are enjoyable, even when they're not loaded with clad. Still, if the parks in your area are similar to mine in productivity (or in a lack thereof), then 73¢ in change is great! :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing your hunt with us. :grin:

Thanks for the comments! 😃 I had another chance to get out today at another location and I beat my coin find amount by $0.30 today I found a total of $1.03 today. 2 quarters, 3 dimes, 4 nickels, and three pennies. Woo Hoo! Always love finding change.

But I've got some bad news -- going to have to retire the AT Pro until I can get another headphone! It still works but all of the black wire cover is peeling off of the wires! I guess it's just dry-rotted and coming off. That's going to cost some money so I will stick with the Tesoro for a while until I can afford a new one! I've had the AT Pro 6 years the beginning of April of this year so I guess it's about time for a new headphone! ☹️

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments! 😃 I had another chance to get out today at another location and I beat my coin find amount by $0.30 today I found a total of $1.03 today. 2 quarters, 3 dimes, 4 nickels, and three pennies. Woo Hoo! Always love finding change.

But I've got some bad news -- going to have to retire the AT Pro until I can get another headphone! It still works but all of the black wire cover is peeling off of the wires! I guess it's just dry-rotted and coming off. That's going to cost some money so I will stick with the Tesoro for a while until I can afford a new one! I've had the AT Pro 6 years the beginning of April of this year so I guess it's about time for a new headphone! ☹️

I have my at pro for 11 years and about a year ago the headphones quit on one side and I got the newer ones!
So much better!

Nothing wrong with clad......it's spendable on anything you want to use it for.

I save all my change regardless whether it's metal detected or just change when I purchase something. It gets spent at Christmas time we'll see how much I get this year.

I have my at pro for 11 years and about a year ago the headphones quit on one side and I got the newer ones!
So much better!

I looked at some on KELLYCO they have listed for $50 but they look nothing like what came with my unit and it says it is compatible with my unit. Should I go with those or contact Garrett? I realize it will cost way more if I contact Garrett.

I recently upgraded to the wireless headphones for my AT Pro, I love them. No more cord getting snagged on things and can put the detector down without taking off the headphones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently upgraded to the wireless headphones for my AT Pro, I love them. No more cord getting snagged on things and can put the detector down without taking off the headphones.

How much do those cost is that the z-link ones?

Yes it’s the Z-Lynk, they were around $160. A little pricey but I’m so glad I did it. Just be careful you can get just the head phones or just the transmitter or the set. Obviously you want the set if your upgrading.

yes it’s the z-lynk, they were around $160. A little pricey but i’m so glad i did it. Just be careful you can get just the head phones or just the transmitter or the set. Obviously you want the set if your upgrading.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

Thanks I will need both if I get that!

Just Counted My Total Coins Found So Far For 2021:

Qtrs 7.75
Dimes 3.00
Nickels .75
Zinc .66
Copper .13
Wheat .01
Total 12.30

Back
Top Bottom