• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Planting season has arrived!

hoser

Forum Supporter
Finally the weather has stabilized to the point where we can plant without a big risk of a killing frost. All our tomatoes are in the ground, peppers are in pots on the deck, and annual flowers are planted as well. I do know this is northern Michigan, but the way we planted will make covering them pretty easy. Now if we can just keep the deer out we will have some pretty nice "mater" plants. My Carolina Reaper plant has gone to the pepper plants in heaven. We didn't put it out when it was cold, it just died.:?::mad: I'll post some pics as the gardens progress.

When i think of Grayling i think of paddling the south branch of the Au Sable River and eating burgers at Spike's Keg o' Nails!

When i think of Grayling i think of paddling the south branch of the Au Sable River and eating burgers at Spike's Keg o' Nails!
Yep that is what it's all about. I'm thinking there just might be the canoe marathon again this year........hopefully. The craponelly virus iced it last year. Gonna be a very busy season on the river this year now that the mask thing is almost lifted. I live on the Ausable, but above town on the main branch. Can you say, QUIET!:D;)

A good friend of mine owned a cabin on the river on Connors Flat Road.
Canoed that river many times. A favorite since it runs eastward and the wind is at your back. Also enjoyed many breakfasts at Gates Lodge.

Where do you detect up there?

Mostly outside the guard camp on Military Rd. If you are into old brass casings, there is enough out there to melt down into another Liberty Bell.:lol:

A few years ago i camped out at Jones Lake, tiny state forest campground.
Beautiful weather and i was the only camper there.

Soon found out why. It was close to the artillery range. BOOM, BOOM, BOOM all day and night.

God bless those reservists and guardsmen.

A few years ago i camped out at Jones Lake, tiny state forest campground.
Beautiful weather and i was the only camper there.

Soon found out why. It was close to the artillery range. BOOM, BOOM, BOOM all day and night.

God bless those reservists and guardsmen.

Hope you were dreaming about countermining Mines in Africa, Gun shots aren't in the recipe for good sleep. :lol:

Josh

Nice! I look forward to seeing pictures. We're able to plant a little earlier here. That said, we only planted a 25' x 25' since we had to put it in the fenced back yard, with our Aussie. We would've planted a larger one but it had to be where the dog would keep the deer out, they're everywhere. I planted a second garden (food plot) for the deer. It's 20 yards from my bow stand....;) The picture is from early last month. We now have Okra, Peppers, Cucumbers, Squash, Brussels Sprouts, Lettuce, Tomatoes and Watermelons up and looking good. Good Luck!!

Attachments

• IMG_2074.jpg
    IMG_2074.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 151
Over the past 45 years the trees around my yard have grown to the point that there is too much shade to grow anything. I do miss having home grown tomatoes and other veggies.

Back
Top Bottom